Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool away - SUNDAY 19th / 4.30pm / ESPN - CONFIRMED!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sundays fine by me. I'm mincing up there in an 8-seater cab, should be a CRACKING road trip.

I just hope I can see straight by the time we get to Anfield.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Chances of getting tickets just got better with that kick-off time then, ill probably stay in a Travelodge on the Sunday night - prices for the 2 in Liverpool city centre start at £25 for the Sunday night, less hassle than getting a £40 taxi from Brighton to Eastbourne at 2AM

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Crap for getting back with kids for school the next day.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I can't go to the game, pre-booked Ski-weekend. But this time is ok for me, as I am travelling abck at this time. I just need to get home without radio or ANYBODY telling me the result! :)

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I cant see us taking more than 5k up there for this now. Too difficult to get home on the train, and too late for most of the kids, and on TV.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Chances of getting tickets just got better with that kick-off time then, ill probably stay in a Travelodge on the Sunday night - prices for the 2 in Liverpool city centre start at £25 for the Sunday night, less hassle than getting a £40 taxi from Brighton to Eastbourne at 2AM

That's a good shout. 4 in a car splitting the cost, then £15 each for a night stay is probably going to be cheaper than train or coach anyway. If you can get Monday morning off obviously!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Who bloody thinks of these things! We have the furtherst distance to travel than any other team in the 5th round yet we are shafted with a 4:30 kick of on a Sunday. As others have said there is no real chance for many kids to get to go to a top stadium steeped in history for what is a glamour tie. If we had to be on a Sunday, which I understand the conflicts with Everton, why could we have not had an earlier kick off? Although I can go, feel there are plenty that have been shafted by this timing.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Who bloody thinks of these things! We have the furtherst distance to travel than any other team in the 5th round yet we are shafted with a 4:30 kick of on a Sunday. As others have said there is no real chance for many kids to get to go to a top stadium steeped in history for what is a glamour tie. If we had to be on a Sunday, which I understand the conflicts with Everton, why could we have not had an earlier kick off? Although I can go, feel there are plenty that have been shafted by this timing.

I've pretty much been shafted. Whilst I'm still going (assuming I can get a ticket) it looks like it's going to cost me a LOT more than it would have had it been earlier in the day. Even 3pm would make it doable, although a bit tight. But 4.30? Will make trains tricky and guarantee I have to take a day off work.

matt_32510

Feb 7, 2011
Portslade

TV companies only care about ratings, Liverpool always bring in high viewers, so they put them on the prime slot = more viewers and more money from advertising. They don't care about the fans travelling.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Same day as the Brighton Half-Marathon too - i can get train for £20 each way, going up early Sunday and coming back Monday so ill have a day in the lovely city of Liverpool.

Oh, and remember to leave anything you wouldnt want to be stolen at home, even a Nokia 2210 is like gold up there.

TOUGHMAN

Oct 7, 2003

MONEY MONEY MONEY thas is one and only reason

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Well take it we can't to that 'Great Escape' train ticket then, how much are coaches up there?

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
Sundays fine by me. I'm mincing up there in an 8-seater cab, should be a CRACKING road trip.

I just hope I can see straight by the time we get to Anfield.

6 hours with a stop half way for toilets, lets say 5 beers an hour on average, that means you will be bollocksed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here