Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Levi Colwill

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
There is now no chance at all that Colwill is available, we need to stop wasting our time immediately and move on to the next target.

Don't be so sure, if Levi was looking for confirmation that he'll be a first choice under Pochettino, then Poch's latest quotes don't sound like he gave him that confirmation.

Pochettino said: “With Levi, we were also talking. It was a nice talk.

“Of course, it was private like with other players but it is important that they need to know us, know what we think, to see that the competition will be tough but to challenge for that and know they can be in the starting XI. Because football is about competing."

Naylor and Owen are both saying we still want him, would they do that without a source? So the club must believe we still have a chance.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
There is now no chance at all that Colwill is available, we need to stop wasting our time immediately and move on to the next target.
I’ve read this exact same post for 6 months on here time and time again. There is of course a chance! And there always has been. Plus, we aren’t a Sunday league team, we are constantly working on all sorts of targets even when the window is closed. It’s not a case of wasting any time on anyone ever.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I’ve read this exact same post for 6 months on here time and time again. There is of course a chance! And there always has been. Plus, we aren’t a Sunday league team, we are constantly working on all sorts of targets even when the window is closed. It’s not a case of wasting any time on anyone ever.
I think you'll find with our European commitments that a Sunday league team is exactly what we are .😉

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
At the end of the day, we're either willing to pay what Chelsea are asking, or we're not.
Quite the same as our position on Caicedo.
We seem to be willing to pay what Colwill's worth right now, given his potential and the risk of him not achieving that.
Chelsea, being f***ing loaded, can afford to take that risk if they really want to, and if he does/doesn't make it in the next few years it won't make much difference to them.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
At the end of the day, we're either willing to pay what Chelsea are asking, or we're not.
Quite the same as our position on Caicedo.
We seem to be willing to pay what Colwill's worth right now, given his potential and the risk of him not achieving that.
Chelsea, being f***ing loaded, can afford to take that risk if they really want to, and if he does/doesn't make it in the next few years it won't make much difference to them.
Think it’s more complicated than that with Colwill as I do genuinely think Chelsea’s stance is ‘not for sale’. So I doubt they are even giving us a figure to work with that they would accept.

Our hopes lie on Levi requesting a move, and then trying to pitch a price they would reluctantly accept for an unhappy player. But as Levi is yet to do that I don’t think we will even have a clue what figure they would consider impossible not to accept

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Think it’s more complicated than that with Colwill as I do genuinely think Chelsea’s stance is ‘not for sale’. So I doubt they are even giving us a figure to work with that they would accept.

Our hopes lie on Levi requesting a move, and then trying to pitch a price they would reluctantly accept for an unhappy player. But as Levi is yet to do that I don’t think we will even have a clue what figure they would consider impossible not to accept
If we offered, I don't know, £80million? they'd sell. Same as we would have sold Ben White if somebody had offered that sort of money.
"Not for sale" doesn't really mean anything at this point of a window. If there were 2weeks left, sure, but at this point if anybody really wanted to wave enough money under somebody's nose they could buy anyone.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
If nothing else, the Levi saga is surely helping us get the highest figure for Caicedo. Chelsea can’t on the one hand be essentially saying one of their players is not for sale and then be failing to understand that we don’t really want to sell one of ours to them either.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If nothing else, the Levi saga is surely helping us get the highest figure for Caicedo. Chelsea can’t on the one hand be essentially saying one of their players is not for sale and then be failing to understand that we don’t really want to sell one of ours to them either.
Essentially, I think we do want to sell him though, and Chelsea know that.

There's none of the not-so-subtle "He's absolutely not for sale" missives leaking out from club-friendly sources we had in January, it's simply news of a rejection of an offer, which has an implicit "come back with more money and we'll strike a deal" message attached to it.

Albion fans think we hold all the cards, but I suspect Chelsea think they've got the upper hand. We've signalled he's up for grabs, no other clubs are chasing him and he's let them know he wants to go there. All of which, makes it quite a fascinating watch.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If we offered, I don't know, £80million? they'd sell. Same as we would have sold Ben White if somebody had offered that sort of money.
"Not for sale" doesn't really mean anything at this point of a window. If there were 2weeks left, sure, but at this point if anybody really wanted to wave enough money under somebody's nose they could buy anyone.

I disagree on this.

After an astonishing number of blunders, the huge new structure of ’greatest football brains’ at Chelsea (Swansman lauded them until Potter was sacked), think they’re step by step building an incredible squad.

Containing Colwill, Caicedo, Fernandez, James, etc.

They cockily consider that both Colwill and Caicedo will be their players next season, Brighton a mere inconvenience along the way. It will galling to see the club of racists, Abram’s dodgy money and Boehly win-win.

Some clubs think they’re above everyone else, only selling when it suits …. Real Madrid and PSG. Boehly/Winstanley appear to be seeking that aura.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I disagree on this.

After an astonishing number of blunders, the huge new structure of ’greatest football brains’ at Chelsea (Swansman lauded them until Potter was sacked), think they’re step by step building an incredible squad.

Containing Colwill, Caicedo, Fernandez, James, etc.

They cockily consider that both Colwill and Caicedo will be their players next season, Brighton a mere inconvenience along the way. It will galling to see the club of racists, Abram’s dodgy money and Boehly win-win.

Some clubs think they’re above everyone else, only selling when it suits …. Real Madrid and PSG. Boehly/Winstanley appear to be seeking that aura.
I don't claim to be a mind reader.
Chelsea have the money to risk it if Colwill's worth £1m, £40m or £80m in a years time.
We've offered a fair price now, if Chelsea reckon they don't need to take that it's not our problem whether their judgement's based on sound football sense or pure ego.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
If Fofana wasn't out for most of the season and had they signed another CB then maybe they'd have sold Colwill. No chance now, they'd have to buy 2/3 CBs. Colwill will be a starter for them.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
It's not currently about money with Chelsea when it comes to Colwill. They have made a series of unpopular moves under the Boehly regime whilst also failing to qualify for Europe and have ended last season looking like a basket case.
They know it would be a massive PR gaff if they sell another of their home grown most promising players, particularly after we pulled down their pants over Cucurella and Potter.
Pride will not allow them to sell Colwill to us. If we offered £80 million for Levi they wouldn't allow themselves to sell him to us.

However, it seems The Lizard and PBOBE don't agree with my theory and they reckon there is a possible route to his signature which makes this whole situation a popcorn viewing delight.
Brighton have clearly made a tactical plan with Levi to test Chelsea's resolve and they are all sticking to it with Levi wanting to continue his journey on the RDZ bus.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Chelsea bid for Igor incoming then...
We don’t fish in the same pond, Paul Barber told us! If the below is true, all I can say is thank f*** and how would this make you feel Levi?.

Chelsea are considering making a move for 30-year-old Manchester United and England centre-back Harry Maguire, with the Blues' France defender Wesley Fofana, 22, facing a lengthy spell on the sidelines having had surgery on an anterior cruciate ligament injury.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
It's not currently about money with Chelsea when it comes to Colwill. They have made a series of unpopular moves under the Boehly regime whilst also failing to qualify for Europe and have ended last season looking like a basket case.
They know it would be a massive PR gaff if they sell another of their home grown most promising players, particularly after we pulled down their pants over Cucurella and Potter.
Pride will not allow them to sell Colwill to us. If we offered £80 million for Levi they wouldn't allow themselves to sell him to us.

However, it seems The Lizard and PBOBE don't agree with my theory and they reckon there is a possible route to his signature which makes this whole situation a popcorn viewing delight.
Brighton have clearly made a tactical plan with Levi to test Chelsea's resolve and they are all sticking to it with Levi wanting to continue his journey on the RDZ bus.
And don’t forget Gilmour. So many of their fans were astounded that we got him at such a bargain price. We’re dealing with a club owner that now has a massive chip on his shoulder. Always dangerous.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Essentially, I think we do want to sell him though, and Chelsea know that.
I'm intrigued by why you think we do want to sell Caicedo...?

Is he a trouble maker behind the scenes....or maybe his agents are ...?

You being who you are.....'sometimes' have more info than you let on.

Tell us more......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here