Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Levi Colwill

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
It is a squad game and Colwill would improve the squad. I'm not sure why people are talking about if he would be a starter or not. Under RDZ's rotation policy he would probably start at least a third of our games even without any injuries or suspensions.

Any chance we get to improve the quality of our squad without overspending we should and do take.

It was thinking about just the first 11 that made us wonder why we bought Veltman when we did. Of course back then we were short of options in attack and so a random right back was just disappointing. Seems mad to say that these days!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
They are still being linked in the media with £100m+ signings, but the truth is they can’t make them right now unless they want a points deduction, another season out of Europe makes it even worse.
Please, please Liverpool win the League Cup.

One less Europa spot up for grabs if Chelsea win it.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
It is a squad game and Colwill would improve the squad. I'm not sure why people are talking about if he would be a starter or not. Under RDZ's rotation policy he would probably start at least a third of our games even without any injuries or suspensions.

Any chance we get to improve the quality of our squad without overspending we should and do take.

It was thinking about just the first 11 that made us wonder why we bought Veltman when we did. Of course back then we were short of options in attack and so a random right back was just disappointing. Seems mad to say that these days!
I guess because we would likely be paying our highest ever transfer fee and putting him among our top earners (possibly top).

You're much more likely to do that if it's for a player who is indisputably going to be first choice, less likely if you envisaged he would only start a third of games.

Veltman was bought in as a general cover player yes and this was a spectacular success, but he only cost £900k. Chelsea will be asking for enormous money for Colwill ... until late June, when they may accept big money. Still a lot to us

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I guess because we would likely be paying our highest ever transfer fee and putting him among our top earners (possibly top).

You're much more likely to do that if it's for a player who is indisputably going to be first choice, less likely if you envisaged he would only start a third of games.

Veltman was bought in as a general cover player yes and this was a spectacular success, but he only cost £900k. Chelsea will be asking for enormous money for Colwill ... until late June, when they may accept big money. Still a lot to us
We were about to sign Coufal and then found out Veltman was available.The Coufal deal was so close the club had to apologise to him.
We made the right choice.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011

That is the kind of thinking that makes Poch think he has to play MC in every game. A decent coach should pick the best team for a game, not the ones being paid the most.

It is all moot since I can't see us viewing his fee and salary as value for money at all.

I'd take him on a free mind... :)

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Think the winners of the carabao cup go into the Europa Conference.
They do, but if Liverpool win the league cup, that place will filter down to the next league position that hasn’t qualified. Chelsea win and it’s unlikely they’d qualify through league position so it’s one less European spot available through the league.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
They do, but if Liverpool win the league cup, that place will filter down to the next league position that hasn’t qualified. Chelsea win and it’s unlikely they’d qualify through league position so it’s one less European spot available through the league.
I think it is fairly safe to assume that someone being pedantic about the exact European spot available to the winners of the milk cup (or whatever it is called now) will be aware of the implications with regards to rewards for league positioning.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think it is fairly safe to assume that someone being pedantic about the exact European spot available to the winners of the milk cup (or whatever it is called now) will be aware of the implications with regards to rewards for league positioning.
Actually had to double check I was on the correct thread at this point, the Levi Colwill thread, rather than some freaky Battling Anoraks thread :lol:

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Really think Chelsea might find out that very few clubs will be prepared to help them out.

They're going to be forced sellers in a falling market with all the competition looking to exploit their weak position.

Could be hilarious 😃
You forget that clubs like West Ham exist who cream at the idea of signing literally anyone from the ‘Big 6’, regardless of price, age or ability.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I think the wages are the big issue and the f*** you from Bohley. I'm sure we were considering the 30/35M rising to 40 with add ons when they wanted 50+. We could have signed him on something like 70-80k a week as a complete guess.

If he's now on not only over 100k but different bonuses and importantly an insane length of commitment to that, I can't see us paying the same or higher upfront fee. Suspect this one has passed us by sadly as would love him as a player establishing himself even more with us. He'd have shirley gone to the WC if was playing regularly here and have developed more? He was doing so well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here