Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewes Dc Goes To High Court!!!!!! Important

clapham_gull said:
The High Court does have a summer break

Yes, but the case would never have made a summer timetable anyway.

First things first - Ruth Kelly has to reissue the government's yes to us.

Then you'd assume Lewes will go through their pantomime cycle of meetings again of taking ages to respond to that, then they will put their appeal in the last possible moment, etc.

I'd be quite happy with an autumn high court date!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
£15,000 fo a Parish Council is a hell of a lot of money to commit to something that may have no positive outcome for them.

What will they do if, say, another £7,000 or £8,000 in costs rack up? These QCs don't come cheap.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Pavilionaire said:
£15,000 fo a Parish Council is a hell of a lot of money to commit to something that may have no positive outcome for them.

What will they do if, say, another £7,000 or £8,000 in costs rack up? These QCs don't come cheap.
Acoording to their figures, Lewes' seem to. And they believe the government's will be even cheaper.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
abusing the powers of local government for their own selfish needs?

abolish them!

woodster

Jul 18, 2003
I happen to know someone who moved to Falmer a few years ago. To ensure they were properly intergrated in to the community they have since donated a reasonable amount of money to the 'war fund'!

I am sure the figure mentioned was in the region of a few thousand pounds. on that basis it would appear there is money kicking about.

makes me sick really. dont have much to do with him but speak occasionally.

he feels the club have been sold down the river by the council from the start. but strangely feels that despite the battle, the Albion WILL get the go ahead.

bit of a waste of money then.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
The Large One said:
So they don't have the money? Interesting.

From the previous posts I take this to mean £18k they are carrying forward from the previous year (reserves, surplus?) plus about £15k they've raised in appeal.

£18k + £15k > £30k. So that is their whack as pledged; isn't it?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The Large One said:
Who, FPC? Don't know. But LDC have a back-up slush fund they can dip in to for 'rainy days'.

An ironic phrase seeing as the flood defences still need to be dealt with.

Maybe we should all pray for a rainy summer and the flooding of Lewes!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
They won't have much money swilling around for anything else should they lose. Perhaps they should be advised to use that money on defences when all the destructive football fans take to their village.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
London Irish said:
Yes, but the case would never have made a summer timetable anyway.

First things first - Ruth Kelly has to reissue the government's yes to us.

So what happens next :

A High court date?

or A new decision letter?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
LDC are going all the way, let's hope we are around to go with them

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Do you know what really gets me in all of this.

All the way on the line ( and this is not a critism of Ed etc) BUT we have been told, firstly the first inspector is fully in support of us and we have a good case - WRONG, secondly the second inspector was fully in our favour - WRONG, thirdly, the third inspector was fully in our favour - RIGHT, fourthly JP would is in favour - RIGHT, but f***ed up the wording so proving he didnty understand the situation. Fifthy FALMER would never have the money to challenge us _ WRONG, sixthly LDC wouldnt commit public money when they found out how much it would cost - WRONG Seventhly, LDC would accept the governments view that 1 item was wrong and 15 were right - WRONG.

We are also being told that LDC are fools as are Falmer and we know all the answers and we are right every time. Does anyone now seriously believe that? LDC obviously have very clever barristers which no amount of rubbishing by us has shifted their position. Now we are taking the desparate measure of setting up a party to fight the Liberals over 1 issue - Yes 1 issue.

I think this has turned into the biggest Farce ever

Maybe we are just going to have to face facts, there is NO site available in teh Brighton and Hove connurbation that we can build a stadium and Archer and Bellotti and Stanley have finally achieved what they set out to do, that is fatally maim this club.

I have not heard anything in the last 4 years to suggest we will not be at Withdean indefinitly

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Dies Irae said:
I have not heard anything in the last 4 years to suggest we will not be at Withdean indefinitly

Sadly the club cannot afford to stay at Withdean 'indefinitely' unless someone come in to bankroll league football in a shoebox.

We are currently losing £20000 a WEEK.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
BHA links said:
So what happens next :

A High court date?

or A new decision letter?

BarrelofFun said:
From my understanding the letter will be issued first, otherwise there would be nothing to contest.

Seasider said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/southern_counties/5053802.stm

my understanding from this is that the next stop is the high court to contest the points the governement did not concede, then if the high court finds in favour of LDC back to ruth kelly it goes, otherwise we get our stadium.

Lord B?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Dies Irae said:
Do you know what really gets me in all of this.

All the way on the line ( and this is not a critism of Ed etc) BUT we have been told, firstly the first inspector is fully in support of us and we have a good case - WRONG, secondly the second inspector was fully in our favour - WRONG, thirdly, the third inspector was fully in our favour - RIGHT, fourthly JP would is in favour - RIGHT, but f***ed up the wording so proving he didnty understand the situation. Fifthy FALMER would never have the money to challenge us _ WRONG, sixthly LDC wouldnt commit public money when they found out how much it would cost - WRONG Seventhly, LDC would accept the governments view that 1 item was wrong and 15 were right - WRONG.

We are also being told that LDC are fools as are Falmer and we know all the answers and we are right every time. Does anyone now seriously believe that? LDC obviously have very clever barristers which no amount of rubbishing by us has shifted their position. Now we are taking the desparate measure of setting up a party to fight the Liberals over 1 issue - Yes 1 issue.

I think this has turned into the biggest Farce ever

Maybe we are just going to have to face facts, there is NO site available in teh Brighton and Hove connurbation that we can build a stadium and Archer and Bellotti and Stanley have finally achieved what they set out to do, that is fatally maim this club.

Those assumptions, Dave, were probably made on the back of the belief that we were dealing with reasonable people behaving reasonably. Clearly we are not.

At what point has anyone conceded that Lewes are right in their 15 other points of challenge? They believe they can bankrupt the Albion through this process, and your crowing is exactly the reaction they are trying to achieve out of Albion fans. You, like adrian29uk, appear to have fallen hook, line and sinker for Lewes' bullshit. There was a reason why the government (do you hear that 'THE GOVERNMENT') said 'YES'.

Now sit up straight, face the front, chest out balls to the rear, and let's have no more of this defeatist bollocks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here