Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight - Transfer Listed By Rushden

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I wonder how long it will be before we STOP talking about Leon Knight?

A one-season wonder for us who had a brilliant opportunity to take his career to the next level in The Championship. His attitude then took over as he thought he was WAY better than he actually was. Everyone slaughtered Mark McGhee for being 'unable to use him properly' but subsequent events have PROVED that it's more to do with Knight's f***ing SHIT attitude than the abilities of the managers who have tried to harness his undoubted ability.

Clapham Old Mug

Aug 6, 2004
Clapham
I can't believe it's just an attitude thing. He's become a mini(scule) Gascoigne disaster area.
Asperger's syndrome.....?
Whatever, he needs help. The abuse he used to get on here was fair enough; I can't believe a mentally normal person would have allowed himself to sink this low. Time for NSC to lay off him?

I wonder how long it will be before we STOP talking about Leon Knight?

A one-season wonder for us who had a brilliant opportunity to take his career to the next level in The Championship. His attitude then took over as he thought he was WAY better than he actually was. Everyone slaughtered Mark McGhee for being 'unable to use him properly' but subsequent events have PROVED that it's more to do with Knight's f***ing SHIT attitude than the abilities of the managers who have tried to harness his undoubted ability.

Magoo was still toilet though. Let's revive the thread with more about that, eh?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
It seems you have short memories and your view only relates to his footballing skill.QUOTE]

That is what I am basing this on and I asked would he accept that this is a last chance and would MA be able to curb his disruptive influences. If the answer is yes then he would be a cheap and better addition to the bench as a striker than we have available once all the loan players have gone back, assuming we dont sign Fleetwood, which seems unlikely.

I would offer him a contract until end of the year to see what he does and if nothing we havent lost a lot. Perhaps the chance of a further contract will get his head in gear.

Pure insanity

I would offer him a contract until end of the year to see what he does and if nothing we havent lost a lot. Perhaps the chance of a further contract will get his head in gear.

You're either his mother, brother or agent. Own up-which is it?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Magoo was still toilet though. Let's revive the thread with more about that, eh?

Yup, the man who took us to our highest finishing position in 17 years, and made a profit of £2.5million on transfer dealings was a complete clown.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
30 goals in 103 games, so you're wrong
25 of which were scored before the end of March, wasn't the penalty in the play off final, his first goal in over 10 games for us and we were debating at the time if he should be starting the final.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Does BG not think that Peter Taylor, Steve Coppell, Mark McGhee, Kenny Jackett, Martin Allen, Paul Ince, Peter Taylor again, Terry Yorath, Ian Holloway, Garry Hill and every other boss Leon Knight has played for made an attempt to deal with his personality issues?

Or does he think they're all such shit managers that this thought never occurred to them??

Knight doesn't fit in anywhere because he pisses off every club he ever plays for with his lazy nature and big-I-am attitude. That hasn't changed in eight clubs so far, and probably never will until the day he realises his big-shot career is over and he ends up back in Hackney, aged 27 years old, with a stack of debts and a lifetime of regrets.

Only the terminally deluded would seriously believe any manager or club is going to change him now. Get real, and move on.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
That YouTube vid showed that he was a class act; left, right, header's, flicks..

Tut..How can you go from that good to being released from R+D..?

What a plonker..!

That YouTube vid showed that he was a class act; left, right, header's, flicks..

Tut..How can you go from that good to being released from R+D..?

What a plonker..!

Leon Shite has never been nor ever will be a class act. He might have been a half decent footballer at one point in his career but class act? Hardly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here