Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Levi Colwill

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
What does "prone to injuries " actually mean ? Do you mean play regularly in contact sport for a living ?

Welbeck until the last 3 games, had not missed a game for a year. Unless you can point to some reporting otherwise then there's nothing to suggest his latest injury is related to a long term condition. He like Webster is an athlete. You , sadly, are at high risk of getting injured. Why the urge
to suggest its someone's fault ?
I was suggesting that perhaps Webster has an underlying cause that makes him more susceptible to various injuries

I Likened it to Welbecks previous history as an example

When after those most recent surgeries. the club released comment along the the lines of hopefully having fixed a previously undiagnosed issue that was the root cause of his well documented previous problems
Ultimately some players are more robust than others
Everybody's body is different !
There is no blame
BTW I hope I'm wrong about Welbeck
And this is just an unrelated minor blip

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Who would you play Welbeck or Ferguson?
Fortunately I'm not RDZ
If you mean versus Boro
I'd be tempted to play Undav if he's fit and hasn't been unwell
Perhaps giving Welbeck minutes later on( If he's fit to play )depending on how the games going
But that's modern rotational squad football
The days of not changing a winning line up are gone

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
But then sign 21 year old Badiashile from Monaco on a 7-1/2 year contract.

Perhaps indicates they are coming up against FFP limits - surely the only reason to offer a 7.5 year contract is to be able to amortise the fee over a long period (at £35m, it equates to less than £5m pa for FFP purposes). They also seem to be mucking Benfica around with the potential Fernandez deal. Do they actually have the FFP headroom to bid for Caicedo as well??

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Fortunately I'm not RDZ
If you mean versus Boro
I'd be tempted to play Undav if he's fit and hasn't been unwell
Perhaps giving Welbeck minutes later on( If he's fit to play )depending on how the games going
But that's modern rotational squad football
The days of not changing a winning line up are gone

I guess I meant who is our first choice and at the moment and IMO that has to be Ferguson, then Welbeck (however fit) and finally Undav. So in that order Ferguson does not play. I think we need to be signing another striker not to let Ferguson out on loan but to cover the over two.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
I guess I meant who is our first choice and at the moment and IMO that has to be Ferguson, then Welbeck (however fit) and finally Undav. So in that order Ferguson does not play. I think we need to be signing another striker not to let Ferguson out on loan but to cover the over two.
Indeed I agree
it's Ferguson's shirt to lose

Sadly the FA cup has been devalued
So a weakened team will most likely be fielded

As well as Leo has played as the false nine ,having a more physical but still mobile presence up top
I think benefits the team more overall

perhaps a mod can shift this discussion to a thread more relevant

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Perhaps indicates they are coming up against FFP limits - surely the only reason to offer a 7.5 year contract is to be able to amortise the fee over a long period (at £35m, it equates to less than £5m pa for FFP purposes). They also seem to be mucking Benfica around with the potential Fernandez deal. Do they actually have the FFP headroom to bid for Caicedo as well??
They seem to get every new (young)signing/contract renewal on a long contract. I think cucurella signed on a 6 year contract. Fofana was a 7 year one, Reece James signed a new 6 year one. Mount has been offered a seven year one as well.
I have no idea if they are for accounting purposes or just to ensure they have their best players for the key years of their careers.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
He is very good already, he should carry on improving for another 8 years or so too. Keep if possible.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No way Potter sanctions a sale to us unfortunately. He’s only 19, 2 years left and academy product. Enjoy him while we have him

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
This is going to be a case of never fall in love with a loan player isn’t it …

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I thought him and Dunk were superb today. We're just going to have to settle for keeping the latter.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Watching him take the ball from Salah like it was the easiest thing in the world was outstanding.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here