Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lineker Lodge

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
At the end of the day Lineker is a all round good egg in my book, as a football fan I have fond memories of Italia 90, an England legend in my eyes, I think he's a good presenter and in an interview about him I saw recently he came across as a really warm and genuine person, nothing controversial or sinister.

When did Human empathy and kindness make you a lefty / liberal / do gooder / Marxist ? Gaslighting gone too far I think.....

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
So should we wait until it is a crisis nationally before we act?

Act how exactly?

"Take back control of our borders". We have, haven't we?

Or just build on some of the 91% of the UK that isn't built on?

Perhaps a points scheme, but then, as I pointed out on another thread, who would get the points, seeing as it's really people like cleaners and fruit pickers we need?

Or are you worried about a Dinghy Armarda?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
The irony being that Nigel Farage is descended from French Huguenots who were fleeing religious persecution.

You do realise that the Huguenots, at the very most numbered 50k. They were also Christians so assimilated well. They also held...and still hold the reputation as the finest lace workers in the world so turned England into the global centre of this trade (it was BIG in those days.

Contrast this with boatload, trainload, planeload truckload of stateless, tradeless peasants, and agricultural workers who do not have a Christian/ western outlook currently flowing into our ports and onto our beaches. It just isn’t the same ballpark...same state...same country.

The exception is Syria...and its war of aggression against its own people.

Before all that conflict Syria had an excellent educational system, decent healthcare, an affluent middle class and decent economy.

You can delude yourself that all of the asylum seekers are Syrian Doctors and Astrophysicists and humanitarians but you'd be dead wrong they might SAY they’re Syrian but interpreters speaking Arabic are finding that many actually speak Pashto or some other language...odd for Syrians...and many speak a variety of sub Saharan languages...again odd.

Those in need of harbour from war, persecution or genocide are welcome.. but we CANNOT solve the whole worlds poverty issue. We just can’t...we’ll, not without destroying our own country.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
How on earth can you construe my post as racism? I’m referring to the refugee issue as a whole, hence why I use the term ‘These people’ the point of my post was to say that, what is the right and wrong? I always see people bleating on about how migrants and refugees should be allowed in, but whats the actual answer? Please enlighten me, because the guy who quoted me named a few success stories, but you can’t base giving someone asylum or U.K. status based on if they are going to be a success, unless you have a crystal ball.

And that in itself is prejudice, what is the answer? Open the borders to everyone? Don’t allow anyone? Allow some? Reject others? Allow people in based on how desperate they are? I don’t know, you tell me, don’t make baseless accusations of racism, it’s becoming unbelievable how quickly people accuse people of such a serious thing. I find people who dehumanise such desperate people despicable, FWIW.

Sorry, I was a bit harsh. If you didn't mean to sound racist, fair enough. I apologise.

My view is it is quite straightforward on what to do, but it won't happen any time soon because the issue has become so toxic.

There are several separate issues. The first is legal immigration. Well, that is controlled, by definition. By the government. We used to have free movement of working Europeans as part of EU rules, but I don't call that immigration. In any case, 80% of people who have issues with immigrants are really only concerned with dark skin and muslims, so we can move on swiftly from the EU I hope. The government should invite immigration based on economic and social issues. Unfortunately the population don't agree on what is appropriate. Some people think we should allow people entry as temporary serfs to work the fields etc then send them home, some extending this to all professions (nurses, doctors, let 'em in for a bit then boot them out). Some people think that it is better to let the fruit rot than allow foreigners in the country. Other feel that if we need nurses and doctors, or indeed fruit pickers, and locals ar unavailable, let's have some new citizens. Can't please everyone so you are right there are no answers. If you want to please everyone that is.....

In politics everything is compromise - the art of the possible. Whoever can get a majority to support them gets to make up the plan. You know that. It is the same with everything in a liberal democracy.

