[Albion] Levi Colwill

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Can I go a bit against the grain and say I don’t think Colwill is “all that”. Performed ok when played but they’ll be better players at cheaper prices than him. I think we’ve all gone a bit over board about him.
Better let Roberto & Tony know as well then 😂

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Chelsea reportedly considering reporting Liverpool to the FA after Klopp talks to Levi on the phone.
They are apparently really frustrated that Brighton and Liverpool won’t go away.

Oh the irony!
This has made my day.

But I do have sympathy with the notion that "Not for Sale" means "Not for Sale".

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Can I go a bit against the grain and say I don’t think Colwill is “all that”. Performed ok when played but they’ll be better players at cheaper prices than him. I think we’ve all gone a bit over board about him.
I've been saying this all along. He started 16 PL games for us last season and our results in those 16 were no better or worse than they were when Webster was playing LCB. He's got a lot of potential due to his age, but it's still only potential and, probably because he's the subject of transfer speculation, he's being hyped as if he's already one of the PL's best centre backs and will be an automatic starter for Brighton or Chelsea next season, which I don't think is the case.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
I would agree to an extent. He barely played. And when he did later in the season he was ok, few mistakes , few decent performances.

In all likelihood he won't be top level for at least another 2 seasons

I know! I never liked her anyway. And she's proper uggo when she doesn't have her makeup on. And when she's not wearing those supportive pants she's actually got a big fat arse.

He's welcome to her.

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011
I'm half tempted to agree. But regardless there are a few factors driving his value up. Firstly he's young and homegrown, he has proven he's more than capable at PL level (a feat in itself) but also has a lot of future potential - this is rare and potent mix. Secondly he's already done it for us on loan, signings are always a gamble coming from other tactical systems, other leagues etc etc, Colwill has already done the business for us and can slot right in risk free. Third, De Zerbi really rates him and wants him, in order to keep RDZ, I reckon Bloom knows he has to back him 100% (RDZ has even mentioned this as to why he will stay), So the Colwill deal is getting tied up in that mantra, if Bloom really goes for it and fails, at least he'd have massaged RDZs ego.

I agree he's not as great as everyone is making him out to be and I strongly suspect things will work out badly for him if he stays at Chelsea. But for us/Brighton/RDZ/Bloom he's a risk free signing with a high ceiling, there may be better value out there but that value comes with a high failure rate/risk reward.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
But I do have sympathy with the notion that "Not for Sale" means "Not for Sale".
I honestly don't think there is such a thing. Every player has a price at which the club would want to sell.

If we offered £100m for Colwill, they would sell him.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I know! I never liked her anyway. And she's proper uggo when she doesn't have her makeup on. And when she's not wearing those supportive pants she's actually got a big fat arse.

He's welcome to her.
Except I was saying exactly the same during the season.....

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Depends, they may just go out and sign a replacement. That would be quite telling for Colwill.
They will need to fork out for a replacement for Forfana anyway, if only as back up for Colwill.

Their purse must be getting very stretched by now.......shame.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
I've kept pretty quite this summer.
Don't get me wrong, I like Colwill but the hype on here is completely mental at times. He was good in parts when he played for us, but for the figures being quoted there are far better players out there.
I don't like the idea of paying £xxM for supposed potential that may or may not be reached.
Don't think he'll play much this season at Chelsea if he stays there; future potential, yes, currently good enough, highly doubtful. Even with Fofana out.
The lad needs to be playing to progress, but I suspect that probably won't be here.
Also, **** Chelsea, *****.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Don't get me wrong, I like Colwill but the hype on here is completely mental at times. He was good in parts when he played for us, but for the figures being quoted there are far better players out there.
I don't like the idea of paying £xxM for supposed potential that may or may not be reached.
Don't think he'll play much this season at Chelsea if he stays there; future potential, yes, currently good enough, highly doubtful. Even with Fofana out.
The lad needs to be playing to progress, but I suspect that probably won't be here.
Yep how many on here can name 3 x 10/10 performances from the kid. The only one that stands out for me is arsenal away.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Ive cooled on him a bit but I still like him. I’d definitely take him back on loan or as part of a favourable Caicedo deal but it’s obvious that Chelsea won’t do a Gilmour with him. At least he helped us get into the EL.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports