Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liam Rosenior - Next Brighton manager?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
only if we've been relegated, Rosenior hasn't shown anything to suggest he's about to roll into a Premier League club.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Can we not think a little bigger than ex-players? Some on here were advocating for Nathan Jones when we took on RdZ, purely on the basis that he had a past connection to the club… can’t we live a little?

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Our short list is ever evolving. It’s far too early for Rosenior currently and even next year.

The likelihood is that our current list consists of:

Arne Slot
Imanol Alguacil
Ruben Amorim
Xabi Alonso
Eder Sarabia

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Can we not think a little bigger than ex-players? Some on here were advocating for Nathan Jones when we took on RdZ, purely on the basis that he had a past connection to the club… can’t we live a little?

I just read a post hoping Ben Roberts would return to the club again one day? WTF is wrong with people :shrug:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
hes right there everyday, sees all the tactics, the set up etc, understands as well as the players how we play tactically..... he'd be worthy of serious consideration.
Don’t you want someone capable of originating such ideas rather than just hoping Croft’s will have sufficiently internalised all of somebody else’s?

As the likes of Gerrard and Lampard have recently demonstrated there is a LOT more to being a good manager than having simply worked under or observed one.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Guys, let's firstly give RDZ another two seasons here, second, we WILL not be appointing internally. We will not be appointing a manager just because they played 16 games for us in 2006. We will not be appointed someone just because they say the odd thing about us in the press.
We have ambitions to be a consistent top ten club which has almost certainly been revised to a team consistently battling for a European place due to RDZs mentality.
When RDZ does leave the next manager will be outstanding. It is important. Whatever people might think here- you need experience, you need mentality. Bloom is too good and cares too much to take a risk on someone just because of sentimentality.

Last edited:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Don’t you want someone capable of originating such ideas rather than just hoping Croft’s will have sufficiently internalised all of somebody else’s?

As the likes of Gerrard and Lampard have recently demonstrated there is a LOT more to being a good manager than having simply worked under or observed one.
Thats not the reason entitrely and ofc Gerard and Lampard do show that working under good manager doest equal being one youself, but Crofty is very outgoing/passionate, he's also passionate about our club, he has worked alongside De Zerbi and knows our players plus the way we play and all that combined with his own ideas, may be worthy of at least consideration... albeit it likely wont be his first mangerial job.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
One candidate who has emerged recently and has spoken in glowing terms about RDZ is Liam Rosenior at Hull. Now we all know that Hull have hardly set the Championship alight this season but next season they are a team to watch under him.

I think a De Zerbi disciple with links to the club and someone without a big profile is a very Brighton kind of appointment in the future. He seems to be very intelligent in the way that he talks about what RDZ has done

I've followed De Zerbi more than Liam, I've watched more of his games live, and I've spoken about him in glowing terms more than Liam. I have links with the club that go back to when Liam was born, and my profile is even smaller than Liam's, so that's another couple of ticks. I'm very inteligent.

If De Zerbi leaves us, I'm going to sit by the phone all day.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
He was talking about operating a similar system to ours at Hull. Need to ask the question at the end of next season at least. He certainly passes the role model test.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I know I’ll probably get criticised for the timing of this but it doesn’t really matter. The reality is that whilst De Zerbi has committed his future at the club and we all want him to stay as long as possible, there is no guarantee that next season we qualify for Europe again and in that scenario it would seem likely that RDZ moves on. I’m sure the club have already got a shortlist for their next manager based on a variety of scenarios. The most likely is that we get to the knockout rounds and maintain our top 10 status. This all depends on recruitment and injuries of course.

One candidate who has emerged recently and has spoken in glowing terms about RDZ is Liam Rosenior at Hull. Now we all know that Hull have hardly set the Championship alight this season but next season they are a team to watch under him.

I think a De Zerbi disciple with links to the club and someone without a big profile is a very Brighton kind of appointment in the future. He seems to be very intelligent in the way that he talks about what RDZ has done I have no doubt that with these comments he has put himself in that shop window with this future in mind!
No.
I know I’ll probably get criticised for the timing of this but it doesn’t really matter. The reality is that whilst De Zerbi has committed his future at the club and we all want him to stay as long as possible, there is no guarantee that next season we qualify for Europe again and in that scenario it would seem likely that RDZ moves on. I’m sure the club have already got a shortlist for their next manager based on a variety of scenarios. The most likely is that we get to the knockout rounds and maintain our top 10 status. This all depends on recruitment and injuries of course.

I think a De Zerbi disciple with links to the club and someone without a big profile is a very Brighton kind of appointment in the future. He seems to be very intelligent in the way that he talks about what RDZ has done I have no doubt that with these comments he has put himself in that shop window with this future in mind!
no.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

No.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Next manager is a Colombian who has kept his team in mid-table in the second non-league tier over there.

The all seeing algorithm has identified his achievement in the pro-ratio number crunch, and his unique playing brand.

2025 Champions League. I tell thee.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here