Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewis Dunk to Wolves on season long loan?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can someone remind me who we've got as centre backs if he goes? Upson & Greer obviously, but we need 2 more *proper* centre back as cover (Calde doesn't count).

Experienced new signing probably along with El Abd. We were looking to sign that Dutch guy last season so I'm guessing it's seen as a priority that we get someone else in.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
So Calderon is now cover for right back, centre back and currently our left back? Does he bring keepers gloves with him on a match day too?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Experienced new signing probably along with El Abd. We were looking to sign that Dutch guy last season so I'm guessing it's seen as a priority that we get someone else in.

We did. We got Upson. Three centre-backs is enough

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A new left back is dependant on cutting the wage bill?

No, not at all.

An extra 2-3K per week in wages - freed up by this loan - on top of the current wage allocation for the new left back, may just bring in a better player.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
So if he does go (nothing official yet?) that would leave us with Upson, Greer, El-Abd, Maxi and Ince. Seems to be enough cover?

It's other areas that need strengthening IMO, definitely left back and attacking midfielder at least.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Wolves lost 2 defenders to injury on Saturday. Ideally they need to get in one for tomorrow (although they have youngsters who could fill in). I think this one has legs...

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Re: Lewis Dunk to Wolves on season long loan

He does fancy himself as a forward

I remember reading a quote from him before Palace in March. He said his dream result would be for him to score to make it 1-0, then have our keeper sent off in 2nd half injury time so he had to go in goal, and save the penalty. LAD.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here