Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Live Music 2023

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Lloyd Cole on Monday at the Dome was great...

Even more so as they were knocking out £39 tickets for a tenner...

Nearly 3 hours of his career with the best from Rattlesnakes and the new album the highlights...

Dressed like an ice-cream seller to boot

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Embrace on Monday @ Chalk...A sell out and wow, the boys from Bailiff Bridge didn't disappoint...

Played 'The Good Will Out' all the way through then some other stuff, weirdly the opening track ( All you good good people) more of a banger than most bands encores

morematey

Jun 28, 2017
Bob Vylan was carnage at Chalk last night. I don’t agree with all his views, but really respect his DIY ethos. This was particularly highlighted by him running his own merch stand including doing all the card payments himself. Remember he’s sold out a 2500 venue in London tonight - if he was signed to a major he would not need to do this. I thought Panic Shack were also good.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Bob Vylan was carnage at Chalk last night. I don’t agree with all his views, but really respect his DIY ethos. This was particularly highlighted by him running his own merch stand including doing all the card payments himself. Remember he’s sold out a 2500 venue in London tonight - if he was signed to a major he would not need to do this. I thought Panic Shack were also good.
It was just brilliant. I’m battered and bruised from the mosh pit. I’m probably too old for this sort of behaviour.

Attachments

• IMG_2314.jpeg
    IMG_2314.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 30

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Had no idea he was that big to be honest, hopefully he plays Glastonbury again next year.

morematey

Jun 28, 2017
It was just brilliant. I’m battered and bruised from the mosh pit. I’m probably too old for this sort of behaviour.
Never too old. I’m 43 and intend to be in the pit until I simply I can’t do it. Also battered from last night. Felt bad for the guy who got carried out - definitely knocked out unconscious (at least initially).

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
@CorgiRegisteredFriend The other band I saw last week which I forgot to mention when I saw you was Heartworms.

Fantastic gig at Village Underground. JoJo is destined to be a star! Sadly, no Airfix kits on sale on the merch stand though...

I think they are doing Rockaway Beach in Jan.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
@CorgiRegisteredFriend The other band I saw last week which I forgot to mention when I saw you was Heartworms.

Fantastic gig at Village Underground. JoJo is destined to be a star! Sadly, no Airfix kits on sale on the merch stand though...

I think they are doing Rockaway Beach in Jan.
Thanks Kevo. I will check them out- love a bit of airfix. Thanks too for the Seapower Tunbridge date. Unfortunately the whole of that February tour coincides with my daughters wedding. But should make London.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Tricky doing Maxinquaye at the Roundhouse in March. 50 quid a ticket. Not sure I can be bothered with a 100 quid+ night out for it.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Thanks Kevo. I will check them out- love a bit of airfix. Thanks too for the Seapower Tunbridge date. Unfortunately the whole of that February tour coincides with my daughters wedding. But should make London.
Doing both London dates, so hopefully see you there.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
16/12/2023 - Sleep Token at The OVO Arena Wembley.

PXL_20231216_213848236.jpg

What a band, what a community, what a night.

PXL_20231216_222752219.MP.jpg

My artist of 2023 didn't disappoint with their show. A pulsating mix of genres from pop to RnB, Hip Hop and Metal.

PXL_20231216_211527917.MP.jpg

Part way through the show they announced the vocalist was ill and struggling to sing, so the crowd were the vocalists for three songs which was an incredible coming together.

PXL_20231216_213813261.jpg

Vessel managed to sing towards the end for a triumphant end to a massive 2023 for the band. If you ever get the chance to see them then take it as they are amazing performers.

PXL_20231216_215447502.MP.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't suppose anyone on here was suitably arch and rich enough to see Sault in their debut gig?
No. But I really do hope they tour this production.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here