We have always done 'refugees' reasonably well. A bit draconian in my view, but OK. On the one hand, too restrictive and we risk turning down applicants who end up dead back home, and on the other hand too generous and we let in some who are here just to destroy 'Christian' society. Spend a few more quid vetting and monitoring maybe? Paradoxically those most opposed to immigration are not interested in vetting - waste of public money ("Just say no to the lot of them"). Unfortunately all voices are heard and the worst voices are the loudest. A government needs the courage of its convictions, but that isn't how UK politics works (same everywhere I guess). We live in a dictatorship of the electorate. Ironic, that.

We have made lots of mistakes. We let in loads from the colonies in the 50s to do the shit jobs (Powell was instrumental in this), gave them full citizenship but treated them like animals, packing them into monoculture neighbourhoods, encouraging the birds of a feather to flock together. Hoping the rest of us wouldn't notice them in their wig wams. I never spoke to a black person till I was 18. I grew up in Rottingdean and Portslade. It could have warped my tiny mind.

The only solution is to bring people who are here properly into our society. We need to have some almost legal defined values. Well, actually we have. Some of the ways women, children and homosexuals are treated by some immigrant populations are illegal here. Now. Good. A bit late, but good. Not that the indigenous population were much better in the 50s, 60s, 70s....I remember PIE going on marches in the 70s. They were white. Those 'races' who cast the first stone, etc. British values.....an evolving beast, and rightly so.

For those who are not yet here and want to come here....we will need to spend money to create a better asylum/refugee system. Just hoping they will stay in Calais is pathetic. One of my brothers works in social services dealing with asylum seekers. They are detained here for a bit then many just abscond. The legal process is too slow with the low spend we seem to have decided is appropriate. There is no way I'd come here under these arrangements. But there again I'm not desoperate. Being even more ****ish to immigrants is not the answer.

The reason I resigned from the labour party (I rejoined his year) was because Mr Tony decided to give taxpayers money to all religious schools. I was OK with C of E getting some breaks - wishy washy religion, did me no harm (left me alone to my athiesm). But when the nation was getting increasingly twitchy about integration, why give people money to raise their kids in the medaevil madness they had back home? We all read about the madrassas training the boys in hate 15 years ago. We saw 'scholars' preaching hate on the 6 o clock news. Allowing all that was pathetic and wrong.

So my solution? Fairness. Love. The laws. Being homophobic is not acceptable just because that's what your jamaican mum beat into you while waving the bible about, or what it allegedly says in the Koran. Or in the Mail on Sunday. Being racist is not acceptable. With that in mind, perhaps the sting will slowly be drawn from the issue of immigration. Over the next 20 years or so. No rush.

We need governments with the balls to do what is fair and right, though, and continue to do so, not playing to the gammon gallery every time the polls look iffy.

Where I agree with you is that I can't see how this can be achieved. The reason I can't see how it can be achieved is that old stumbling block - to effect change you have to get elected, and to get elected you have to have broad appeal. To put it bluntly, you can't alienate the racists, whether they are driving a white van or walking home with their halal dinner, and if you do you won't get enough votes to get into power. Time and education may alleviate that. And laws, firm and upheld.

In the meantime, as citizens, we should try to not wallow in the filth. Racism is racism. Homophobia is homophobia. No ifs, no buts.

That, or, git orf my land or I'll set the dogs on you.

Finally I don't know of anyone who advocates an open door policy. Piers Corbyn, maybe? His views on this would be as influential as his other bright ideas. Is he not a Covid-denier? I know that a straw man can be of use but **** me sideways. I put the 'open door policy' advocates in the same shitty bin as the tiny and irrelevant political organization that calls itself BLM (as opposed to the excellent meme, BLM, that I unequivocally support). I'll leave a discussion on that to the professors of whataboutery that lurk on my ignore list.

Anyway, apologies, again, for harsh words said in an 'oh no, not another one' moment.

Last edited:

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020
I agree with Laurence, All lives matter

29762592-8435825-image-a-18_1592485542308.jpg

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Even if those figures are correct, it's really not that many is it.

People getting their knickers in a twist over a few hundred desperate people trying to save their lives. Why?

Most of them will end up in detention centres as they were sold the lie that the streets here are paved with gold, when they aren't.

The lucky ones who get asylum will receive basically **** all until they manage to get a job. Which is difficult when you're living in a hovel with barely enough money to eat.

My Mrs works at the college here, in admissions. She's sees the reality of these poor ******** lives. Just trying to make a life here and better themselves but with the odds stacked against them.

There are plenty of things to get angry about at the moment. I'd start with the government paying £150m to a dodgy company for PPE which didn't work. That's one hundred and fifty million pounds, pissed up the wall, or rather scammed from the country.

While the Mail and the Sun ramp up hatred against people with nothing, the real criminals are in charge, fleecing us for everything they can get.

Oh and fair play to Gary. At least he's backing up his words with actions. I think he's a decent bloke.

Why do you call it hatred? If anything, any anger is directed at politicians. But perhaps one reason people want this issue tackled is less than a few years ago we didn’t need detention centres the size of football stadiums, and the associated costs could be spent elsewhere? It’s literally a new tax payers cost. A significant one too. And I’d hate to think what state those centres are in for the poor sods confined to if MoJ is anything to go by. As for GL, it’s a great gesture but I can equally see why less forgiving people see it as all part of his PR machine. Kinda got be super wealthy to have his convictions.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
At the end of the day Lineker is a all round good egg in my book, as a football fan I have fond memories of Italia 90, an England legend in my eyes, I think he's a good presenter and in an interview about him I saw recently he came across as a really warm and genuine person, nothing controversial or sinister.

When did Human empathy and kindness make you a lefty / liberal / do gooder / Marxist ? Gaslighting gone too far I think.....

It’s weird how the gammons snipe at Lineker yet seem to have no issue, and support, certain politicians who are clearly in it for self-interest and have their snouts well and truly in the trough. Weird.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

View attachment 127974

He’s right, but that hardly adds to the problem solving debate. Just a bland virtuous statement, if anything completely detached from reality because clearly many lives don’t - you ask any black persons in America, or try to get an expensive treatment on the NHS, or tax dodging elites and corporates to pay their fair share etc etc. Always a taboo subject and an outcry but the reality is, most people’s lives in this world ain’t worth nearly as much as we’d like, or hope to believe! Has always been thus...

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Why do you call it hatred? If anything, any anger is directed at politicians. But perhaps one reason people want this issue tackled is less than a few years ago we didn’t need detention centres the size of football stadiums, and the associated costs could be spent elsewhere? It’s literally a new tax payers cost. A significant one too. And I’d hate to think what state those centres are in for the poor sods confined to if MoJ is anything to go by. As for GL, it’s a great gesture but I can equally see why less forgiving people see it as all part of his PR machine. Kinda got be super wealthy to have his convictions.
I agree. It's this shambles of a government who are to blame. They've had ten years, what's their excuse now?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
You do realise that the Huguenots, at the very most numbered 50k. They were also Christians so assimilated well. They also held...and still hold the reputation as the finest lace workers in the world so turned England into the global centre of this trade (it was BIG in those days.

Contrast this with boatload, trainload, planeload truckload of stateless, tradeless peasants, and agricultural workers who do not have a Christian/ western outlook currently flowing into our ports and onto our beaches. It just isn’t the same ballpark...same state...same country.

The exception is Syria...and its war of aggression against its own people.

Before all that conflict Syria had an excellent educational system, decent healthcare, an affluent middle class and decent economy.

You can delude yourself that all of the asylum seekers are Syrian Doctors and Astrophysicists and humanitarians but you'd be dead wrong they might SAY they’re Syrian but interpreters speaking Arabic are finding that many actually speak Pashto or some other language...odd for Syrians...and many speak a variety of sub Saharan languages...again odd.

Those in need of harbour from war, persecution or genocide are welcome.. but we CANNOT solve the whole worlds poverty issue. We just can’t...we’ll, not without destroying our own country.
Bloody Hugenots.....

https://youtu.be/6KVO378tjsw

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I agree. It's this shambles of a government who are to blame. They've had ten years, what's their excuse now?

Way it works is this: Tories probably good for another 5 years blaming former Labour govt as reason for state of things. Then Tories get kicked out. Then Labour spends 10-15 years blaming former Tories as reason for state of things. Then Labour gets kicked out. Then...you see the pattern developing? :lolol:

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020
It’s weird how the gammons snipe at Lineker yet seem to have no issue, and support, certain politicians who are clearly in it for self-interest and have their snouts well and truly in the trough. Weird.

Gaslit Nation

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

View attachment 127974

Laurence Fox is a bit of a gammon super hero and a massive tw@. He'd be agreeing with Baker in the Bear Pit.

That sentiment is fine, but it is just sentiment. You wouldn't put a fire out in a single house by spraying all of them with water would you? You'd tackle the problem and save everyone.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

I knew you were a bit of a strange fellow, never had you down as a racist [emoji2371]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Even if those figures are correct, it's really not that many is it.

People getting their knickers in a twist over a few hundred desperate people trying to save their lives. Why?

Most of them will end up in detention centres as they were sold the lie that the streets here are paved with gold, when they aren't.

The lucky ones who get asylum will receive basically **** all until they manage to get a job. Which is difficult when you're living in a hovel with barely enough money to eat.

My Mrs works at the college here, in admissions. She's sees the reality of these poor ******** lives. Just trying to make a life here and better themselves but with the odds stacked against them.

There are plenty of things to get angry about at the moment. I'd start with the government paying £150m to a dodgy company for PPE which didn't work. That's one hundred and fifty million pounds, pissed up the wall, or rather scammed from the country.

While the Mail and the Sun ramp up hatred against people with nothing, the real criminals are in charge, fleecing us for everything they can get.

Oh and fair play to Gary. At least he's backing up his words with actions. I think he's a decent bloke.

I was going to reply to this thread. I don't need to now:thumbsup:

My only comment us that the Johnson expression is "spaffing up the wall".

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I knew you were a bit of a strange fellow, never had you down as a racist [emoji2371]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yawn. Rolls eyes.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Sorry, I was a bit harsh. If you didn't mean to sound racist, fair enough. I apologise.

My view is it is quite straightforward on what to do, but it won't happen any time soon because the issue has become so toxic.

There are several separate issues. The first is legal immigration. Well, that is controlled, by definition. By the government. We used to have free movement of working Europeans as part of EU rules, but I don't call that immigration. In any case, 80% of people who have issues with immigrants are really only concerned with dark skin and muslims, so we can move on swiftly from the EU I hope. The government should invite immigration based on economic and social issues. Unfortunately the population don't agree on what is appropriate. Some people think we should allow people entry as temporary serfs to work the fields etc then send them home, some extending this to all professions (nurses, doctors, let 'em in for a bit then boot them out). Some people think that it is better to let the fruit rot than allow foreigners in the country. Other feel that if we need nurses and doctors, or indeed fruit pickers, and locals ar unavailable, let's have some new citizens. Can't please everyone so you are right there are no answers. If you want to please everyone that is.....

In politics everything is compromise - the art of the possible. Whoever can get a majority to support them gets to make up the plan. You know that. It is the same with everything in a liberal democracy.

We have always done 'refugees' reasonably well. A bit draconian in my view, but OK. On the one hand, too restrictive and we risk turning down applicants who end up dead back home, and on the other hand too generous and we let in some who are here just to destroy 'Christian' society. Spend a few more quid vetting and monitoring maybe? Paradoxically those most opposed to immigration are not interested in vetting - waste of public money ("Just say no to the lot of them"). Unfortunately all voices are heard and the worst voices are the loudest. A government needs the courage of its convictions, but that isn't how UK politics works (same everywhere I guess). We live in a dictatorship of the electorate. Ironic, that.

We have made lots of mistakes. We let in loads from the colonies in the 50s to do the shit jobs (Powell was instrumental in this), gave them full citizenship but treated them like animals, packing them into monoculture neighbourhoods, encouraging the birds of a feather to flock together. Hoping the rest of us wouldn't notice them in their wig wams. I never spoke to a black person till I was 18. I grew up in Rottingdean and Portslade. It could have warped my tiny mind.

