Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let's put up season tickets by £200.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
if that is the case they need to re-negotiate with the breweries, I work in the licence trade so either the breweries are ripping the club off or the catering company, believe me there is a fair profit being made somewhere on the price of the beer.
The same with the pies, negotiate a better deal, they will not want to lose the business

My local charges £3.30 for Harvey's £ 3.40 for (piss )Fosters £3.00 Orangeboom and the Harvey's been laid down for two days and served in glass.?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
How about if Barber said this....

Season tickets will go up by £175 from next season.

In return, we will bring back Gully's Girls, let the fans choose our kit for next season, halve the price of being team mascot, and trial safe standing in the North Stand back four rows.

I'm out.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Just curious, but what answer are you expecting that differs from the one he gave?

A better explanation than he gave on air. Don't worry TLO, I'll give a good account of myself and expect a bloody good answer. I don't want a token gesture that we're getting at the moment. I want to know why the Gully Girls aren't back strutting their stuff at the Amex like they were last season and this season and just like Withdean. I want a bloody answer instead of the one he said on the Albion Roar which is - 'THEY HAVEN'T BEEN AXED' and then he said end of topic, It's f***ing obvious he's hiding why he's done what he's done and I want to know.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

And that's the thing. Some people will be out but, looking at it in a cold way, there will be someone who is waiting to take your place who will be willing to stump up an extra £175, especially with some low cost gestures to indicate the club are 'listening' to supporters.

But I hope the club don't f*** supporters around too much in these economically difficult times.

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
I'm working on the assumption that my season ticket will go up by 20% next season. No rationale behind it other than if it does I will be ready, if it doesn't I will have some spare cash to spend in the club shop.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
A better explanation than he gave on air. Don't worry TLO, I'll give a good account of myself and expect a bloody good answer. I don't want a token gesture that we're getting at the moment. I want to know why the Gully Girls aren't back strutting their stuff at the Amex like they were last season and this season and just like Withdean. I want a bloody answer instead of the one he said on the Albion Roar which is - 'THEY HAVEN'T BEEN AXED' and then he said end of topic, It's f***ing obvious he's hiding why he's done what he's done and I want to know.

If it's around the Savile thing, then why are the club still using pretty young girls to sell the Albion Hat-trick?

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
And that's the thing. Some people will be out but, looking at it in a cold way, there will be someone who is waiting to take your place who will be willing to stump up an extra £175, especially with some low cost gestures to indicate the club are 'listening' to supporters.

But I hope the club don't f*** supporters around too much in these economically difficult times.

Don't bank on it, like Paul Barber said, we're a business and sentiment doesn't come into it anymore. Either pay up or stay at home will be the option over the next few years. Take it or lump it. Sad I know but how is Tony going to get his cash back?

Shoreham Gull

Nov 3, 2012
Westdene
West Ham season ticket..

My friend paid £600 when in championship,, then it only went up to £650 ( just £50 increase ) when they was promoted to premiership!
So Brighton have massive attendance at moment and already season tickets aren't cheap, so putting it up would ruin the club! :albion2:

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
If it's around the Savile thing, then why are the club still using pretty young girls to sell the Albion Hat-trick?

Nail on head mate. Barber basically stopped the question regarding Gully Girls dead in it's track. Wouldn't comment any more as he thinks (why else would he not comment) we're all pedophiles and only at the ground to leering at young girls. That's why I'm sending an e-mail tomorrow. Want to know what the f*** is going on instead of the token gestures.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
As the club only get a very small percentage (Paul Barber words on the Albion Roar) from pies and beers so instead of the brewery and Piglet making a mint then the club should take them out of the equation and hike season ticket prices to an extent that the club benefits and not them.
Yes, but me and Mrs Earle couldn't afford them anymore.

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
Anymore than £100 notes in the next 3 seasons I will be out, and that includes Premiership. I dont go to cup games at home anymore because I could spend the £40 on the family.

Oh and Mr Barber if you read this thread fans that pay the money will not be able to attract new fans to the Amex if you ramp up the prices.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
I suspect there are a good few other people in the same position as me in that I simply could not afford a £200 increase.

You best get used to it mate as there is a tidal wave heading our way. Us loyal hardcore fans mean f*** all anymore, we're just a number but if things don't go to plan with the club then they'll rely on us hardcore fans, sorry meant customers. All I say is don't take us for fools.

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
I suspect there are a good few other people in the same position as me in that I simply could not afford a £200 increase.

Not in a million years could I afford that.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Yes, but me and Mrs Earle couldn't afford them anymore.

I feel for you and me and other Albion fans. We'll all be priced out sooner rather than later. But don't worry, the club will be back with it's begging bowl to the hardcore fans if the club plans don't go according to plan. Count me out if that happens. Get the new fans to help out, oh dear, just forgot, they won't be around to pick up the pieces but us loyal fans just like the 90's.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Not for £200 more than my current st it wouldn't be easy in the slightest

Quite. Stick 200 quid on the price of my ST and I'll be f***ing it off altogether. A lot of folk are struggling to make ends meet as it is: so unless we all have some miraculous windfall c/o the goddam Gleggeron Axis in the not too distant, there's gonna be many more like me.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
If the prices went up in a big way, I would have to give up my season ticket. No fault of the club but I all ready pay double if you take in account the cost for me to get to the game from Reading. Petrol prices will mean i will pay more to go and see Brighton next season regardless if the club raise the price. If they put the price up that will be it for me.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
West Ham season ticket..

My friend paid £600 when in championship,, then it only went up to £650 ( just £50 increase ) when they was promoted to premiership!
So Brighton have massive attendance at moment and already season tickets aren't cheap, so putting it up would ruin the club! :albion2:

600 / 23 = £26.08

650 / 20 = £32.50

25% price hike.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here