East bound
Californication
Arrested development
Lilyhammer

Take. Your tv pick

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
I've got House Of Cards right in my face every time I log into Netflix. Someone I know, who is a reliable sauce and shall not be mentioned, told me that Spacey is a sexual predator and a horrible person.

I've always found his stuff harder to watch after that.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I watched the first two series of breaking Bad and did not rate it at all.

Same here, I really don't see what all the fuss is about. People have told me it gets better but I didn't particularly like any of the main characters so I'm not sure I'd ever enjoy it.

I'd recommend:
House of Cards
Fringe

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Same here, I really don't see what all the fuss is about. People have told me it gets better but I didn't particularly like any of the main characters so I'm not sure I'd ever enjoy it.

I'd recommend:
House of Cards
Fringe

This. I didn't like any character in it.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
A see a lot of people give up on Breaking Bad after two seasons. Poor mistake.

Unless they replace ALL the characters in "season" 3 then I don't see it as a poor mistake

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I think 2 seasons is quite enough to decide whether I like something or not. What is that? Something between 15 and 20 hours of tv? I think that reflects more on the Prog makers than folks who got bored of it.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I'd recommend:
House of Cards
Fringe

This. I didn't like any character in it.

How could you not like Hank? Hank is a brilliant character, projecting this alpha male tough exterior he is plagued by panic attacks and sensitivity. The performance is an amazing portrayal of someone 'acting' out the person they think everyone else believes them to be. Totally engrossed in him from start to finish.

Part of the genius of the show IMO is that you aren't drawn into liking all the characters through notional sentimental devices, or supposed good deeds. There is a peeling away of any perceived 'goodness' leaving you unable to care for any of them at some points (apart from Hank!). This dissection of character, of dissolving of relationships was what made the show for me. The action and drugs are almost a sideshow to the evolution of each of the characters and their breakdowns thereafter.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
How could you not like Hank? Hank is a brilliant character, projecting this alpha male tough exterior he is plagued by panic attacks and sensitivity. The performance is an amazing portrayal of someone 'acting' out the person they think everyone else believes them to be. Totally engrossed in him from start to finish.

Part of the genius of the show IMO is that you aren't drawn into liking all the characters through notional sentimental devices, or supposed good deeds. There is a peeling away of any perceived 'goodness' leaving you unable to care for any of them at some points (apart from Hank!). This dissection of character, of dissolving of relationships was what made the show for me. The action and drugs are almost a sideshow to the evolution of each of the characters and their breakdowns thereafter.
Yes, bit like American Beauty with crack. Like I say, bored me.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Yes, bit like American Beauty with crack. Like I say, bored me.

Don't get me started on American Beauty, a film I used to quite like until I was forced to "study" it in AS-Level Media Studies (don't judge me). Every tiny little thing apparently had meaning, even though it's highly unlikely the people working on the film knew about it.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
I've got House Of Cards right in my face every time I log into Netflix. Someone I know, who is a reliable sauce and shall not be mentioned, told me that Spacey is a sexual predator and a horrible person.

I've always found his stuff harder to watch after that.

Seems like he was a perfect fit for the show then. It's incredible. Some of the best television I've ever watched, right up there with Breaking Bad and GoT.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Im trying to get into The Wire, but 4 episodes in and its not really jumped out at me yet, people have told me to stick with it for about 6 episodes as it is abit slow... Hope it picks up!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here