Life after Breaking Bad...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Veep is well worth a watch. Won't take up too much of your time - only 2 * 10 episode seasons to date. Funny though.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I am still recovering from the final episode!
There are people out there who are yet to watch the series and I feel nothing but envy for what they are about to go through. Nothing has matched Breaking Bad before and after.

It was this very line that made me plough through to the end. Just finished the last episode and my heart was pounding! I never really get worked up over tv but this had me gripped. Blimey.

I'm not by any stretch a tv fanatic and rarely give anything the time of day, but the whole premise of Breaking Bad made me want to get round to giving it a watch. Done the whole lot in just under 2 weeks!

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
this week seen the first 6 episodes of House of Cards;

compelling, disgusting, riveting, toxic, ugly, and very modern.............with a sprinkling of social engineering.

i will watch some more :)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
this week seen the first 6 episodes of House of Cards;

compelling, disgusting, riveting, toxic, ugly, and very modern.............with a sprinkling of social engineering.

i will watch some more :)

I've just finished episode 7. Very intriguing, I'd add frightening to your adjectives as well.

damo1971

Jun 21, 2011
Im trying to get into The Wire, but 4 episodes in and its not really jumped out at me yet, people have told me to stick with it for about 6 episodes as it is abit slow... Hope it picks up!

The wire does take time to get going, I felt the same after a few episodes but when you have seen at least 1 series you understand how well it is written and the level of detail that has gone into it.

damo1971

Jun 21, 2011
House of Cards was incredible,
Lilyhammer I quite liked too.
Just started watching game of thrones.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I am still recovering from the final episode!
There are people out there who are yet to watch the series and I feel nothing but envy for what they are about to go through. Nothing has matched Breaking Bad before and after.

I watched the first couple of episode of series one a couple of years ago and thought it was rubbish. When it ended I read all the positive comments and saw how many awards it had won and decided to give it another try. So pleased that I did. A very good series and is up there with the Wire. Just cannot understand why it seemed so poor first time around.( I think it was the underwear :))

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Been avoiding this thread for months in case of spoilers.

Took me forever to get hold of the last few episodes. Christmas and my birthday passed without fruition. Worth the wait!

I'm pleased to see 'House of cards' being praised as that is what I got for my birthday, looking forward to it now.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Been avoiding this thread for months in case of spoilers.

Took me forever to get hold of the last few episodes. Christmas and my birthday passed without fruition. Worth the wait!

I'm pleased to see 'House of cards' being praised as that is what I got for my birthday, looking forward to it now.

I love House of cards, great acting from Kevin Spacey.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I managed to watch all of Breaking Bad on my PS3 with the one month free trial from Netflix - is there a similarly cheap way to watch The Wire ???

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
TV is just amazing at the moment. House of Cards, Game of thrones, true detective, Fargo, breaking bad (I know has finished but only recently) orange is the new black also worth a watch on Netflix.

albionite

May 20, 2009
TV is just amazing at the moment. House of Cards, Game of thrones, true detective, Fargo, breaking bad (I know has finished but only recently) orange is the new black also worth a watch on Netflix.

Give Vikings a watch aswell, very good. On the history channel at moment.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
My two favorites haven't been added to the list yet: Suits and Mad Men.

Suits is just easy watching, fast paced American drama - no underlying emotiveness, what you see is pretty much what you get. It's funny, clever and incredibly well written.

Mad Men is also very well written, but the polar opposite of Suits - the most important parts of MM is what's NOT being said. Every character has been tightly written and superbly cast. Also written by Matthew Wiener of Soprano's fame, it's absolutely fantastic, and I'm going to miss it terribly when it finishes next year.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I managed to watch all of Breaking Bad on my PS3 with the one month free trial from Netflix - is there a similarly cheap way to watch The Wire ???

There is an app I can get on my kindle fire and my samsung phone called series streaming, it has all the t.v.vseries you could ever want. I dont think you can get it on apple, but it only costs about a fiver, and so far i have watched two series of game of thrones, two series of Boardwalk Empire, two series of Copper, and I'm just startig True Detective tonight. I have bought a micro hdmi to hdmi cable and can now watch it on my big screen t.v.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Anyone else rate Suits? It seems to have had stellar reviews across the board and I watched the pilot episode and it was decent enough, but I've never been into the whole legal/courtroom thing, so my question is - Does it develop into a lot more than two NYC hot shots in suits doing their thing?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports