Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool Allocation

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
So, it seems Liverpool normally offer 4 blocks, Chelsea and Man City took them all, we’ve taken 3. The final block would’ve been about an extra 900 tickets. The same thing has happened for most of our PL games at Anfield. Not sure how early the club had to make the decision to either ‘stick or twist’.

In hindsight, they’ve probably made the wrong decision, but they don’t lose any money, so why would they really care? Out of order for the members.

TB B&W Army

Sep 30, 2021
Horsham
Palarse friend of mine said that they were told by Liverpool to sell the blocks in order, and the last block, ironically with the best view, didnt make it to sale, so these were then able to be sold to home fans. She reckons LFC make all 4 blocks available, but the away club can only release them in stages, as LFC know there are enough tourists to fill the gaps. Of course, it looks like Barber decided we would only ever want 3 blocks...

TB B&W Army

Sep 30, 2021
Horsham
Sorry, another point, I do wish the club would stop referring to us as customers. We are far more than customers, and it would be nice for them to acknowledge that a bit more

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Palarse friend of mine said that they were told by Liverpool to sell the blocks in order, and the last block, ironically with the best view, didnt make it to sale, so these were then able to be sold to home fans. She reckons LFC make all 4 blocks available, but the away club can only release them in stages, as LFC know there are enough tourists to fill the gaps. Of course, it looks like Barber decided we would only ever want 3 blocks...

Surely that's common sense? If you release all blocks at the same time but don't sell out you may have 900 unsold tickets but spread over all blocks and then you can't return them to the host club to sell! I'm sure we do the same so that an away club will sell blocks in the South East corner first so the segregation can be moved. If they started selling the middle block then you would need segregation on either side instead of just one!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Surely that's common sense? If you release all blocks at the same time but don't sell out you may have 900 unsold tickets but spread over all blocks and then you can't return them to the host club to sell! I'm sure we do the same so that an away club will sell blocks in the South East corner first so the segregation can be moved. If they started selling the middle block then you would need segregation on either side instead of just one!

Yep, worked into the design of the Amex wasn’t it ? So the likes of Burton had one block only I think. However many blocks are taken by the away club are easily segregated and the remainder sold as home tickets. The Palace fan referenced seems to think she has discovered fire or something.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Have you written to the club to complain. If enough people do, who knows, they might not make the same mistake again.

Dear Paul,

Spread across the land there are many Brighton fans in exile. We would like to have a better chance to occasionally go to matches than the Albion+ scheme, which to be honest is a bit pointless, as Brighton rarely seem to take a big enough allocation for tickets to go on sale beyond STHs. Liverpool away this season is a classic example.

I've been going to about 3-4 away matches every season in the NW since I moved to Liverpool for University in 1988. I have been to Shrewsbury, Chester, Wrexham, Preston, Hull, Bolton, Leeds, Tranmere, Everton, Liverpool, Manchester United, Preston, Blackpool, Huddersfield, Burnley, Rochdale, Stockport, Aston Villa, Wolves, Stockport, Oldham to name a few. I have recruited my son, my best friend and his son to also follow the Albion.

Since we've been promoted to the Premier League we've only been able to buy tickets to two matches through the club, which was this season at Burnley and Man City at Wembley. I also took my son to Gatafe in the summer as we happened to be visiting Sussex.

There are hundreds, if not thousands of fans just like us, that are feeling a bit disenfranchised, as we can't seem to get tickets anymore. Can you try to start factoring us into your special calculations when you're working out how many tickets you might need for away games in the future, particularly up north.

Thanks and kind regards,

Captain Dave
Founding member of the Scouse Seagulls

Last edited:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Dear Paul,

Spread across the land there are many Brighton fans in exile. We would like to have a better chance to occasionally go to matches than the Albion+ scheme, which to be honest is a bit pointless, as Brighton rarely seem to take a big enough allocation for tickets to go on sale beyond STHs. Liverpool away this season is a classic example.

I've been going to about 3-4 away matches every season in the NW since I moved to Liverpool for University in 1988. I have been to Shrewsbury, Chester, Wrexham, Preston, Hull, Bolton, Leeds, Tranmere, Everton, Liverpool, Manchester United, Preston, Blackpool, Huddersfield, Burnley, Rochdale, Stockport, Aston Villa, Wolves, Stockport, Oldham to name a few. I have recruited my son, my best friend and his son to also follow the Albion.

Since we've been promoted to the Premier League we've only been able to buy tickets to two matches through the club, which was this season at Burnley and Man City at Wembley. I also took my son to Gatafe in the summer as we happened to be visiting Sussex.

There are hundreds, if not thousands of fans just like us, that are feeling a bit disenfranchised, as we can't seem to get tickets anymore. Can you try to start factoring us into your special calculations when you're working out how many tickets you might need for away games in the future, particularly up north.

Thanks and kind regards,

Dave Sharples, MBE

Excellent letter.... It doesn't impact me but my nephew is in a similar position , he is in Oxton.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Dear Paul,

Thanks and kind regards,

Captain Dave

It's worth a try but at the end of the day, the only hope is the club getting an increased allocation which exceeds any demand from STH. If we weren't in the EPL then demand would be lower and more opportunity for the exiles to get tickets! STH will always get priority.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
For some of us every game is an away game (4 hours each way ) so bite the bullet and get a Season Ticket.
I realise you might not be able to get to every game ( like me and a few more I expect ) but you will get a far better chance of getting tickets for away games

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
For some of us every game is an away game (4 hours each way ) so bite the bullet and get a Season Ticket.
I realise you might not be able to get to every game ( like me and a few more I expect ) but you will get a far better chance of getting tickets for away games

Not everyone can afford a season ticket for a few games. I am local but have not been yet this season I have a good seat but not sold via the exchange for any game yet.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010

I can’t imagine there are many fans that can afford the time and expense of an 8 hour round trip for home matches, so fair play to you. We love going to the match and it’s a special day out when we do. Hopefully we might still get tickets for Anfield, there’s often people who have bought tickets but then realise a few days before that they can’t make it for various reasons. Btw I need 2 x adults + 2 x under 17s, thanks.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

TB B&W Army

Sep 30, 2021
Horsham
Yep, worked into the design of the Amex wasn’t it ? So the likes of Burton had one block only I think. However many blocks are taken by the away club are easily segregated and the remainder sold as home tickets. The Palace fan referenced seems to think she has discovered fire or something.

Well they do know a thing or two about fire, given they tried to burn down parts of Croydon :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here