Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let's put up season tickets by £200.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
As the club only get a very small percentage (Paul Barber words on the Albion Roar) from pies and beers so instead of the brewery and Piglet making a mint then the club should take them out of the equation and hike season ticket prices to an extent that the club benefits and not them.

Dec 29, 2011
We might only get a small cut of pie/beer sales, but does that include the license fee the vendor has to pay Albion for the privilege to sell to us?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
We need Barry Lloyd to re-run the 'Lifeline' campaign to fundraise to save the Albion.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
We might only get a small cut of pie/beer sales, but does that include the license fee the vendor has to pay Albion for the privilege to sell to us?

as a supplier of food items to big events,ie glstonbury,reading,dorset steam fair,i wonder how much they pay?
for example for us to trade for one week at glasto,we had to pay 8 grand a the pitch

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I fully expect them to go up by £200, WHEN we are promoted.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011

Paul Barber didn't mention how much they pay us so what he said I take as we're making very little money from them.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I would happily give up my home, pension benefits and CD collection to fund the Albion.

joker

BHA Blues Away
Aug 2, 2010
Eastbourne
if that is the case they need to re-negotiate with the breweries, I work in the licence trade so either the breweries are ripping the club off or the catering company, believe me there is a fair profit being made somewhere on the price of the beer.
The same with the pies, negotiate a better deal, they will not want to lose the business

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Wish the [MENTION=257]The Large One[/MENTION] had asked that question when he interviewed him. How much do the catering pay for their contract.

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
If season tickets went up by £200, how many people would not renew, a good several thousand in my opinion unless we go up. With the extra seats it should be easy to get tickets for any game if you are organised so it would a really bad decision. The club needs to negotiate a better deal with the catering as we must have some of the highest food/beer sales in the countryper fan and would be a real shame if the proceeds couldn't go into the club.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
If season tickets went up by £200, how many people would not renew, a good several thousand in my opinion unless we go up. With the extra seats it should be easy to get tickets for any game if you are organised so it would a really bad decision. The club needs to negotiate a better deal with the catering as we must have some of the highest food/beer sales in the countryper fan and would be a real shame if the proceeds couldn't go into the club.

I would as I'd cut out the beer and pies. It's rammed with with people buying pies and beers. Cut them out and they'll be able to afford the increase.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
An increase of 30-50% is totally out of the question in the current financial climate. The club will charge more next season and a modest rise of 5-10% is fair and the club will have to cut its cloth is other areas.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
How about if Barber said this....

Season tickets will go up by £175 from next season.

In return, we will bring back Gully's Girls, let the fans choose our kit for next season, halve the price of being team mascot, and trial safe standing in the North Stand back four rows.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
An increase of 30-50% is totally out of the question in the current financial climate. The club will charge more next season and a modest rise of 5-10% is fair and the club will have to cut its cloth is other areas.

But fans/customers find money to gauge themselves on pies and beers?

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Does anyone know if there's still a waiting list for season tickets and if so, how many ar waiting?

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
How about if Barber said this....

Season tickets will go up by £175 from next season

I have no problem with that and would pay it as spend triple that amount on pies and beer.

we will bring back Gully's Girls

That'll never happen, Paul Barber said they aren't axed but they are. He said he didn't want to speck about the subject again, end off, period! Having 4 Gully girls waving flags around before the teams come out and 6 walking around the pitch at half time is a token gesture, nothing more.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I fully expect them to go up by £200, WHEN we are promoted.

I would suggest around £100 given the riches guaranteed when in the Premiership

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here