Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let's put up season tickets by £200.

Dec 29, 2011
How much people predict the income is is irrelevant.

It's not that irrelevant. I might have tunnel vision here because I only speak to people on NSC who like discussing profits/ST prices etc, but it seems people will be more willing to fork out, or at least accept prices rises, if they think the club is in a poor financial state. If Barber said, "we profited £2m last season" and then put prices up, IMHO there'd be a bigger backlash than if he said, "we lost £8m last season". Do you agree or am I the only one who thinks this?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
That'll never happen, Paul Barber said they aren't axed but they are. He said he didn't want to speck about the subject again, end off, period! Having 4 Gully girls waving flags around before the teams come out and 6 walking around the pitch at half time is a token gesture, nothing more.

Wish the [MENTION=257]The Large One[/MENTION] had asked that question when he interviewed him. How much do the catering pay for their contract.

You're being very selective with your comments.

One, Gully's Girls operate at events other than matchdays.

Two, he also said anyone could write to him to ask him something. So why don't you do just that?

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
As a bit of a lightweight on the drinking front I am always amazed at the amount of beer some drink at the Albion. I should imagine that some are spending at least £30 a game on beer and food for themselves therefore if the match price of a game rose by £10 (about £200 a season) this shouldn't bother many.

Jan 30, 2008
if season tickets went up by £200, how many people would not renew, a good several thousand in my opinion unless we go up. With the extra seats it should be easy to get tickets for any game if you are organised so it would a really bad decision. The club needs to negotiate a better deal with the catering as we must have some of the highest food/beer sales in the countryper fan and would be a real shame if the proceeds couldn't go into the club.
people will not renew next year if there is an increase regardless of what league we're in :wink:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
It's not that irrelevant. I might have tunnel vision here because I only speak to people on NSC who like discussing profits/ST prices etc, but it seems people will be more willing to fork out, or at least accept prices rises, if they think the club is in a poor financial state. If Barber said, "we profited £2m last season" and then put prices up, IMHO there'd be a bigger backlash than if he said, "we lost £8m last season". Do you agree or am I the only one who thinks this?

People discussing profit and loss is one thing, but if they do it from a position of not knowing, it renders it merely that... a discussion.

If, however, people were discussing from a position of knowledge (i.e. Paul Barber said...), then there is some validity in the arguments put forward.

But you didn't say that - you've effectively accused Paul Barber of lying by indulging in spin.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
How about if Barber said this....

Season tickets will go up by £175 from next season.

In return, we will bring back Gully's Girls, let the fans choose our kit for next season, halve the price of being team mascot, and trial safe standing in the North Stand back four rows.

This STH isn't remotely interested in any of those 'benefits'. (Or, for the record, Dark Star)

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
You're being very selective with your comments.

One, Gully's Girls operate at events other than matchdays.

Two, he also said anyone could write to him to ask him something. So why don't you do just that?

If you give me his e-mail address then I will tomorrow when I'm level headed and can put the right questions to him so please leave or PM me his address. Thanks.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Come back Dick Knight and Martin Perry all is forgiven?

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
We need Barry Lloyd to re-run the 'Lifeline' campaign to fundraise to save the Albion.

I have £20 if it helps to save you....AGAIN. That'll be £40 when you reach the promise land, i will not charge interest.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
So you were being selective in listening to the show?

paul.barber@bhafc.co.uk

No not at all, thought it was a brilliant show and the presenters were spot on with their questions and their follow ups. I'll listen and tune in more often as it was first class. But it bugged me when he shot the presenters down in flames regarding the Gully Girls which I took offense to which is why I want him to answer my questions.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea

Makes sense to me

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would suggest around £100 given the riches guaranteed when in the Premiership

Fair enough. Done!:thumbsup:

(There will, of course be less games in the promised land).

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
As the club only get a very small percentage (Paul Barber words on the Albion Roar) from pies and beers so instead of the brewery and Piglet making a mint then the club should take them out of the equation and hike season ticket prices to an extent that the club benefits and not them.

Laugh .. Piglets make f**k all. Ram ST prices up and there's 2 less here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here