Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Levi Colwill *Signed on Season-Long Loan 05/08/2022*

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I bumped into Levi tonight and had a chat with him in the tea queue at the pre-season game between Sholing and Bognor (he's a Southampton lad and his uncle was playing for Sholing).
He said how brilliant it is to be at Brighton and it took very little time to decide to join the Albion once he'd spoken to Graham Potter. A really nice well spoken young man.

I know there's a certain section of the population like to slag off footballers but I reckon the majority are like Levi.

Whenever I hear a young player give a proper interview and not a post match one they nearly always impress me.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I know there's a certain section of the population like to slag off footballers but I reckon the majority are like Levi.

Whenever I hear a young player give a proper interview and not a post match one they nearly always impress me.

You're exactly right. I've known a lot over the years on various levels and the vast majority are like that, really decent guys who have worked incredibly hard to get to where they are and IMO, deserve their rewards.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The loan gives further time for JP Van Hecke to develop and possibly become a first teamer next season plus also bed in a left wing back.
I can see Clarke being sold in this window.
Colwill is a short term fix for the Cucurella departure which wasn’t expected/ planned.
He does seem a very level headed young man and seems to be enjoying his time here so far.
A great introduction to life as a Premier League player on Sunday with his last 2/3 minute cameo.

I don't think so. Colwill is probably (mainly) the replacement for BDB as the backup for Webster.

I'm close to 100% sure a new LB/LWB will be brought in.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I don't think so. Colwill is probably (mainly) the replacement for BDB as the backup for Webster.

I'm close to 100% sure a new LB/LWB will be brought in.

Agree with that.

Earlier on Albion Unlimited I heard David Hartrick absolutely EULOGIZING about Colwill from his time at Huddersfield. Apparently he was perfect on the left of the back 3 and enabled their attacking LWB Toffolo to bomb forward constantly as they knew Colwill would cover him. If Trossard is going to play LWB regularly now as he appears to be, Colwill would have the same job to do allowing Trossard to concentrate more on the attacking side of the role.

I've got a feeling Colwill has been signed with a view to becoming a regular starter so assume Webster switches to RCB with Veltman reverting to RWB.

Whatever, he gives us good options though and IMO reduces the need for a desperation signing at LB/LWB, we can make sure we get the right player there again rather than potentially overspending on a Cucu replacement this window when clubs know we have that windfall and need for a replacement. Think it's a really decent signing again on a number of levels..

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I've got a feeling Colwill has been signed with a view to becoming a regular starter so assume Webster switches to RCB with Veltman reverting to RWB.

Veltman is an excellent central defender but he doesn't have the pace for RWB. I'm sure Potter's Plan A is to get Lamptey back to 100% and in that role as soon as possible. In the brief time we saw him on Sunday he beat the full-back and won an important free-kick that enabled us to keep the ball in the corner.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Veltman is an excellent central defender but he doesn't have the pace for RWB. I'm sure Potter's Plan A is to get Lamptey back to 100% and in that role as soon as possible. In the brief time we saw him on Sunday he beat the full-back and won an important free-kick that enabled us to keep the ball in the corner.

I expect to see Lamptey starting on Saturday unless ASM is out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

If Lamptey is not fit at any point, then Solly March will be there, unless necessity requires him to be at LWB.

March played RWB in the 3-0 win at Wolves, the schooling of Leeds away (that finished 1-1!), the 4-0 humiliation of United, as well as (sort of) this last Sunday. There is no shortage of decent options.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Pom

Screenshot_20220928_085429.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here