Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liam Rosenior - Next Brighton manager?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I have always liked Liam R. After the City game, it was obvious that he was streets ahead of Toure in terms of a 'thinking' manager. The way he analysed RDZs playing style and tactics was excellent and you could see that he really bought into it and was really excited by it.

The perfect scenario would be for him to have 6 months apprenticeship under RDZ.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
No managerial experience
And LR has no experience of RDZ's methods whereas Lallana does. Assuming RDZ stays for next season then Milner will also have experience of his methods and both have played under Klopp. Think LR would need to excel next year to have any chance.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Brilliant bloke and I would love him back at the club.

Obviously he's not ready right now, but there isn't a vacancy right now.

I'd be amazed if the club wasn't informally keeping in touch with him

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Wouldn’t surprise me all that much if the next appointment was from within. If RDZ is with us for a couple more seasons he’ll have ample time to imprint his philosophy on our existing coaching staff (assuming they’re not all pinched en masse again).

Lallana feels very much like a leader in the making but we don’t know what preparatory work he’s doing while still being a player. Do players have sufficient downtime to take coaching badges for example?

I’m your go to guy for NOT in the know opinion. Hard facts, less so. :p

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I know I’ll probably get criticised for the timing of this but it doesn’t really matter. The reality is that whilst De Zerbi has committed his future at the club and we all want him to stay as long as possible, there is no guarantee that next season we qualify for Europe again and in that scenario it would seem likely that RDZ moves on. I’m sure the club have already got a shortlist for their next manager based on a variety of scenarios. The most likely is that we get to the knockout rounds and maintain our top 10 status. This all depends on recruitment and injuries of course.

One candidate who has emerged recently and has spoken in glowing terms about RDZ is Liam Rosenior at Hull. Now we all know that Hull have hardly set the Championship alight this season but next season they are a team to watch under him.

I think a De Zerbi disciple with links to the club and someone without a big profile is a very Brighton kind of appointment in the future. He seems to be very intelligent in the way that he talks about what RDZ has done I have no doubt that with these comments he has put himself in that shop window with this future in mind!
Whoah, down boy! o_O:shootself

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Wouldn’t surprise me all that much if the next appointment was from within. If RDZ is with us for a couple more seasons he’ll have ample time to imprint his philosophy on our existing coaching staff (assuming they’re not all pinched en masse again).

Lallana feels very much like a leader in the making but we don’t know what preparatory work he’s doing while still being a player. Do players have sufficient downtime to take coaching badges for example?

I’m your go to guy for NOT in the know opinion. Hard facts, less so. :p
I fear that Lallana may lack empathy and may go the way of Trevor Francis in management.

The reality is we have several new men lined up, and only the likes of amateur racist, and former light entertainer, Swansman have ever heard of them.

Of the names mention thus far, only @Stat Brother is likely to be close.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Going back to the OP. Why does it "seem likely" that RDZ would move on? Not sure I ever really understand people posting with that kind of certainty. He may move, he may want the challenge. Who knows? Only RDZ I would suspect. Unless the thread starter is RDZ of course.
Why? It's an absolute certainty the De Zerbi will leave at some time. It's only the 'when' that is an unknown.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
After RDZ, TB is going to want more of the same. Replacing a unique manager is going to be extremely difficult, so promotion from within seems likely as long as they have the time to develop of course. Will be very interesting to see what happens but it won't be a while yet.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Going back to the OP. Why does it "seem likely" that RDZ would move on? Not sure I ever really understand people posting with that kind of certainty. He may move, he may want the challenge. Who knows? Only RDZ I would suspect. Unless the thread starter is RDZ of course.
Because this place is full of doom—mongers ?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
We aren't going to be replacing RDZ with recently retired players with no managerial experience or managers with only Championship experience, just because they've been quoted saying they rate RDZ.
You can be sure of that.
More to the point, is there anyone, apart from Souness and the failed Spurs bloke, who have said they DON'T rate RDZ? :lol:

Liam Rosenoir is well loved here for very good reason, but the OP is putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 487 it seems.

scooter1

How soon is now?
I think managers are a bit of a thing of the past. Recruiting has changed, and whilst man-management is a required strength, respect and being tactically astute are the key requirements. Lallana, Milner, Crofts are players who are learning(or possibly will be) from RDZ, and these are probably the next wave for us. After Potter went, Lallana and crofts were placed in temp charge and the fortuitously we had a couple of games postponed giving RDZ a bit more bedding in time. Now these 2 are learning from him, it’s a positive platform to build from

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
We'll need to move fast - he'll be back at Luton for the 739th time at Christmas when they panic at being adrift at the bottom of the league.
Yes l can just see that scenario happening. The way that Luton play is all high energy, long balls into the box, and scoring, (or trying to), from every set piece opportunity they get. That is hardly a recipe for survival in the Premier League.

The problem is, if they do turn to Nathan, his teams play in exactly the same way. Goodbye Luton, enjoy your season in the sun..

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here