Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Live Music 2013

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
After a slowish start to the year it really starts to get going for me this week

Anais Mitchell/ Jefferson Hamer - tonight
Mazes - tomorrow (really like their new album)
Magic Band/ Damo Suzuki/ Iceage - Friday (The worst clash, still haven't made my mind up.)

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
After a slowish start to the year it really starts to get going for me this week

Anais Mitchell/ Jefferson Hamer - tonight
Mazes - tomorrow (really like their new album)
Magic Band/ Damo Suzuki/ Iceage - Friday (The worst clash, still haven't made my mind up.)

I would go for Iceage on the Friday based on the album and the fact they are pretty noisy which suits me. Magic Band close second and they are apparently doing two sets.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I would go for Iceage on the Friday based on the album and the fact they are pretty noisy which suits me. Magic Band close second and they are apparently doing two sets.

I'm veering toward Iceage as they've been brilliant both times I've seen them, including one of the most out of place sets I've ever seen from a band, at Bestival. Damo's ridiculously reliable as well.

I've not caught the Magic Band before. Am I just going to be focused on the fact the Captain isn't there or is it actually any good?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
On Valentines i went to folky night hosted and performed finally within by Sam Lee. Inbetwixt each song he gave about a 15 minute background to it while his shoeless gypsy band tightened their strings or polished their nepalese recorders, but in spite for the smugness of his knowingness there was a belief in his passion, and the music won the night over completely. It were good that.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
I've got

Springsteen at wembley on June 15th
The Who at Lg Arena Brum on June 28th
Fleetwood Mac at O2 London on September 24th

Blazing Apostle

Jul 30, 2011
can I just add Complete Stones Roses 19th April Conc 2 - if they are as good as have see them before will be great night

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
John Foxx and The Maths playing at Concorde 2 on 7th June could be interesting.

scarby

Feb 16, 2004
wellingborough
I've got

Springsteen at wembley on June 15th
The Who at Lg Arena Brum on June 28th
Fleetwood Mac at O2 London on September 24th

Got the same but different venues.

Springsteen @ the Ricoh

The who @ LG arena

Fleetwood mac @ LG arena

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
A cracker last night from the ever reliable Anais Mitchell she played her new "Child Ballads" record in it's entirety & assorted other career highlights including a mass singalong for "Why We build The Wall" from Hadestown. Excellent crowd as well, quiet and respectful when they were playing & showing loud appreciation when appropriate. Not quite as good as the show she played with the full band last year but to be expected I guess.

Anais Mitchell s Lady (Child ballad #6) - YouTube

Camera quality pretty poor but the sound is fine.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Tragically Hip. July 2. Koko, Camden.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Anyone go to Joy Formidable at the Concorde tonight...?

I saw Savages, again (supported by the excellent Teeth of the Sea) - and once again they were absolutely superb, surely one of the best bands around right now. Talking to someone after and we agreed they have that thing that all brilliant bands have - every member makes a contribution - great drummer, great bassist, great guitarist and a fantastic, charismatic lead singer. Anyone who even vaguely likes post-punk type music should go and see them...

Last edited:

boik

Yep, and thought they were ace as usual. Only minor criticism is that a couple of the new songs are a bit too similar, and they do over-indulge in the false-endings a bit, but then I prefer bands that don't just copy the album when the play live.

Wonder if Ritzy got her guitar back?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

I saw Savages, again (supported by the excellent Teeth of the Sea) - and once again they were absolutely superb, surely one of the best bands around right now. Talking to someone after and we agreed they have that thing that all brilliant bands have - every member makes a contribution - great drummer, great bassist, great guitarist and a fantastic, charismatic lead singer. Anyone who even vaguely likes post-punk type music should go and see them...

Could not agree with you more. The last time I saw them they were the best so far. Hoping for some local dates from them soon- maybe a Great Escape appearance though they are probably too well known now. They are playing at The End Of the Road Festival which has a pretty good line up.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Flaming Lips at Brighton Dome Wednesday 22nd May. On sale Friday 8th March.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

That was the Stool Pigeon wake wasn't it? Great line up, crap circumstances. It will really be missed.

I reckon Teeth of The Sea are one of the best British bands out there at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here