The only solution is to bring people who are here properly into our society. We need to have some almost legal defined values. Well, actually we have. Some of the ways women, children and homosexuals are treated by some immigrant populations are illegal here. Now. Good. A bit late, but good. Not that the indigenous population were much better in the 50s, 60s, 70s....I remember PIE going on marches in the 70s. They were white. Those 'races' who cast the first stone, etc. British values.....an evolving beast, and rightly so.

For those who are not yet here and want to come here....we will need to spend money to create a better asylum/refugee system. Just hoping they will stay in Calais is pathetic. One of my brothers works in social services dealing with asylum seekers. They are detained here for a bit then many just abscond. The legal process is too slow with the low spend we seem to have decided is appropriate. There is no way I'd come here under these arrangements. But there again I'm not desoperate. Being even more ****ish to immigrants is not the answer.

The reason I resigned from the labour party (I rejoined his year) was because Mr Tony decided to give taxpayers money to all religious schools. I was OK with C of E getting some breaks - wishy washy religion, did me no harm (left me alone to my athiesm). But when the nation was getting increasingly twitchy about integration, why give people money to raise their kids in the medaevil madness they had back home? We all read about the madrassas training the boys in hate 15 years ago. We saw 'scholars' preaching hate on the 6 o clock news. Allowing all that was pathetic and wrong.

So my solution? Fairness. Love. The laws. Being homophobic is not acceptable just because that's what your jamaican mum beat into you while waving the bible about, or what it allegedly says in the Koran. Or in the Mail on Sunday. Being racist is not acceptable. With that in mind, perhaps the sting will slowly be drawn from the issue of immigration. Over the next 20 years or so. No rush.

We need governments with the balls to do what is fair and right, though, and continue to do so, not playing to the gammon gallery every time the polls look iffy.

Where I agree with you is that I can't see how this can be achieved. The reason I can't see how it can be achieved is that old stumbling block - to effect change you have to get elected, and to get elected you have to have broad appeal. To put it bluntly, you can't alienate the racists, whether they are driving a white van or walking home with their halal dinner, and if you do you won't get enough votes to get into power. Time and education may alleviate that. And laws, firm and upheld.

In the meantime, as citizens, we should try to not wallow in the filth. Racism is racism. Homophobia is homophobia. No ifs, no buts.

That, or, git orf my land or I'll set the dogs on you.

Finally I don't know of anyone who advocates an open door policy. Piers Corbyn, maybe? His views on this would be as influential as his other bright ideas. Is he not a Covid-denier? I know that a straw man can be of use but **** me sideways. I put the 'open door policy' advocates in the same shitty bin as the tiny and irrelevant political organization that calls itself BLM (as opposed to the excellent meme, BLM, that I unequivocally support). I'll leave a discussion on that to the professors of whataboutery that lurk on my ignore list.

Anyway, apologies, again, for harsh words said in an 'oh no, not another one' moment.

Nail on head several times over. Would you consider standing for Parliament in the Winchester constituency so I could vote for you?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nail on head several times over. Would you consider standing for Parliament in the Winchester constituency so I could vote for you?

:lolol: :thumbsup:

As some people will know (aka, as anyone who knows me will know), I'm far too intolerant of fools and charlatans to make any attempt to do anything in politics. It would be one 'give over, you ludicrous lying vindictive thundercunt' and game over, with respect to any aspirations of low office, let alone high. I decided some time ago it would be best to spend more time with my family before, rather than after an ignominious fall from grace :lolol:.

But...thanks. It's always nice to feel some resonance. :rave:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
:lolol: :thumbsup:

As some people will know (aka, as anyone who knows me will know), I'm far too intolerant of fools and charlatans to make any attempt to do anything in politics. It would be one 'give over, you ludicrous lying vindictive thundercunt' and game over, with respect to any aspirations of low office, let alone high. I decided some time ago it would be best to spend more time with my family before, rather than after an ignominious fall from grace :lolol:.

But...thanks. It's always nice to feel some resonance. :rave:

Shame...... and you always make sense!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here