Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liam Rosenior - Next Brighton manager?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What a bizarre suggestion, what exactly has he done that makes him any more likely to get the job than me? :wink:

I don’t want the job btw, I’m more precious than HWT, all you booers would get me down :lolol:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I know I’ll probably get criticised for the timing of this but it doesn’t really matter. The reality is that whilst De Zerbi has committed his future at the club and we all want him to stay as long as possible, there is no guarantee that next season we qualify for Europe again and in that scenario it would seem likely that RDZ moves on. I’m sure the club have already got a shortlist for their next manager based on a variety of scenarios. The most likely is that we get to the knockout rounds and maintain our top 10 status. This all depends on recruitment and injuries of course.

One candidate who has emerged recently and has spoken in glowing terms about RDZ is Liam Rosenior at Hull. Now we all know that Hull have hardly set the Championship alight this season but next season they are a team to watch under him.

I think a De Zerbi disciple with links to the club and someone without a big profile is a very Brighton kind of appointment in the future. He seems to be very intelligent in the way that he talks about what RDZ has done I have no doubt that with these comments he has put himself in that shop window with this future in mind!
It’s not even close season yet, God help us.

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020
Roy Kent should be our next manager. Richmond have won 16 games on the trot and just beaten Man City 2-0. Although Ted is the 'manager' we all know its Roy who is the brains behind the tactics since the Wunderkid left!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Find these sorts of threads hard to comment on without having seen LR’s work up close. As with most managers, we give opinions based on match days etc.

I don’t like the ‘RDZ will surely leave if we don’t get Europe next season’ line. Really don’t. We constantly assume we’ll lose everyone on here & it’s grating!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Job swap with Pep
:moo:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Sami Hypia should be granted the opportunity to right his wrongs

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Try and imagine the kind of manager who would apply for the job when it next comes up. The calibre would be of the very elite. It is one of the best jobs in world football presentely.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I think that Liam himself would tell you that he's learning his trade and that this kind of talk was far too early. However, I'd guess that he'll be one of quite a few young managers who the club will be tracking the progress of. His philosophy and his integrity are a good fit, but he needs time to develop and make his system work consistently.

He started the season as interrim manager at Derby and was trying to instill the patient possession game there, but they didn't have time for patience, so replaced him with Paul Warne and his promise of guaranteed promotion to the Championship. Funny to then see Liam join Hull in that division and steer them clear of relegation threat using his passing style. Warne's more direct approach failed to get Derby the play off shot that they felt they had to replace Rosenior to acheive.

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
If RDZ leaves next season and we go for a non high profile manager with limited experience it’d probably be someone like Crofts who has worked under RDZ.

Not that I’m saying it’d be a good appointment as it would be a big gamble, but then RDZ was somewhat of a gamble anyway as he’d never managed in England before.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I know I’ll probably get criticised for the timing of this but it doesn’t really matter. The reality is that whilst De Zerbi has committed his future at the club and we all want him to stay as long as possible, there is no guarantee that next season we qualify for Europe again and in that scenario it would seem likely that RDZ moves on. I’m sure the club have already got a shortlist for their next manager based on a variety of scenarios. The most likely is that we get to the knockout rounds and maintain our top 10 status. This all depends on recruitment and injuries of course.

One candidate who has emerged recently and has spoken in glowing terms about RDZ is Liam Rosenior at Hull. Now we all know that Hull have hardly set the Championship alight this season but next season they are a team to watch under him.

I think a De Zerbi disciple with links to the club and someone without a big profile is a very Brighton kind of appointment in the future. He seems to be very intelligent in the way that he talks about what RDZ has done I have no doubt that with these comments he has put himself in that shop window with this future in mind!
Have you taken a E or something?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’m sure Bloom has a list of unknown managers from successful teams from countries we’ve never heard of to turn to when RDZ departs.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Like him but no thank you. I don't think he'll ever have the gravitas we need.
I do think that, given the club's ongoing progress, TB will not settle for second best !

He has almost certainly been planning for RdZ replacement since before he ever appointed him. There is nothing, at this time, to suggest that RdZ will be leaving anytime soon (hopefully not) but (for sure) since some time ago the scenario will have been on the agenda at most if not every board meeting since.

Most of us would have suffered initial disappointment at GP's departure but RdZ has really taken the club to a new level and I would find it hard to believe that TB would settle for a potential replacement who would not be capable of taking the club forward further still.

Absolutely ' Well done to the club and everyone involved' for taking us as far as they have '.

UTA.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here