Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewes District Council drop Falmer case?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I was just about to email Martin Perry confirming or denying this story, when I received this from him...

I know you were thinking of going to the Court Hearing tomorrow so to warn you it is unlikely that the hearing is going to go ahead. Lewes District Council have caved in and agreed the wording of a Consent Order which means that the hearing becomes unnecessary.

The deal is not signed yet but Lewes have put out a press release so they will look very stupid if they don't sign it!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Last edited:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Lord Bracknell said it might happen in May (I think he was guesstimating). Could be earlier than that, of course. But Kelly will have to invite further submissions from all the parties to the Inquiry (so that's the club, LDC, Brighton and Hove Council, and a few other Nimbyists).

wasnt it May if we went to court in December, thereby bringing it forward two months

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
NMH said:
LDC just wanted McGhee out.
Check it out, they have actually been posting on NSC under the name 'Ernest'.
They only started this whole affair to get votes.

;)
:lolol: :lolol:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I would also say this...

THE COLBOURNE KID CALLED IT 100% RIGHT.

I can't find the post, but I recall in an earlier thread from about three months ago, when he said that all this was to do with Lewes and their time-wasting, but there is no way this was ever going to go to court. Lewes would wait until the last minute and then suddenly pull out...

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Fragmented Badger said:
I think we needed a JUDGE to condemn them:(
I really don't think it matters - they've given up their already-hopeless case. Rejoice! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Hang on. So where is Norman (not a sex offender) Baker now with his "smoking gun" of emails? Surely, after getting his grinning, inane face on Meridian, he is going to have be interviewed again to explain why his watertight case, er, leaked?

And won't Meridian have to send out our favourite poodle to report again on the story that wasn't?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
The Large One said:

The deal is not signed yet but Lewes have put out a press release so they will look very stupid if they don't sign it!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

When did looking stupid stop them doing something.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Someone explain what this means damn it!! :angry: :angry:

Tomorrows case isn't going to happen? Does this mean Ruth Kelly will re give planning permission without the one error which they have conceded on and we can get on with things???

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
HampshireSeagulls said:
Hang on. So where is Norman (not a sex offender) Baker now with his "smoking gun" of emails? Surely, after getting his grinning, inane face on Meridian, he is going to have be interviewed again to explain why his watertight case, er, leaked?

And won't Meridian have to send out our favourite poodle to report again on the story that wasn't?
A very, very good point - if the dyslexic reporter doesn't get sent to Lewes to interview Belloti's wankrag, then Meridian are a duplicitous bunch of shitlickers.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
So (assuming the new decision is YES), what are the chances of LDC taking it to a Judicial review?

And how long before Ruth wotsits makes the decision?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I hope, probably in vain, that this about face this gets maximum coverage from the local tv and radio stations tonight with some interviews with the cocks of Lewes for their explanation.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
:clap2: Good news at last. This calls for some Harveys. :drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here