Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let's not beat about the bush: self service checkouts

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Today - Sainsburys Gyratotry Lewes Road Lunchtime

6 x Asian Blokes ( all students around 17-18 asked to produce ID for a few cans of beer) fair enough.

Me a 59 year old decided to go the self service route because of the delay(RED ALARMS GO OFF:eek:)

They exit while I wait for ROBOCOP to give me the once over and then let me pay and get the feck out of there FFS!

Serves you right.....for looking so young! :lolol:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Not at all, I agree with paying, considering the harm they do, re-read my post, it's the waiting to get the bloody things!

Why not take the bags you got last time to save the wait :)

(It's called recycling)

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
Yes, technically there is no offence committed until they leave the store and as such, they can throw the wrappers away and get away with it unless they are observed. ... and most of the time the supermarkets are too scared to prosecute in case it leads to bad publicity.

Sorry but that is wronf the offence is commited when they decide to steal the item.. the dishonesty part.. or mens rea.. the fact it is often hard if not impossible to prove to prove this as they could say I was going to pay at the checkout is the reason why they let them leave the store as this then proves the intent and dishonesty

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here