Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leicester in 2 weeks

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I have no interest in parking.

I am a natural libertarian so I hate the idea of showing papers. I protested against ID cards when Thatcher tried to bring them in.

Not being able to pass on season tickets has nothing to do with this.
It just doesn't make sense.

I am as you correctly say discontented. I am 51. I am Goldstone and Withdean.
The disconnect between board and supporters is tangible. I know numerous season tickets who have not renewed.

The stadium is 25/30% empty I'm not alone in my view

This is the crux……..whatever the policy, if this is the result, it’s shit. And it is.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
It’s not parking policy, it’s simple availability caused by a landlord decision isn’t it ? See other thread re Covid passports - it’s not a shitty policy, merely front-running likely/expected Government requirements before formal implementation, entirely sensible to do so before it is necessary to make sure they’re prepared.

I agree. That’s my point.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
You pay for the right to transfer for the whole season. It’s your choice to only use it once if you want. The total cost for me to transfer my ticket for the whole season is £20.

Of course I can pay £20 to enable me to give my ticket away. There the problem starts. I know of no one who is a Seagull member also know no one who can afford it or free to go on a regular basis that is not already a ST holder. Has never been an empty seat anywhere round us as we let each other know if missing a game sometimes day before. I have made use of these spare seats a few times and each time to somebody who definitely would not attend usually for cost reasons. (yes many out there that cannot justify the cost of going to a football game ) I have also taken a relative with health issues once a season I am not willing to pay an additional £25 each time I take somebody and certainly would not ask them.
Maybe now with club having gained many £20 and £25s it is difficult to back track and will just have to put up with many empty seats. Just seems that an easy solution for now would be to allow people to pass tickets on for say 3 times a season.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Of course I can pay £20 to enable me to give my ticket away. There the problem starts. I know of no one who is a Seagull member also know no one who can afford it or free to go on a regular basis that is not already a ST holder. Has never been an empty seat anywhere round us as we let each other know if missing a game sometimes day before. I have made use of these spare seats a few times and each time to somebody who definitely would not attend usually for cost reasons. (yes many out there that cannot justify the cost of going to a football game ) I have also taken a relative with health issues once a season I am not willing to pay an additional £25 each time I take somebody and certainly would not ask them.
Maybe now with club having gained many £20 and £25s it is difficult to back track and will just have to put up with many empty seats. Just seems that an easy solution for now would be to allow people to pass tickets on for say 3 times a season.

Exactly this. The club have screwed up and they are paying for it with empty seats. No shame in making a mistake but they really ought to hold their hands up, reverse the decision and initiate a more pragmatic system that achieves what they need to achieve, puts bums on seats and isn't an expensive pain in the arse for a season ticket holder who can't attend a game a couple of times a season and wants to pass on the ticket to someone who wouldn't otherwise be able to come.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Does it come down to the reason the recipient needs to be an Albion+ member? They want to go to a game, maybe just the one and may not benefit at all from the annual Albion+ benefits. They have no desire to be put on a ST waiting list, basic merchandise or preference for additional tickets home or away.

Obviously the club have an obligation to know who is in the stadium due to Covid and I assume the football ground regulations (not 100% on the latter) but there’s an alternative at the fraction of the price to e-ID the transferee to met this obligation. E-Id at a unit cost dependent on usage comes in at 30 pence to £1.60 a search. I accept it’s a new process and can become messy if you are not familiar with the rules and regulations and I suspect the club haven’t taken up for this reason.

There’s obviously a case to consider a lower cost transferee process but again additional processes which will have to be built, hassle again.

Also looking back wasn’t it an issue of fairness to those on the waiting list (who have paid for membership) in preventing roll ups benefiting. Not sure if there is a waiting list still though.

I agree £45 (edit as a one off for a single game) on top of the existing ST price is excessive in my opinion but I think a reflective admin charge should be applicable

Last edited:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I don’t want a refund………..I am just pointing out what ‘you’ are paying - IN TOTAL - per seat, and that if it’s only once or twice the overall spend is LESS if you simply buy guest tickets rather than use the sharing scheme.

Yeah, I have already acknowledged that. Just don’t know why we are talking about it when the subject is actually a season long right to share your ticket. If you are only missing one game then who cares ? Oh well.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yeah, I have already acknowledged that. Just don’t know why we are talking about it when the subject is actually a season long right to share your ticket. If you are only missing one game then who cares ? Oh well.

Suspect a majority of STHs attend most games….hence the angst - and more importantly the empty seats.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I have no interest in parking.

I am a natural libertarian so I hate the idea of showing papers. I protested against ID cards when Thatcher tried to bring them in.

Not being able to pass on season tickets has nothing to do with this.
It just doesn't make sense.

I am as you correctly say discontented. I am 51. I am Goldstone and Withdean.
The disconnect between board and supporters is tangible. I know numerous season tickets who have not renewed.

The stadium is 25/30% empty I'm not alone in my view

Fair enough. I’m Goldstone, Gillingham and Withdean as well and don’t feel any disconnect with the board. In fact I think it’s the best board we have ever had. We just have different opinions. Nothing wrong with that.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Suspect a majority of STHs attend most games….hence the angst - and more importantly the empty seats.

There is a reason that it is worthwhile doing this even if only once at the Leicester game. My daughters friends wanted our (mine and my wife’s) seats in particular so they could sit with her. They weren’t interested in saving a tenner to be sitting in a different part of the ground, as ST guests.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
There is a reason that it is worthwhile doing this even if only once at the Leicester game. My daughters friends wanted our seats in particular so they could sit with her. They weren’t interested in saving a tenner to be sitting in a different part of the ground, as ST guests.

I think you may just have answered the conundrum
It’s all about personal interest / circumstances that affects each individual s view on the subject for sure
But it’s having a negative effect already Which seems to be being ignored by those Whom it’s not directly impacting on Yet ?
The empty seats are just a clue ?

Yoda

English & European
I think the Hove to Brighton part of the West coast line is closed for two weeks and straddles the Leicester game. Anyone know if they will divert trains on the West coast line via Preston Park if it is closed?

Not according to this: https://www.southernrailway.com/tra...k?date=2021-09-19#engineering-departure-board

Saturday 18 and Sunday 19 September:
Buses will replace trains between Brighton and Littlehampton.

Very much doubt Southern have had the foresight to pre order enough busses/coaches to handle the extra demand.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I think you may just have answered the conundrum
It’s all about personal interest / circumstances that affects each individual s view on the subject for sure
But it’s having a negative effect already Which seems to be being ignored by those Whom it’s not directly impacting on Yet ?
The empty seats are just a clue ?

Yes, but I was answering the claim that there is no advantage to using this scheme as a one off. I have no idea if we will transfer any more tickets this season but now we are able to do so for no further cost. For Leicester, my daughter’s friends can sit with her in mine and my wife’s seats rather than in some other part of the stand. Unless you sit in an area with general sale tickets you won’t be able to buy ST guest tickets near you. Seems a bit odd to me to have a guest you don’t speak with.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Does it come down to the reason the recipient needs to be an Albion+ member? They want to go to a game, maybe just the one and may not benefit at all from the annual Albion+ benefits. They have no desire to be put on a ST waiting list, basic merchandise or preference for additional tickets home or away.

Obviously the club have an obligation to know who is in the stadium due to Covid and I assume the football ground regulations (not 100% on the latter) but there’s an alternative at the fraction of the price to e-ID the transferee to met this obligation. E-Id at a unit cost dependent on usage comes in at 30 pence to £1.60 a search. I accept it’s a new process and can become messy if you are not familiar with the rules and regulations and I suspect the club haven’t taken up for this reason.

There’s obviously a case to consider a lower cost transferee process but again additional processes which will have to be built, hassle again.

Also looking back wasn’t it an issue of fairness to those on the waiting list (who have paid for membership) in preventing roll ups benefiting. Not sure if there is a waiting list still though.

I agree £45 (edit as a one off for a single game) on top of the existing ST price is excessive in my opinion but I think a reflective admin charge should be applicable

More or less agree, but the point re knowing who needs to be in the ground for Covid T&T isn’t a reason for the ST sharing to be required at all - any STH can buy guest tickets for most games without assigning them to anyone in particular, the tickets can stay in the name of the STH who can then take anyone in on them without providing a name.

They simply need an additional mechanism for occasional transfer if they want to avoid the swathes of empty seats.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
More or less agree, but the point re knowing who needs to be in the ground for Covid T&T isn’t a reason for the ST sharing to be required at all - any STH can buy guest tickets for most games without assigning them to anyone in particular, the tickets can stay in the name of the STH who can then take anyone in on them without providing a name.

They simply need an additional mechanism for occasional transfer if they want to avoid the swathes of empty seats.

Following my original post I did think further about the verification of an Albion+ membership and it’s very limited in verification terms, just a name address and a uk bank account (which I don’t think the beneficial owner of is cross referenced to the named person anyway) so agree the verification angle doesn’t stand up, back to commerciality!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I have emailed mr Barber re this. He doesn’t agree obviously. But I know the huge majority of fans think it’s pointless and silly. He also pointed to the travel subsidy we give when I pointed out no other prem clubs are charging for this. But not everyone uses the travel subsidy.

OP - yes of course there’s a point in listing them - just do it and see? I did my 3 for Everton but it was literally 100 or so short of selling out and they didn’t open the exchange - frustrating. But more frustrating I couldn’t give them away for FREE like I normally would - to people who wouldn’t go and spend £40 per ticket with the club - so not robbing the club of any money either - they may realise next season and drop this whole bullshit thing and just let people pass on as they always have.

Yep. Daft decision from the club that will lead to less new Albion converts, less bums in seats so less money spent in the ground also.

Short sighted short-term thinking. IMO.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I’m not completely up to speed on how the tickets work once they’ve been uploaded to a phone wallet, but there must be a straightforward way of transferring them between phones seeing as law of averages says that several thousand fans will replace their phones at some point during a 9 month season!

New phone - transfer data to new handset via Apple Cloudi thingy (or whatever it's called) or Google Drive - straight into new wallet.....apparently.

Drama and stress free.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Ah you've not answered my question. The total cost per person was £45 but a guest ticket could have cost £35.

If a season ticket holder is just missing 1 match a season it isn't worth joining. That's simple maths. If someone will miss several matches a season it's a great scheme, especially for those that split cost of season tickets between several people (which happens). Don't get me wrong; I'm just saying for one offs it isn't worth it.

Yes - what he’s done is effectively buy a match ticket admittedly at pro rate rate that he can’t attend (£30-£45 ish) and then burn £20 on top of that :lol:

Thing is it’s not a great scheme for those sharing a ticket is it - as last season they’d just share the card between them and one would pay the other for the games they went to which is no different now. It’s one big scam to make money I’m afraid, that no other club is doing!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yes - what he’s done is effectively buy a match ticket admittedly at pro rate rate that he can’t attend (£30-£45 ish) and then burn £20 on top of that :lol:

Thing is it’s not a great scheme for those sharing a ticket is it - as last season they’d just share the card between them and one would pay the other for the games they went to which is no different now. It’s one big scam to make money I’m afraid, that no other club is doing!

….plus another £25 on the A+ membership…..I guess the club beancounters have done the maths and it all makes commercial sense, and the benefit of that for them (Tony) outweighs having a ground with thousands of empty (paid for) seats.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
….plus another £25 on the A+ membership…..I guess the club beancounters have done the maths and it all makes commercial sense, and the benefit of that for them (Tony) outweighs having a ground with thousands of empty (paid for) seats.

I have just replied to PB with a link to this thread and just said please read for fan feedback. As always I was polite as PB has got most things right and his engagement with fans on email is terrific. But he has this one wrong, according to the vast majority of fans on here and ones I’ve spoken to. So let’s hope for change.

Funny thing is, most who are so against this like myself GIVE their tickets away if they can’t make it and REFUSE the offer of money. It’s basically those who want to see bums on seats and loud support to help the team, and those who want random friends to experience a match for free. It’s not even through selfish glasses whatsoever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here