Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewes Dc Goes To High Court!!!!!! Important

Dec 27, 2005
BRIGHTO KEMP TOWN
At the Falmer Parish Council AGM held tonight, they have confirmed that LDC will go ahead with the High Court Action. The decision was made this afternoon at LDC committee meeting. The Solicitor for the DPM had offered to consider their sixteen points of objection, and as we know, to concede on the one point of the stadium sight being in the built up area of Brighton. From the comments of the Falmer Counsellor who was receiving emails from LDC, it appears that they are hoping for a win in the High Courts on some of their points of objection to the letter of approval from the DPM. As to make the building of the stadium impossible or a further public enquiry which means they could start the whole legal process of challenge again!
The High Court is now closed for the summer so the earliest possible date is in the autumn.
FPC had agreed a maximum input of funds for the high court of £30,000, plus £5,000 from the South Downs Committee. The rest is to be paid for, whatever the total cost, by LDC tax payers.
Note: FPC had to put in £30,000 so that LDC committee did not have to go to full council approval.

GENTLEMEN (AND LADIES), WE ARE AT WAR!!!

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
seagull inde away stand said:
At the Falmer Parish Council AGM held tonight, they have confirmed that LDC will go ahead with the High Court Action. The decision was made this afternoon at LDC committee meeting. The Solicitor for the DPM had offered to consider their sixteen points of objection, and as we know, to concede on the one point of the stadium sight being in the built up area of Brighton. From the comments of the Falmer Counsellor who was receiving emails from LDC, it appears that they are hoping for a win in the High Courts on some of their points of objection to the letter of approval from the DPM. As to make the building of the stadium impossible or a further public enquiry which means they could start the whole legal process of challenge again!
The High Court is now closed for the summer so the earliest possible date is in the autumn.
FPC had agreed a maximum input of funds for the high court of £30,000, plus £5,000 from the South Downs Committee. The rest is to be paid for, whatever the total cost, by LDC tax payers.
Note: FPC had to put in £30,000 so that LDC committee did not have to go to full council approval.

I Feel sick.............................is this true?

Last edited:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Poster_7099.jpg

Ok. Two questions ...

"FPC had to put in £30,000 so that LDC committee did not have to go to full council approval"

Was this actually said in public by a representative of Falmer Parish Council?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

GENTLEMEN (AND LADIES), WE ARE AT WAR!!!
What a bunch of pathetic fantasists. As people who ought to be up to speed on developments, they should at least know there won't be another public inquiry. There won't be any new information to be gleaned from it.

I didn't know the High Court 'closes for the summer'. Is that true? I'd VERY much doubt it. Whenever session is held, they've got to know that they cannot beat the government, nor overturn government policy.

So has FPC stumped up its corner? Last we heard they hadn't.

What a rubbish group of people.

Last edited:

YES SAID BY TOBY ROLLESTONE BUT DONT THINK ANY MINUTES RECORDED AT MEETING IS THAT INPORTAINT
It's important because it's further evidence of the lack of integrity of Lewes District Council. They seem to be prepared to manipulate their own Council's constitution and standing orders, to prevent public debate of a contentious policy issue, in exchange for an offer of money.

I'm trying not to use the word "corruption", but am having difficulty thinking of a more appropriate word to describe what's going on.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I don't really understand the Falmer situation any more - certainly not as well as i used to, but this sounds like crap news.

The 'Seagulls Party' is there, but i can't help but think a few more methods of protest would be handy, even if it is 8 years since they started - keeping it in the public eye is always good thing.

Eitherway, sounds like it'll be another decade before we get a new ground:nono:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Lord Bracknell said:
It's important because it's further evidence of the lack of integrity of Lewes District Council. They seem to be prepared to manipulate their own Council's constitution and standing orders, to prevent public debate of a contentious policy issue, in exchange for an offer of money.

I'm trying not to use the word "corruption", but am having difficulty thinking of a more appropriate word to describe what's going on.
My question is - if the people of Falmer feel that strongly, why have they not stumped up their corner?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Right, now you've stumped me.

£18,790 brought forward from... when and from what? Total fund so far - £15,060. So money has been carried forward, and they've lost £3,730. So who, how, when, what...?

Nope, I'm lost.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here