Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lenihan to Hull City

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I like the way everyone has decided that this kid is mustard, all it took was someone mentioning Seamus Coleman and we have all decided he is a must sign player.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Can't blame the lad, if he thinks he's going to get a chance in the Premier League right away, then why wouldn't he take it? I'm sure most players would.

Footballers tend to look short term, because they don't have long careers. He could come to us now, and we'd tell him we hope to get in the Premier League, or he could go to Hull, who are already there. He's not going to worry that Hull might get relegated, because he's concentrating on what they can offer him NOW. Same with Sam Baldock, much as Bristol City fans love to say he wants to stay because he "loves the city and we're aiming for promotion".

If the Albion agree a fee with City, and the contract on offer is satisfactory, Baldock won't think twice about leaving Ashton Gate, whatever their promotion prospects.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
So, has it actually been confirmed who he has signed for then?

I can't see anything official at all

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
So, has it actually been confirmed who he has signed for then?

I can't see anything official at all

No not yet, someone claimed on Twitter that he was seen on his way to have a medical at Hull this afternoon.

Thats all.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Holla , Teixeira , Bennett , Gardner and Colunga were all done and dusted before any of the competition could hijack the proceedings.

Not necessarily.

On a separate note, I would imagine we are going to see more high quality loan signings now that our facilities are first class.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Common sense says we sign this guy for £200,000 and make the Premier or sell him for £2M.

Alternative for him is instead not making the 25 and being loaned to Scunthorpe or Grimsby and never making the Hull first team squad.

Short sighted if he goes to Hull not Brighton.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Go to hull and play u21 games...will never see again unless they progress in cup.
In time he will get loaned out but his wage packet will be far more there than with us.
Seeing us first meant hull new what our offer was. We do not get into bidding wars.
Hull did have the draw of a Europa cup game tomorrow although they will lose and go out.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
How can anyone criticise him if he chooses to join Hull City now? They have a proven manager, they've brought in some decent players in this window and should be safe this season. They've also got a few Irish faces at the club too, so in many ways it's the perfect destination for him.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Would have thought an announcement at Hull this evening. Longer there's no announcement he may be on his way down here again.

Plan B will arrive within a week, well that's what's happened so far (although Hyypia's plan A was Bennett rather than Ward).

????

Attachments

• Plan_B_2476180b.jpg
    Plan_B_2476180b.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 603

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here