Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight - Transfer Listed By Rushden

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Does BG not think that Peter Taylor, Steve Coppell, Mark McGhee, Kenny Jackett, Martin Allen, Paul Ince, Peter Taylor again, Terry Yorath, Ian Holloway, Garry Hill and every other boss Leon Knight has played for made an attempt to deal with his personality issues?

Or does he think they're all such shit managers that this thought never occurred to them??

I do not disagree with any of that but feel for the sake of a months wages it would be well worth one last try as I said if it works great if it doesnt we havent lost much and there is no disputing that he would be better to have as a sub than what we have at the moment once the loans go back. First bit of trouble from him and his contract is cancelled.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I do not disagree with any of that but feel for the sake of a months wages it would be well worth one last try as I said if it works great if it doesnt we havent lost much and there is no disputing that he would be better to have as a sub than what we have at the moment once the loans go back. First bit of trouble from him and his contract is cancelled.

Absolutely 100% no way.

There are players still in the sqaud who would never accept him back.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I just cannot believe someone of such talent, and who seemed to get the necessary breaks, end up falling so far and so fast down the pyramid.

An absolute SHOCKING waste of talent.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What is the situation regarding random testing for recreational drug use, in the English football?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
1. The Albion should never ever even entertain the idea of employing him again.

2. The likelihood that he will be able to recapture the form of his 1 good season with us is remote.

3. He's a total liability as regards team morale.

Clearly, other clubs agree with Points 1 - 3. He will have to lower his wage demands and, once he's done this, another club will come in for him. His best bet might be Motherwell under McGhee.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
What is the situation regarding random testing for recreational drug use, in the English football?

What has that got to do with this thread:ohmy:

Or are you suggesting Leon is a user of illegal drugs ?

I can't thing of any other reason you would have raised such a question.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I never suggested ANY such thing. Merely asking a completely unconnected, rhetorical question :angel:

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Does BG not think that Peter Taylor, Steve Coppell, Mark McGhee, Kenny Jackett, Martin Allen, Paul Ince, Peter Taylor again, Terry Yorath, Ian Holloway, Garry Hill and every other boss Leon Knight has played for made an attempt to deal with his personality issues?

Or does he think they're all such shit managers that this thought never occurred to them??

Knight doesn't fit in anywhere because he pisses off every club he ever plays for with his lazy nature and big-I-am attitude. That hasn't changed in eight clubs so far, and probably never will until the day he realises his big-shot career is over and he ends up back in Hackney, aged 27 years old, with a stack of debts and a lifetime of regrets.

Only the terminally deluded would seriously believe any manager or club is going to change him now. Get real, and move on.

Is THE correct answer. :bowdown:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
As a public service, might I provide the following link for all those who would like to track the downward spiral of Leon Knight as he moves ever further away from the Football League. Just click on 'Full Structure'.

http://www.thepyramid.info

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Leon Knight: Signed for R&D on August 24 2008

Transfer listed by R&D on 29 October 2008

Bless, isn't he a lovely lad, and only 25 too. Career has now taken in Chelsea, Huddersfield, Sheffield Wed, Brighton, Swansea, MK Dons, Wycombe and R&D.

And BARNSLEY. Don't forget Barnsley took him on loan from Swansea, and also chose NOT to sign him.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Watching Knight's career nose dive has been very satisfying and personally, I'd be delighted if this board continued to track his comedy career into the Conference South.

And yes, I'm being vindictive, because he's a total gobshite. I remember his comments about "all 6,000" of our fans. Wish you were playing in front of 6,000 now Leon, eh? :tosser: :tosser: :tosser:

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
Watching Knight's career nose dive has been very satisfying and personally, I'd be delighted if this board continued to track his comedy career into the Conference South.

And yes, I'm being vindictive, because he's a total gobshite. I remember his comments about "all 6,000" of our fans. Wish you were playing in front of 6,000 now Leon, eh? :tosser: :tosser: :tosser:

This is a view I find it very hard to disagree with. :clap:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I wonder how long it will be before we STOP talking about Leon Knight?

A one-season wonder for us who had a brilliant opportunity to take his career to the next level in The Championship. His attitude then took over as he thought he was WAY better than he actually was. Everyone slaughtered Mark McGhee for being 'unable to use him properly' but subsequent events have PROVED that it's more to do with Knight's f***ing SHIT attitude than the abilities of the managers who have tried to harness his undoubted ability.
Agreed. In fact McGhee was the BEST at managing him as has now been comprehesively proved. An inferior manager (i.e. everyone else who's had him) wouldn't even have coaxed the level of performance out of him the McGhee did.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My brother and nephews saw him play at York two weeks ago. Said he did nothing all game, though in fairness this seemed more to do with Rushden's cunning plan of hoofing it up in the air and hoping he'd win it against the centre backs.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I never suggested ANY such thing. Merely asking a completely unconnected, rhetorical question :angel:

So why did you asking "completely unconnected, rhetorical question" specifically in an already established thread about Leon Knight ?

If it was completely unconnected you would posted it as a new thread,
Don't think your telling the truth somehow.

Do you know something, that you have now decided you cant tell ?

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Weird as it may seem, I'm with BG on this one. Obviously a talented footballer who could be got in on the cheap. We know about his behaviour issues, is it too much to hope that he may have matured a little?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I would STOP GOING if that little **** came back!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here