Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight - Transfer Listed By Rushden

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Anyone who believes this little shit deserves a second chance are stark raving mad.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As stated earlier my opinion is based entirely on his ability on the field and the ability of MA to sort him out. The cost would be worth taking a chance in my view, on a short term, monthly contract. If it works fine we have benefited if not we have lost a month or 2 wages which would obviously be a lot less than he was on last time probably £4 - £5k per month

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As stated earlier my opinion is based entirely on his ability on the field and the ability of MA to sort him out. The cost would be worth taking a chance in my view, on a short term, monthly contract. If it works fine we have benefited if not we have lost a month or 2 wages which would obviously be a lot less than he was on last time probably £4 - £5k per month

He would get slaughtered by most of us if he ever appeared at Withdean, even if it was in an Albion shirt. I would shout abuse at him everytime he touched the ball and I have never booed an Albion player in 25 years of watching them.

Not worth the risk even if he paid to play.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Sure we could resign him, the only problem being that if he was dropped he'd throw a strop. I thing his situation at R & D has more to do with a change on management rather than his performances, he's one of several players for who his club are open to offers.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Rushden still have the same manager that signed him - Garry Hill - he has put eight on the transfer list saying none of them are prepared to "graft" and match the work rate of other ( in his opinion ) less talented teams

Probalby find the other seven are Leon's best mates who have all decided to work as hard as Leon in the two months he's been there

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
He's gone, not even doing that well in Blue Square Premier, lets move on. Murray, Forster, Fleetwood, Anyinsah even Robinson and Virgo over him any day.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Looking forward to having him serve me in Subway or somewhere similar in a year or two, the jumped-up little c*nt. Shame really because he's actually quite a good footballer.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Looking forward to having him serve me in Subway or somewhere similar in a year or two, the jumped-up little c*nt. Shame really because he's actually quite a good footballer.

That's what I hate about him. He had the talent but pissed it away because of his crap attitude.

Clapham Old Mug

Aug 6, 2004
Clapham
Very sad, really. Eight clubs and eight black clouds - and he's only 25. It can't just be childish bloody-mindedness.
The Football League, or wherever he's currently registered, ought to have the ability (and concern) to send him to see some sort of psychiatrist. There aren't enough players around with his crowd-pulling talents for them just to write him off

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I havent checked it out but I would suggest that his scoring ratio per games played is higher than any body we have at the club now excluding Forster and Murray.

Very clever comment. Exclude our two recognised strikers and hey, it's no surprise that LK has a higher ratio than our midfielders/defenders/goalkeeper etc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any manager who signs a player based just on his football skills and takes no account of his personality and off field behaviour should be shot. Why do you think top players are checked out for the everything about them before they are signed. It's a team game and therefore you need to be able to fit in. Simple as. That's not to say managers don't take gambles on top quality mavericks but LK doesn't fit into that category.

LK will be out of football soon and it will be his own undoing. What a waste.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
It seems you have short memories and your view only relates to his footballing skill.QUOTE]

That is what I am basing this on and I asked would he accept that this is a last chance and would MA be able to curb his disruptive influences. If the answer is yes then he would be a cheap and better addition to the bench as a striker than we have available once all the loan players have gone back, assuming we dont sign Fleetwood, which seems unlikely.

I would offer him a contract until end of the year to see what he does and if nothing we havent lost a lot. Perhaps the chance of a further contract will get his head in gear.

I have said all this before ................but thinking about it Mickey does not suffer fools gladly so how long would he last and do we really want the trouble making little twat back even if it was to see his bruised ego after being thumped by the hawk or thommo.
now best left alone methinks.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You miss the point in that I would not expect him to be a first choice so excluded those buty feel that he would do better to come on as a sub than anybody we have at the club at the moment.

Also I agree about the need to check out a players temperament etc but knowing about his and laying that on the line to him that he either changes his attitude or falls by the way side may and I only say may suddenly make him see sense and realise that this is his last chance the alternative being playing for fun and not as an occupation. We could reap the benefit and if not it would be very little to lose to take the chance.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
You miss the point in that I would not expect him to be a first choice so excluded those buty feel that he would do better to come on as a sub than anybody we have at the club at the moment.

Also I agree about the need to check out a players temperament etc but knowing about his and laying that on the line to him that he either changes his attitude or falls by the way side may and I only say may suddenly make him see sense and realise that this is his last chance the alternative being playing for fun and not as an occupation. We could reap the benefit and if not it would be very little to lose to take the chance.

I gave this a lot of thought the last time he was available but since have come to the conclusion that he will never change lots have tried others have not bothered and just got rid .............and why should Mickey even bother if there is any chance he might upset the rhythm of the squad.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I gave this a lot of thought the last time he was available but since have come to the conclusion that he will never change lots have tried others have not bothered and just got rid .............and why should Mickey even bother if there is any chance he might upset the rhythm of the squad.

Very cheap option if it worked.

Very cheap option if it worked.

It hasn't worked at every club the little shit has been at-best left well alone. Unless you were thinking of bringing him back to wash the players' cars because that's what he's destined for?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here