Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool Allocation

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I would make it a proper sale transaction very much like music festivals which then send you the ticket later. In most cases the stand layout and numbers is known. If circumstances change then club would have a caveat to cover that. If dates change then they go out for resale. Some could ask why bother - well the art of a good business is not just getting new customers its about keeping the existing ones and this would a step in the right direction.

In an ideal world they could do that at the start of the season however, as we know, kick off times change. That said, I think the on sale dates could be a bit sooner than they are at the moment.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
In an ideal world they could do that at the start of the season however, as we know, kick off times change. That said, I think the on sale dates could be a bit sooner than they are at the moment.

They do change and it might be the allocation reduces so would need to work round that - not impossible. What I don't know is whether 40 people missed out on Liverpool or 400 so even some sort of data accumulation would be good - maybe the club have this and know a lot better than me but it does seem a number of people are saying they wanted to go but couldn't.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
It's not easy but it's not impossible especially when there have been away games that haven't sold out.

At the end of the day, if you're not a STH and don't go to the less glamourous games then don't expect to get tickets for the big games.

I dont give a shit about points, they're an irrelevance when it comes to non season ticket holders. The ONLY way we can get tickets to away games is when the allocation doesn't sell out - so if the club are never going to risk that, then we can never go to away games - unless they're midweek league cup games when work means its not possible to go anyway.

We're not choosing 'big games', we're just selecting non - London/South Coast weekend away games when we are actually free. Most of these are 'big games' in terms of opposition, but so what? Just want to watch the Albion away :shrug: not to mention seeing us beat Burnley away will be more fun than losing to Man City. My free weekend happens to be the game at Old Trafford, but are they going to pull the same shenanigans with ticket numbers thee too?

It has become a closed shop if this is the way the club wants to do it.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
They do change and it might be the allocation reduces so would need to work round that - not impossible. What I don't know is whether 40 people missed out on Liverpool or 400 so even some sort of data accumulation would be good - maybe the club have this and know a lot better than me but it does seem a number of people are saying they wanted to go but couldn't.

Agree, it's not impossible. It's also disappointing that the club didn't take the full allocation for a game against Liverpool on a Saturday with a 3pm kick off!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I dont give a shit about points, they're an irrelevance when it comes to non season ticket holders. The ONLY way we can get tickets to away games is when the allocation doesn't sell out - so if the club are never going to risk that, then we can never go to away games - unless they're midweek league cup games when work means its not possible to go anyway.

We're not choosing 'big games', we're just selecting non - London/South Coast weekend away games when we are actually free. Most of these are 'big games' in terms of opposition, but so what? Just want to watch the Albion away :shrug: not to mention seeing us beat Burnley away will be more fun than losing to Man City. My free weekend happens to be the game at Old Trafford, but are they going to pull the same shenanigans with ticket numbers thee too?

So far, I believe, Burnley didn't sell out. The other two, Palace and Brentford did but with small allocations. That's the only three league away fixtures so far. None of those have sizeable grounds so it's disappointing that we didn't go for the 3k at liverpool. If we didn't sell out Liverpool then you could understand why for future big away games the club take a smaller allocation. Will be interesting to see what they do about Villa and West Ham, both of which we could have 3k for.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
So far, I believe, Burnley didn't sell out. The other two, Palace and Brentford did but with small allocations. That's the only three league away fixtures so far. None of those have sizeable grounds so it's disappointing that we didn't go for the 3k at liverpool. If we didn't sell out Liverpool then you could understand why for future big away games the club take a smaller allocation. Will be interesting to see what they do about Villa and West Ham, both of which we could have 3k for.

We'll get a full allocation in the cavern that is West Hams stadium, and comfortably sell out at STH level like we do all London games.

Villa I got tickets for last time, will be an interesting test case. But they're really isn't an excuse for not taking out a full allocation at Anfield or similar games.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Burnley was in the middle of the school holidays, Brentford only holds 17k was always going to be small, Palace is Palace.
I can’t believe we wouldn’t have sold 3k at Liverpool for a Saturday 3pm. Strange decision.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010

I live in Liverpool and have been to pretty much every ground in the NW since the early 90s. I agree it is very difficult to get tickets now, although I managed to go to Huddersfield and Burnley via the club but unfortunately since we’ve got to the Premier League exiles aren’t really catered for in the same way. One tip is wait for the week of the game (say United) and then comment on the tickets thread how lovely it would be to go but sadly you couldn’t get a ticket.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Burnley was in the middle of the school holidays, Brentford only holds 17k was always going to be small, Palace is Palace.
I can’t believe we wouldn’t have sold 3k at Liverpool for a Saturday 3pm. Strange decision.

thought Brentford's new ground was nearer 25k...

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
blimey - can't read the article. Can it be expanded? Thought they moved to increase capacity , doesn't seem worth it.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit

Burnley we got tickets, Norwich full allocation not taken, tickets didn't get to Albion+ members.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I wouldn't be surprised if most provincial clubs fail to take up their full allocations these days. Post-Covid (and arguably post-Brexit), money is going to be short for many, so I suspect away clubs are going to be very wary of taking too many tickets and having to pay for any they subsequently don't sell.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
It's not easy but it's not impossible especially when there have been away games that haven't sold out.

At the end of the day, if you're not a STH and don't go to the less glamourous games then don't expect to get tickets for the big games.

May I say sir that you are talking complete borrox.

We northern based Albion+ members go to all the less glamorous games we can, e.g. Burnley this year. In fact it is the more glamorous that are the less appealing usually. The Etihad is not fun but we have endured it each year as we have managed to get tickets for this glamorous fixture each time, as many southern based STH can't be bothered to make the journey.

We are not talking about the past, but this season, when the club fail to take sufficient allocation that we don't even have the option to buy a ticket, glamorous or not, Norwich and Liverpool so far then yes it is impossible.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Further consideration is the days of cheap train travel seems to have stopped for northern games (there is quite a good deal to get to Norwich if you split the tickets). From the coast both Burnley and Liverpool were over £100.

Yes, I appreciate most of our away games are northern trips technically.

razer

Mar 10, 2019
Ormskirk, Lancashire

We northern based Albion+ members go to all the less glamorous games we can, e.g. Burnley this year. In fact it is the more glamorous that are the less appealing usually. The Etihad is not fun but we have endured it each year as we have managed to get tickets for this glamorous fixture each time, as many southern based STH can't be bothered to make the journey.

We are not talking about the past, but this season, when the club fail to take sufficient allocation that we don't even have the option to buy a ticket, glamorous or not, Norwich and Liverpool so far then yes it is impossible.

This. I got the Albion+ membership for exactly the same reason (ie access to away tickets) but there doesn't seem much point having it if the tickets are no longer available.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Well I'm sure you don't talk for every northern based Albion + members!!

The away allocation for Norwich was up to 2669. I don't know how many were eventually taken but if not the full amount then I'm guessing that sales didn't go as well as the club might have hoped. On the basis that they have to get seats in blocks of possible 400ish then it's unlikely the club will take that option if it's only going to accommodate a handful of Albion+ members leaving the club with the paying for the rest.

I agree that it is odd that the full allocation for Liverpool wasn't taken so we'll have to see what the club do about Aston Villa.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I’ve followed Brighton for over 30 years but have lived in Liverpool since 1988, I have raised my son to support Brighton, he’s been going to away games in the NW since he was 6 and is now 14. We’ve probably bought him about six kits and he recently went to his first home game against Getafe when we were visiting Sussex. I know we probably don’t exist as far as these decision go, but I’m seriously frustrated that we haven’t taken our full allocation against Liverpool. No doubt I’ll borrow someone’s season ticket again and go in the Kop, yes some clubs are less bothered about that sort of thing, but maybe next season can we actually take the full allocation so all the forgotten exiles can go to a few more games please. BARBER OUT.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here