Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Live Music 2023

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Only got Kritin Hersh next month and Boo Radleys with CUD in November.

Really should make the effort to see some new bands but I can't be arsed.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Lorrelle Meets Obsolete and House of All were both excellent at the weekend, sandwiching a fantastic away trip to Manchester. Dexy's were really good last night and great to see Kevin do Geno (Geno Washington doing a show in Worthing for his 80th birthday)

The next one I am really looking forward to is Treeboy and Arc at the Albert early October, I have played the album Natural Habitat a lot, its very good. Hot Wax and Pip Blom before that. Also Sprints do an instore in January and play patterns in the spring.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Saw Raye (with orchestra and gospel choir) at RAH tonight.

Outstanding.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Last Friday saw John Grant with Richard Hawley and band sing a set of Patsy Cline songs at the Dome...

He only sang one of his own ( The Czars 'Paint the Moon' ) which was as it should be in a concert of Patsy songs yet along with 'Sweet Dreams' they were the standouts from a very high bar....

A musical collaboration made by the musical gods, if ever a studio/live album was needed then this is it

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Last Friday saw John Grant with Richard Hawley and band sing a set of Patsy Cline songs at the Dome...

He only sang one of his own ( The Czars 'Paint the Moon' ) which was as it should be in a concert of Patsy songs yet along with 'Sweet Dreams' they were the standouts from a very high bar....

A musical collaboration made by the musical gods, if ever a studio/live album was needed then this is it
Not the Dome but you get the idea.....

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Saw Das Koolies (Super Furry Animals minus Gruff Rhys) at Rough Trade last week. Was very enjoyable even for someone who is biased and thinks they can do no wrong.

Well worth it when they eventually put a proper tour together (if they can be arsed).

tonyt

Feb 23, 2009

Yes I was there too. Very laid back but excellent!

morematey

Jun 28, 2017
I’ve got Barry Can’t Swim instore at Resident, Young Fathers, Mutations Festival , Deadletter, Bob Vylan and Opus Kink coming up.

So far.

It’s been a busy year, gig-wise.
I think our taste in music is very aligned. I’m also at Young Fathers, Mutations and Bob Vylan. Only skipping Deadletter and Opus Kink as saw them earlier in the summer. I’ve also got Model/Actriz on the 10th Nov booked in.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I think our taste in music is very aligned. I’m also at Young Fathers, Mutations and Bob Vylan. Only skipping Deadletter and Opus Kink as saw them earlier in the summer. I’ve also got Model/Actriz on the 10th Nov booked in.
Lovely stuff.

Jim Bob now also booked, as well as Yard Act next March at The Dome. 🙂

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Young Fathers tonight at the Dome were incredible. Gig of the year for me so far and I’ve seen a lot.
Just back. Needed a couple of pints to debrief after that.

Incredible. Theatrical. Just a superb gig by a band at the top of their powers.

To coin a phrase. Wow.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Saw PJ Harvey last night, was quite magical. She performed the new album in its entirety then various tracks from her back-catalogue including a sublime The Desperate Kingdom of Love.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
Green door last night. Call me Franco headline. Excellent local band. Decent support from mission creep and Ben Are Arfa.

morematey

Jun 28, 2017
Anyone got any new band recommendations for Mutations Festival next week? Big Special pretty much my only ‘must see’ at the moment in that category.

Of the more established acts playing, I‘m looking forward to finally getting to see Porridge Radio and Prima Queen live.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Anyone got any new band recommendations for Mutations Festival next week? Big Special pretty much my only ‘must see’ at the moment in that category.

Of the more established acts playing, I‘m looking forward to finally getting to see Porridge Radio and Prima Queen live.
Cucamaras were excellent at The Great Escape. Unfortunately they clash with Gruff Rhys, who we have to see.

If you haven't seen CVC yet, I hugely recommend that you see them!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here