Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lingard looking for a loan move....

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
There's a player in there. He was excellent for England at the last World Cup. Whether we'd see that player is questionable. Also reputedly on £100k per week, so United would need to be covering a large chunk of that to make it viable.

On balance, if we were to get a Man United player in during January, I'd prefer it to be Henderson or Romero.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Ole's getting a P45 for Christmas so no Manure players will be going anywhere in January until the new man (or woman . . . or 'being' ) is installed to flounder around mid table for the rest of the season.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Yes, he scored a great goal. I have seen Rohan Ince and Tommy Fraser score great goals too. March and Ali J. have scored crackers. I expect Locadia's highlights video was pretty good as well..................

Any player on a pitch for long enough will inevitably contribute something. The worst players you can think of having played with will have done something good at some point, that's just inevitable. Lingard popping in a cracker against Palace, or Panama or any other individual example you can find is fine by me - anybody has the potential and anyone who has been in the game for so long at such a high level has to be capable of doing something. It's a question of how often do they do something? In our position, we need more consistency in output rather than more players who over the course of a season will have a handful of highlights. We have plenty of them already.

I am certain that whoever signs Lingard will regret it, immediately.

I'm not saying that he still has it, just that he once had it. If pushed, I would probably sway towards him bringing too much risk and not enough promise for a team in our current position. I was merely saying that it's not surprising that those with a more optimistic viewpoint may want to consider him as an option.

You never know, if we sign enough of his old squad, Southgate may finally come and watch us at the Amex, something that to my knowledge he has not done once since we've been in the top division. I wonder if there is any other EPL ground in the country that he has failed to visit at all in the last four years.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Exactly this. The same posters come out with the same thing every time and it's obvious they don't actually watch a lot of football other than Brighton games and just read a bit about it online.

The fact is he's currently a better player than Trossard, Gross, Mac Allister, and Ali J and fitter/younger than Lallana who are the options we currently have in his position. If we had a chance to get him it would be no brainer.

There's a player in there. He was excellent for England at the last World Cup. Whether we'd see that player is questionable. Also reputedly on £100k per week, so United would need to be covering a large chunk of that to make it viable.

I agree with these comments. If back to his best, he is definitely better than what we have, but at what cost. if the money we pay United can be sensible then I'd definitely have him. We are not exactly ripping up trees right now are we, and a midfielder with a good scoring record in the P/L is definitely worth a shot.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I agree with these comments. If back to his best, he is definitely better than what we have, but at what cost. if the money we pay United can be sensible then I'd definitely have him. We are not exactly ripping up trees right now are we, and a midfielder with a good scoring record in the P/L is definitely worth a shot.

Agree if Utd cover 50% of his wages - would be a gamble worth making .

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Looks like an Everton/Southampton/West Ham signing to me. But I don't think he'd get in the Everton team unless they had a few injuries, he doesn't have the work rate for Saints..... so it's Davey Moyes and the rented athletics track for him. [emoji23]
You HERD it HEAR first.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
As petty as it is, I still haven't forgiven him for acting like a total bellend away to Derby in the play-offs.

He can f*ck off.

I was at that game. What did he do?

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I was at that game. What did he do?

Vividly remember him celebrating like we’d scored a last minute winner when LuaLua got our constellation goal.

That goal made it 4-1 on the day, 6-2 on aggregate and was scored in the 88th minute. It was always going to be Lingards last game for the club before swanning off back to Man.U and him clambering all over Kaz who didn’t celebrate at all really, really pissed me off.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Vividly remember him celebrating like we’d scored a last minute winner when LuaLua got our constellation goal.

That goal made it 4-1 on the day, 6-2 on aggregate and was scored in the 88th minute. It was always going to be Lingards last game for the club before swanning off back to Man.U and him clambering all over Kaz who didn’t celebrate at all really, really pissed me off.

I see.

Of all the reasons to hate a player I suspect this may be one of the flimisiest. Not quite as flimsy as a negligee in Carry On Emmannuelle, but you wouldn't want to go outside in light rain wearing it.

That said, you'll never catch me arguing against a firmly-held grudge. No sir :bowdown:

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I never liked the look of him and don't rate him, Moyes who knows what he is talking about ( :rolleyes: ) rates his versatlility, work rate and he HOPES some quality. Surely he would know by now?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Seem to recall Lingard being somewhat less than whelming while he was with us. Think he's probably reached the peak of his natural ability with the West Ham loan move, tho will always be playing second fiddle to Antonio. Now THERE'S the kind of natural talent worth going the extra mile to unearth. Fantastic asset!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If he was any good he’d be in the Manure first team. I think I’d pass this one.

Pretty sure there are some players who aren't in the Man Utd first team who would still walk straight into our team. Dean Henderson? Edison Cavani? Alex Telles?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here