Lewes District Council drop Falmer case?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
YOU f***ing TIME WASTING COCKJUGGLING THUNDERCUNTS. IF YOU HAD SAID THIS WHEN MARTIN PERRY OFFERED IT, WE WOULD PROBABLY HAVE RECEIVED THE RUTH KELLY JUDGEMENT BY NOW. SUE THEIR ARSES OFF DICK FOR WASTING OUR TIME

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Wardywonderland said:
We will not know have to go to court tomorrow or in December. Instead the case will go back to Ruth Kelly for a new decision. This of course can and will more then likely be a yes again, only with different wording.

And if she says 'yes', is that it? Can it still be reviewed?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Dave the Gaffer said:
YOU f***ing TIME WASTING COCKJUGGLING THUNDERCUNTS. IF YOU HAD SAID THIS WHEN MARTIM PERRY OFFERED IT, WE WOULD PROBABLY HAVE RECEIVED THE RUTH KELLY JUDGEMENT BY NOW. SUE THEIR ARSES OFF DICK FOR WASTING OUR TIME
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Commander said:
Someone please explain as if you are talking to a complete and utter idiot please.

(1) After Prezza made the decision, Lewes said: "We're going to challenge that in court because it's wrong on sixteen counts"

(2) Prezza's department said: "Ah yes, it is slightly wrong, but only on one count. So forget taking us to court, we'll make the decision again, but get it right this time"

(3) Lewes said: "No, we want you to go to court and admit that all sixteen points were wrong"

But now Lewes have accepted Prezza's original offer, (2) (which because of the reshuffle is now Ruth Kelly's responsibility).

So Ruth Kelly will now make the decision again.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wardywonderland said:
We will not know have to go to court tomorrow or in December. Instead the case will go back to Ruth Kelly for a new decision. This of course can and will more then likely be a yes again, only with different wording.

When are we likely to hear that decision then?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
(1) After Prezza made the decision, Lewes said: "We're going to challenge that in court because it's wrong on sixteen counts"

(2) Prezza's department said: "Ah yes, it is slightly wrong, but only on one count. So forget taking us to court, we'll make the decision again, but get it right this time"

(3) Lewes said: "No, we want you to go to court and admit that all sixteen points were wrong"

But now Lewes have accepted Prezza's original offer, (2) (which because of the reshuffle is now Ruth Kelly's responsibility).

So Ruth Kelly will now make the decision again.

Which bascially means the wording on the original decision will be changed so that it is water tight. Hopefully.

if they had gone ahead they would have lost and left themselves likely to have to pay costs. This way they have delayed it for as long as they could and avoided getting stuck for costs.

As we may well have got a decision tomorrow this may only have advanced the timetable by one day.

In the great scheme of things I wouldn't have thought that it would change a lot, Ruth Kelly is unlikely to decide in our favour to punish LDC.

Having said all that, at least it's positive news, another (small) step in the right direction. :clap:

Now, where´s that stuff we are supposed to be keeping? ???

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Uncle Spielberg said:
" Someone please explain as if you are talking to a complete and utter idiot please. "

LEWES DISTRICT COUNCIL AND NORMAN BAKER ARE A BUNCH OF C*NTS.

Is that clear enough

???

Yes, that just about covers it. Thank you.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Fragmented Badger said:
Not really THAT great from what I can see. We were obviously going to win the case tomorrow - ie it would have been sent back to our Ruth anyway. If there was ANY doubt we may not win, they would most definitely not have withdrawn. So, instead of a court defeat, LDC have simply saved a BIT of face, and speeded up the process by all of, er, a day. Ok, it will save costs which is useful, but in terms of publicity, I wanted LDC to be raped in a court tomorrow.
But their withdrawal is essentially the same - them admitting they were going to be raped in court, and it shows them up for the time wasting fuckshits that they are.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Wardywonderland said:

Unfortunately, though, LDC can then challenge the new decision when it arrives if they don't like it. I imagine they would have done this anyway, even without todays news so this victory means that things have just moved forward on Falmer by a couple of months ( or 1 day if the judge had found in our favour tomorrow )

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Silent Bob said:
But their withdrawal is essentially the same - them admitting they were going to be raped in court, and it shows them up for the time wasting fuckshits that they are.
Quite so.

So does that mean LDC are possibly totally out of the picture now for us? Barring this "judicial review" cockpiss?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
You know what, we are just three weeks short of a year since we were given a yes and only now can we see a way forward, I just pray they havent got the office junior typing the new letter.

Even though its good news I am so f***ing ANGRY at the moment

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but this isn't really a victory for either side.

Just a strategic shift, possibly to save Lewes money.

Lewes can still apply to take the case to the high court.

Hopefully this time, they won't be given the chance to because the decision will be deemed as water-tight.

Effectively they had a foot in the door to do that with the slight mistake in the wording of the document.

Doesn't mean they wont try it again though.

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Surely they haven't come to their senses already. :ohmy:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Icy Gull said:
When are we likely to hear that decision then?

Lord Bracknell said it might happen in May (I think he was guesstimating). Could be earlier than that, of course. But Kelly will have to invite further submissions from all the parties to the Inquiry (so that's the club, LDC, Brighton and Hove Council, and a few other Nimbyists).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports