Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Live Music 2023

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Pulp at Bridlington Spa was 73 quid and very much a one off for me. If you aren't leaving the country your costs aren't that high.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I passed on her specifically because of the pricing. I can afford it, but can't justify it.

If acts are being hit by posts, they need to more imaginative. Two shows a night. Longer runs etc.
Fair enough. The theatre she is playing is rather nice and only a walk from my apartment. This definitely swayed my thinking as I hovered over the buy-button. If it was the other side of town then I'd most likely have passed.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Actually, looks like standing was £67 and seats were £90 - plus fees, of course.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I don't think I've been to a gig this year, and ^ explains why. Was keen to see Big Thief in Brighton, but £36 put me off. Although I'm aging and Covid has had an impact, I used to go to at least a gig a month for decades.
Glad we've invested in Love Supreme -- it does show that festivals are weighing in at much better value than gigs at the moment.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I don't think I've been to a gig this year, and ^ explains why. Was keen to see Big Thief in Brighton, but £36 put me off. Although I'm aging and Covid has had an impact, I used to go to at least a gig a month for decades.
Glad we've invested in Love Supreme -- it does show that festivals are weighing in at much better value than gigs at the moment.
Saturday line up is strong isn't it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Greg Wilson dj set should be a good time. Greentea Peng's debut is one of my favorite debuts for a while. Courtney Pine will be decent.
I have seen Greg Wilson in Brighton before, at a night called Disco Deviant. The late great Andrew Weatherall also played this night. Was always an excellent club night.

morematey

Jun 28, 2017
:bigwave:
They were superb at Latitude.
Yeah I’ve heard they are great live. It will actually be my first time seeing them. For some reason I couldn’t get into Cocoa Sugar. However Heavy Heavy was love at first sight and has helped me try harder with the earlier stuff. I couldn’t do their Chalk show in Feb due to work commitments and so am delighted they are playing Brighton again on the tour.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004

Just back from Swans at St. Georges Church, Kemptown...

The loudest, most visceral and intense performance i've seen in 45 years of gig watching...

My ears and brain are hanging on in there (just)
Just got back myself. One of the quietest Swans gigs in 30 plus years of watching them!
Absolutely brilliant gig though. One of the best I’ve seen by them in recent times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here