Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lingard looking for a loan move....

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Did a good job here not too many years back. I'd love to see him in an Albion kit again!

Yes,I liked lingard when he was with us.he was a nice lad,played well and really got involved with the club and I wouldn't mind him coming back at all.
It may even happen with the ashworth and welbeck connection.
It would do him good spending some time back at a decent club with a good bunch of team mates and we could definitely do with his quality.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I wasn't that impressed with him when he played for us, a bit inconsistent. He's definitely improved as a player at United though, could be worth another shot on loan.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Wages and I don't see where he fits in. So no.

The cash could be better spent in different areas imo.

We have a lot of serious young quality. Look at Bissouma for example. Started off as a rough diamond with obvious talent but often terrible decision making. Now he's one of our best players.

Would prefer to see the likes of Trossard improve like that (and he will) than lose his place to a not quite been (and no disrespect to Lingard, but he'd never have played for England if he'd been at a different club).

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
No. Because:

1. We already have countless players in attacking midfield (Khadra being the latest young star eyeing in the first team).

2. His salary expectations will be enormous.

3. He lost form with Man Utd, why would he rediscover it with us.

4. His ego would prevent him joining us.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Better than Bridge and Upson? Okely dokely.

Not for me Clive.
Bridge has to be our best loan signing by some distance. What a player, and what a fantastic attitude after being "Britain's best paid golfer" at City. He certainly proved a point (before screwing it up by going to tinpot Reading lol).

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
No. Because:

1. We already have countless players in attacking midfield (Khadra being the latest young star eyeing in the first team).

Looks like an Everton/Southampton/West Ham signing to me. But I don't think he'd get in the Everton team unless they had a few injuries, he doesn't have the work rate for Saints..... so it's Davey Moyes and the rented athletics track for him. [emoji23]

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Potter would probably want to alternate him at LWB because Ben White has the midfield spot he'd want...

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
No. Because:

5. He is complete and utter rubbish.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
For me he was the best loanee that we have had, and he has improved & matured since then. Yes..from me. The downside is that having three senior signings this year could stop our young players progressing...

Not if theyre playing & training with and learning from superior players.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Seems to have disappeared, so I can understand why he wants a loan move to get his career going again.

The thing is, we need players who are committed to our cause, to help us win games not just playing for themselves. We need team players, honest hard working and skilled players. IF he’s willing to let go of ego, work his backside off and fight for us then I’m reasonably certain he has the ability within him.

It’s a maybe from me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here