Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Levi Colwill

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
There is no chance a part-exchange deal is on the table here.

The academy graduates need to be sold because they are accounted for as pure profit when sold, rather than the transfer fee minus the yet to be amortised amount.

This helps hugely with FFP because Chelsea's costs on all these players this year are spread out across the (very long) lengths of the contracts that they've awarded rather than in one go. The opposite is true for their incomings and they will report it as a lump-sum fee. If Chelsea can sell £100m worth of academy graduates and keep four of them for UCL registration purposes (Mount, James, Chalobah and Loftus-Cheek) then they'll stay within FFP and be fine.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Missed him today, incredibly vulnerable at the back to a team heading to the Championship.

Dunk and Colwill is a great duo.
We really do miss him. And we really missed Mac Allister, Caicedo, Lallana and Ferguson today aswell. That’s half of our first choice 11 out, any team would struggle in that scenario. Full credit to RDZ and the lads for grinding that win out 👍

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We really do miss him. And we really missed Mac Allister, Caicedo, Lallana and Ferguson today aswell. That’s half of our first choice 11 out, any team would struggle in that scenario. Full credit to RDZ and the lads for grinding that win out 👍
My favourite starting 11 is this, although I’m happy to see Veltman.

870593CA-7642-4DA3-85D9-780A93ECCFAF.png

I wonder if constantly changing RDZ would’ve played that if all available? I’d really hope so, each EPL game means everything.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
He was out on the pitch celebrating with the boys at full time.

I think he’ll be playing for us next season, hopefully on a permanent deal but another season on loan at least

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Thiago Silva signs a contract extension at Chelsea. Another reason why Levi is better off with us.

Even if Chelsea wont sell him in the summer, i'd be quite happy with another season long loan. We're not usually in the habit of developing other teams players, but if we could get 2 years out of him at minimal spend then i dont see that as any bad thing. & it only helps the idea that we're a desirable club for young players to come too.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
My favourite starting 11 is this, although I’m happy to see Veltman.

View attachment 156674

I wonder if constantly changing RDZ would’ve played that if all available? I’d really hope so, each EPL game means everything.

Hmmm l think our starting eleven and positioning may fluctuate somewhat dependant on the oppostion that we are facing, but largely yes l agree that is probably our best line up.

Perhaps l would like to see McAllister and Lallana switch positions, the former is very much better than the latter in an attacking role, Lallana is hardly known for his goal scoring.

If the oppostion have pace along thir left flank then l would rather see Tariq Lamptey coming in as a right wing back, and maybe space being found in midfield for Pascal Gross.

Maybe Danny Welbeck playing up top in place of young Evan Ferguson in some games too. As promising as Evan is, we need to be wary of playing him in every match, at 18 he is still developing and is far from the finished article yet.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Even if we have to sign him with Chelsea having a buy back clause, I think he’s the rare case of a player I’d agree to one for if it meant we actually got him. Obviously depending on the details.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Absolutely amazing news. Him back will take us to another level. He was one of the first to totally get De Zerbi ball. Having him on the left and Dunk on the right is going to be nuts. De Zerbi 2.0.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here