Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Levi Colwill

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
You can see on this face he hates playing for that toxic club. Chelsea had to offer him a king’s ransom to stay but is his new found riches compensating for being at such a toxic club?

He got the money but his career is tailing off. It’s looking like Southgate will shun him too which is astonishing for a Big Six English player. I bet he wishes that he was back here.

It’s possible Chelsea need to sell before they buy so why not bid? RDZ desperately wanted him (we bid £40m? right?).
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the last time I looked, Chelsea were not a "top 6 side ?"

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the last time I looked, Chelsea were not a "top 6 side ?"
By Big Six, I mean the established Big Six Teams (sometimes plus Newcastle) that the media concentrate on and the clubs that get invited to join cuntstunts like the super league. It’s an absolute joy when they don’t exclusively fill the Top Six in the EPL.

IMG_4041.jpeg

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
By Big Six, I mean the established Big Six Teams (sometimes plus Newcastle) that the media concentrate on and the clubs that get invited to join cuntstunts like the super league. It’s an absolute joy when they don’t exclusively fill the Top Six in the EPL.

View attachment 172541
In the transfer market maybe only because they have billions to spunk...............but in the EPL table ?

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Given the fact that Chelsea are apparently so deep in the shit FFP wise that they can't really afford to sack Pochettino for the £10m it would cost, I can see Colwill moving on in the summer as it would be "pure profit".

Don't know if it would be to us especially when they're demanding £50m for someone like Broja, but the story may not be done yet.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Out of our range now due to wages. They won’t want to sell but may have to. Can see Liverpool being interested again.
If he's on the rumoured £100k then I think that's the top end of what we'd go to.

Only issue is you'd be making a 21 or 22 year old your highest earner which isn't a great starting point for a wage structure.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Annoying when folk simply don't get the draw and the power of the Big Six compared to other clubs.

It's been built up over many, many years and massively amplified in the Champions League era.

It would take a lot more than one or two bad seasons to knock any of them off their perch, sadly.

I think I'm right in saying that Spurs gained more Facebook followers in a single season in 2022/23 than Brighton have ever had - and it was a poor season for them, finishing outside European places.

(Obviously social media following isn't a reliable metric by itself, but it's a basic measure of global appeal.)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Out of our range now due to wages. They won’t want to sell but may have to. Can see Liverpool being interested again.
He’s a good defender but I’m quite happy with they way things have turned out this season i.e. JPVH FBC has been a revelation and I love Igor.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I wouldn’t want us to help Chelsea out of their FFP hole anyway, much rather see them deducted points than buy Colwill
Really think Chelsea might find out that very few clubs will be prepared to help them out.

They're going to be forced sellers in a falling market with all the competition looking to exploit their weak position.

Could be hilarious 😃

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Really think Chelsea might find out that very few clubs will be prepared to help them out.

They're going to be forced sellers in a falling market with all the competition looking to exploit their weak position.

Could be hilarious 😃
This!

They really should have sold Gallagher in January.
Probably there last chance to get a decent valuation on any of their home grown players.

They can't offload any of their big signings, because the amortisation value won't cover the fees they would now attract.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
This!

Probably there last chance to get a decent valuation on any of their home grown players.

They can't offload any of their big signings, because the amortisation value won't cover the fees they would now attract.
I wonder if Leicester will get done too. They clearly couldn’t afford Sensi but could not get over the optics of selling us their best player - it might cost them 10 points.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Interesting comparison here of how Chelsea are using him compared to how we did. Chelsea stats for this season on the left (20 apps), his Albion stats (17 apps) on the right. Yes he has been shoehorned in at LB for a fair chunk of this so not a direct comparison, but illustrates how Chelsea are seemingly ignoring all the strengths he showed when playing for the Albion. Way more passes, higher pass completion, more forward passes and fewer backward passes under RDZ.

1000008446.jpg

The difference in his defending stats is surprising, I thought I'd put in the wrong parameters at first. Bear in mind these stats are close to being over the same number of games. His 'attempted tackles' numbers do the job of illustrating what a different role he is playing at Chelsea.
1000008447.jpg

I'm sure if I bothered looking up Caicedo's stats they'd tell the same story.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I wonder if Leicester will get done too. They clearly couldn’t afford Sensi but could not get over the optics of selling us their best player - it might cost them 10 points.
Maybe the gamble was that they are hoping several clubs start next season in the PL on -10, or worse. Or they thought they could get away with it somehow.

As for Colwill, I think he was lucky to play in our team when he did. It made him look a lot better than he was and/or is. He's got a fat contract at Chelsea for a long term period, he's set for life if he's sensible. I have no interest in seeing him return to us because the deal would be as unfavourable as the loan deal was.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
It wouldn’t surprise me to see KDH as a Pedro style ‘announced immediately at the end of the season’ signing. Even if they get promoted they’ll need to sell.

levs

Jul 10, 2017
This!

I hoped they would struggle to offload players last summer though. But Saudi clubs came to their rescue and Man U and Arsenal spent silly money on Mount and Havertz. There will always be some clubs interested in their players, Broja, Gallagher, Colwill and Chalobah all have reported interest. They will be fine for FFP. Worst come to worst they can ship someone like Kepa off to Saudi for above his market value.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Selling Kepa to Saudi for £10 million or Lukaku for £40 million makes them no money, because of how much they still have on their books for amortisation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here