Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Live Music 2013

matildaseagull

Aug 12, 2003
Good Old Sussex
Have just secured tickets for John Grant at the De La Warr in March. Possibly the best album of last year (although I change my mind everyday).

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Just booked Speedy Ortiz @ the Green Door Store for feb 20th. Need to start booking a few more, just Midlake and Trans booked at the moment.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Just booked Speedy Ortiz @ the Green Door Store for feb 20th. Need to start booking a few more, just Midlake and Trans booked at the moment.

Make sure you catch Joanna Gruesome supporting the Speedy Ortiz show. I don't know much about the headliners but would be tempted to go on the strength of JG alone.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
You might like some other mates of mine in a Brighton/Chichester band called TRAAMS who are starting to get somewhere....Krautrock meets Sonic Youth.

Love Traams, though they are post the point of a local tip, I'd be expecting them to make some waves nationally, Grin is a super album and they've really come on as live performers, I last caught them in December and they were exceptional.

http://www.brightonnoise.co.uk/live-review?p=75241

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
well, I'm going to John Murry .......... BUT! while he has 3 or 4 excellent songs, a dozen good songs and some other stuff (as far as I know ....... I've seen him twice before) ........... yet .............YET when Mark Eitzel plays around here it's at The Palmeira (not that I'm complaining ........... best gig of the year by a mile......... and I saw a LOT).

Johns Grant and Murry make for lazy press so I am fully expecting their gigs to be overly populated by I-Spy/Trainspotter/List ticking i-Phone filming CJTCs.

Mark Eiztel PISSES on these comparatively feted also rans (good as they are)

disgrace

.............. and Mark Kozelek is better than the two Johns as well

'The Three Johns' is a different matter

I need to sleep

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
First Radio show of the new year featuring local bands, forthcoming gigs, recent releases & classics.

http://www.mixcloud.com/jamesmclarnon562/19th-january-2014/

Tracks played by White Denim, Conan Mockasin, Mugstar, East India Youth & Warpaint who all play Brighton in the near future.

Great. Looking forward to having a listen later. I have seen some really positive reviews of the Warpaint album and am now wishing I had a ticket for their Brighton show.

Flex Your Head

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here