Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Let's all laugh at Arsenal

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I’m not going to laugh at Arsenal until we’ve taken a few points off them this season. Do we have players like Toney & Calvert-Lewin to exploit White? No.

a few on here were calling for us to buy Toney a year ago. Seems ridiculously short sighted now not to have taken a punt on Toney for 9 million from Peterborough.......Worst case we couldve done the same as Clarke and loaned him for a year to championship side.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
A widely predicted result, as we know the 'top six' doesn't exist anymore as there are four big teams then a group fighting for Europa league spots down to mid table with the rest trying to avoid the trap door. Occasionally a big four team will cock it up letting someone in but Arsenal (and Spurs) are no where near the required level.

Well done Brentford [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

I think this why some were disappointed BW didn’t aim higher
Myself included tbf in

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
By dumping other clubs Do you mean they abandoned the stripes ?

Yes, despite being lifelong born n bred Brightonians.

In the Poyet era we had lunch with “an Arsenal family” where the guy had switched to Arsenal aged 30 because in a London park he’d been introduced to the “godly” Bould and Adams. In awe, he joined his fellow Arsenal plastics.

His question to me was a snooty “Why exactly do you support Brighton, are they any good?”.

He lived one minute from Withdean Stadium, the price of a ticket would’ve given him the chance to find out for himself.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Does that matter? That's how most big transfer fees work and that would probably include any business we did in bringing someone in.

It is. But some people on here think we have £50m burning a hole in our pocket and we don't. Yes we have debt burning a hole in the clubs accounts, so people need a reality check if they think we're suddenly going to blow £20m plus on a striker. What planet are these people on?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
a few on here were calling for us to buy Toney a year ago. Seems ridiculously short sighted now not to have taken a punt on Toney for 9 million from Peterborough.......Worst case we couldve done the same as Clarke and loaned him for a year to championship side.
He was only £5m to a PL side something in his contract.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Yes, despite being lifelong born n bred Brightonians.

In the Poyet era we had lunch with “an Arsenal family” where the guy had switched to Arsenal aged 30 because in a London park he’d been introduced to the “godly” Bould and Adams. In awe, he joined his fellow Arsenal plastics.

His question to me was a snooty “Why exactly do you support Brighton, are they any good?”.

He lived one minute from Withdean Stadium, the price of a ticket would’ve given him the chance to find out for himself.

Indeed I remind some I know , at any given opportunity of their first love being the Albion
Despite them now professing to be Chelski or Mongwall , as they used to travel to the Goldstone regularly
With not even a hint of having affection s further afield at the time
Just don’t understand it myself I really don’t

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
It is. But some people on here think we have £50m burning a hole in our pocket and we don't. Yes we have debt burning a hole in the clubs accounts, so people need a reality check if they think we're suddenly going to blow £20m plus on a striker. What planet are these people on?

We had a bid of more than £20 million for Nicolas Gonzalez accepted by Stuttgart back in June. If he hadn't chosen Fiorentina we'd have already done it.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
A widely predicted result, as we know the 'top six' doesn't exist anymore as there are four big teams then a group fighting for Europa league spots down to mid table with the rest trying to avoid the trap door. Occasionally a big four team will cock it up letting someone in but Arsenal (and Spurs) are no where near the required level.

Well done Brentford [emoji106]

I view it as a top five. Leicester always spend a **** ton of money but nobody seems to notice/care. But yeah, the Arse and Spuds are playing catchup and I think while Arteta is manning the helm for the gooners they're only likely to get further behind.

Well done Brentford, just make sure you don't finish above us.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Myself included tbf in

Once a ‘star’ player is no longer our player they’re an opposition player in my eyes and I honestly couldn’t give a crap about their career. The only ‘disappointment’ I could ever feel is that they no longer play for us.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
You would be wrong if what I heard is true, Tau was set to leave unfortunately a sizeable deal for a striker collapsed at the last minute which led to the U turn on Tau. Potter was worried we would be light upfront going into the season. Don’t shoot the messenger.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
We had a bid of more than £20 million for Nicolas Gonzalez accepted by Stuttgart back in June. If he hadn't chosen Fiorentina we'd have already done it.

Did Tony or anyone at the club confirm this? Probably all rumour and speculation. The one thing I do know was that last year we did NOT make a bid for Nunez contrary to what some people think. And I do know someone inside the club - and no it's not the tea lady.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Myself included tbf in
As poor as they are at the moment Arsenal are still a big step up. At some point (probably post Arteta) they will improve and BW will prove his worth. Alternatively a bigger club will come in for him if they continue to underperform and he continues to impress meanwhile we have £50m to spend .. a good deal all round imo.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This William Saliba bloke (much better than White according to Arsenal fans) - on loan at Marseilles according to Wiki (although somebody has been 'editing' Wiki with a load of bollocks which will hopefully soon be removed). Arteta doesn't fancy him, so he's farmed out on loan ..... cheeky £5-10M bid might be worth a punt?

It would be worth crowd-funding the £5M just to watch AFTV when it happens!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Indeed I remind some I know , at any given opportunity of their first love being the Albion
Despite them now professing to be Chelski or Mongwall , as they used to travel to the Goldstone regularly
With not even a hint of having affection s further afield at the time
Just don’t understand it myself I really don’t

Personally I can understand kids falling in love with an amazing team they see on the box.

Adults completely changing their club, sometimes more than once :lolol:, in chasing reflected glory is pants.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I view it as a top five. Leicester always spend a **** ton of money but nobody seems to notice/care. But yeah, the Arse and Spuds are playing catchup and I think while Arteta is manning the helm for the gooners they're only likely to get further behind.

Well done Brentford, just make sure you don't finish above us.
Leicester have done well but they don't seem to have the strength and depth of top four teams so fade towards the end of season after a few injuries. Definitely punching above their weight but I can see them finishing upper mid table.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Well I for one wanted Brentford to get dry humped, same as all the ‘little’ clubs.
I’ve no love for Arsenal or anyone else in the league, but clubs round us need to be shafted

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You would be wrong if what I heard is true, Tau was set to leave unfortunately a sizeable deal for a striker collapsed at the last minute which led to the U turn on Tau. Potter was worried we would be light upfront going into the season. Don’t shoot the messenger.

U turn on Tau - oh, I really hope not (even thoigh I think Holland would be better move for him than Egypt). Shoot the messenger? - Nah - just pitchforks if trolling! :wink:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Well I for one wanted Brentford to get dry humped, same as all the ‘little’ clubs.
I’ve no love for Arsenal or anyone else in the league, but clubs round us need to be shafted

Nah bollox, live on the edge, you’ve got to do the business yourself as a club and not rely on others, fantastic result, more power to the Bees and misery for glory hunting plastics everywhere, which is the most important thing. Marvellous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here