Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewis Dunk to Wolves on season long loan?

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Given that full backs are now in short supply reducing defenders seems high risk unless new faces are certain!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
adam-el-abd-portfolio.jpg

Not tonight lads, sorry no trainers.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
So how many years are you going to give him before he is???........as many as Barnes has had?.. they keep saying he is still developing......

Still relatively young. The more experience he gets the better.

Don't start on Barnes he has more than proven his worth since the moment he came on loan. Gus rated him, Garcia started him, 2 premiership teams are alleged to be interested...... Shall I continue?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Still relatively young. The more experience he gets the better.

Don't start on Barnes he has more than proven his worth since the moment he came on loan. Gus rated him, Garcia started him, 2 premiership teams are alleged to be interested...... Shall I continue?

No please don't, I am filling up here, its not pleasant seeing a grown man weep.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
No please don't, I am filling up here, its not pleasant seeing a grown man weep.

:ascarf: love it. For what it's worth, whilst I agree with your point, regarding development, maybe Dunk just needs a full season of playing.

I suspect his actual 'comfortable' level is league 1.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Without reading every post, will we get a fee (if we can't recall him) and would they pay 100% wages?

Big questions but even if we just get wages paid and he starts plenty of games for experience I'd say go for it

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Tommy Elphick is doing himself proud at Bournemouth. Perhaps we should have kept him. Dunk would do well at Wolves.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Tommy Elphick is doing himself proud at Bournemouth. Perhaps we should have kept him. Dunk would do well at Wolves.

Captain Elphick, who was an un-used sub for Bournemouth in their first Championship game ?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
CB is the one position that we seem to be able to develop youngster for. El-Abd, Elphick, Dunk & Cook. Personally I'd like to see him stay and fight for a place as 2 seasons ago he looked unbelievably good

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Simple he is a joke he cant even stay on his two feet yet alone carry out the basics of football. For those old enough to remember IMHO he is of similar standard and ability as Ashley Neal.

Utter rubbish. Ince is quality. By no means the finished article, but shows a lot of promise.

And I do remember Ashley Neal!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Simple he is a joke he cant even stay on his two feet yet alone carry out the basics of football. For those old enough to remember IMHO he is of similar standard and ability as Ashley Neal.

I usually think you are quite sound in your observations, but couldn't disagree more regarding Ince. Whilst I don't think he is a CB, he is potentially a very good holding midfield player. Strong in the tackle, very sound passer and his heading is ok as well. I have seen him several times now, including twice this season (vs Norwich and Southampton Dev Squad) and each time he has stood out for the reasons outlined.

We gave the ball away less with him on the pitch, than we did when Bridcutt was there against Norwich.

He does look ungainly, but so did Patrick Vieira and that is who he reminds me of. Time will tell I guess......

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Supporting football is about opinions that is what stimulates the discussions and IMHO Ince is awful and I can fully understand why Chelsea let him go but nobody has to agree and we shall all just wait and see.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Without reading every post, will we get a fee (if we can't recall him) and would they pay 100% wages?

Big questions but even if we just get wages paid and he starts plenty of games for experience I'd say go for it

Doubt it, they are on the verge of financial armegeddon and have found it very difficult to bring in players during the close season so would expect they'd only be able to afford 30/40% of Dunks wages.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I don't think Wolves are on the brink of 'Financial armegeddon'. They certainly are looking to get high earners off the wage bill, but they need cheaper players to provide some experience to an otherwise young squad - especially after the injuries on Saturday. Dunk would fit in well and his experience of his first season in the Champioship would benefit the vastly-talented, but very young Danny Baath.

With regard to the 'recall' questions, full-season or half-season loans cannot be recalled. Short term (up to 93) day loans depend on the terms of the specific loan arrangement.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
Wolves are trying to offload Stephen Ward, the Republic of Ireland left back, maybe a season long loan deal swap?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Supporting football is about opinions that is what stimulates the discussions and IMHO Ince is awful and I can fully understand why Chelsea let him go but nobody has to agree and we shall all just wait and see.

Absolutely, and as I say I think most of your observations are sound regarding players and matches. This is in the main what makes NSC a good forum for discussion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here