Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Bridcutt leaving?!

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
At some point we will have to become a club that does not sell it's best players, otherwise we will be in a perpetual struggle to ever progress beyond the Championship, which is TB's stated aim. What price Noone?

Disagree. Of course we want to keep our best players, but there are hardly any clubs that can keep all their best players if someone bigger comes along and wants them. Even Arsenal can't keep their best players.

I think one of the reasons we get talented young players from Premier league clubs to come here, like Bridcutt, is that they know the club will be fair to them and let them go if a Premier league team comes along. Doesn't mean I want Bridcutt to leave, of course.

It was Yesterday but i can remember many a good cross on Glenn Murray's head.

His final ball has been poor for a few games. I am also not sure about the choices he makes when other players are looking to receive a pass. Sometimes overdoes his jinking runs at the expense of the team. On the plus side he is a crowd pleaser who raises expectations when he has the ball.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
member of two months with 40 points touting inside info? using an obvious moniker relating to our football club rather than something more personal/unique? smells like troll bullshit to me. f*** off troll.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Let's be realistic here, if Premiership clubs come and make the right offer then they are off, that's just a sad fact of football life supporting a side outside the Premiership.

Thought Liam was fantastic yesterday and it was good seeing him push on a bit more than normal. The has had a few shockers this season and does need to improve his passing.

I don't think he is quite a Premiership player yet, maybe in time.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Maybe we can get Reyes in as a replacement,at least for the season.Gus will not stand in his way,so long as the £ is right.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
member of two months with 40 points touting inside info? using an obvious moniker relating to our football club rather than something more personal/unique? smells like troll bullshit to me. f*** off troll.

Especially when Sitch, who does work at the club, and has provided bona fide info before, says he hasn't heard anything.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Thought Liam was fantastic yesterday and it was good seeing him push on a bit more than normal.

Agreed. And the main reason for that was having Navarro next to him. Nav just sniffs out the space in midfield and moves into it, making angles and nice simple passes easy to make for the likes of Bridcutt and our defenders bringing it out. Its what we were so sorely lacking on Tuesday.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Agreed. And the main reason for that was having Navarro next to him. Nav just sniffs out the space in midfield and moves into it, making angles and nice simple passes easy to make for the likes of Bridcutt and our defenders bringing it out. Its what we were so sorely lacking on Tuesday.

You're exactly right.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore

Good spot. I admit I thought Navarro wasn't up to the job at this level but I'm rethinking that after Sunday.

As to the OP; bollocks I reckon.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I spoke to Pep Guardiola yesterday. He is willing to pay £3.51million. Straight from Jay's mouth

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Good spot. I admit I thought Navarro wasn't up to the job at this level but I'm rethinking that after Sunday.

As to the OP; bollocks I reckon.

He doesn't do anything noticably brilliant does he (in fact he made a right pigs ear of one very promising break when he found himself on the edge of the area and for once DIDN'T do the simple thing and move it on to Noone, who was in acres). So he does have his limitations. I just think he's capable of making us tick by doing the simple stuff in our own half.

I'd have him in ahead of Sparrow every time.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Oh I dunno. You tell me.

i would say you are way over sensitive. All he was aying was make Navarro look like Bridcutt and they might not notice.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
i would say you are way over sensitive. All he was aying was make Navarro look like Bridcutt and they might not notice.

Yes, basically by "blacking up".

Generally thats considered fairly racist in this day and age. I don't consider myself overly sensitive and I'm not interested in getting into a binfest over it though. I'm not reporting it to the mods or anything. In my view though, that was a racist remark. Maybe I've given Public Schoolboy the reaction he was fishing for, in hindsight I probably should've just ignored it.

Ho hum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here