[Football] Leicester in 2 weeks

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Then you should be reassured by Barber’s clarification that ST no shows are in line with this time of year in previous seasons. That suggests to me that most people who used to pass on their tickets privately are now using the ST sharing scheme and are not leaving their seats empty. Some will but that is not affecting the actual attendance so there will be little effect on atmosphere, bar sales or any of the other predictions made on this thread.

Well my 3 were empty for Everton due to the rule - I’ve seen dozens of posts of similar ilk on NSC. Maybe splitting hairs but the number can’t go the other way - so there’s got to have been less bums on seats than usual. Depends what figure you’d round it to to fit your agenda tbh.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Expected reply TBH......no surprises. He's too wedded to the policy to change anything now, so it'll be next season before we see a rethink (if at all).

Some of his Covid excuses don't wash as guest tickets can be bought without being assigned to anyone
He doesn't comment on the vast numbers of empty seats - I guess the club will have actual numbers (which they won't publish) but we can all see that so far there appear to have been more than usual (despite the ST sharing scheme which should have led to fewer empty seats if it was working properly) - a simple means of legally transferring a ST very occasionally (even if for a fee) should have been in the thinking

Putting all personal situations and preferences to one side, maximising attendance should be the primary objective of any ticketing policy - in that, the policy has been a big failure at the moment (I'll grab a slice of humble pie if we're back to near-full now the holidays are over) and reflects pretty badly on the club (every time we're seen on global TV)

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I'd be happy to pay the £20 to share my ST....If......

....I could then assign to anyone with a fan number.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Just for reference they don't check the names on the tickets just Covid passes.

When you transfer a ticket the club e-mail you the season ticket holder the ticket to pass onto the person attending. So technically one Albion plus membership could but used by multiple people if you wanted to.

Obviously you wouldn't want to do this though.....

Yoda

English & European
What is the point in bragging about record numbers of ST holders if between a quarter and a third aren't turning up and putting extra money into the clubs pocket by spending at the stadium? :facepalm:

Surely after the financial hit the club as taken over the last 18 months they would want to be doing all they can to get bums on seats to maximise fans spending and therefore the clubs profits?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Me too! That’s the issue here. Many have said the same - that’s the happy compromise here without doubt.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I have just replied to PB with a link to this thread and just said please read for fan feedback. As always I was polite as PB has got most things right and his engagement with fans on email is terrific. But he has this one wrong, according to the vast majority of fans on here and ones I’ve spoken to. So let’s hope for change..

So when should we expect the email about how football fans always want everything for free and about us fans are wrong and the club is right?

goldstoneseagull

Aug 9, 2017

This- I don't think any ST would minds that there is an additional fee attached (to assign to anyone with a FAN number) it's the limitation on the other side being a MyAlbion+ member.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
This- I don't think any ST would minds that there is an additional fee attached (to assign to anyone with a FAN number) it's the limitation on the other side being a MyAlbion+ member.

I have replied with this suggestion but all my opinions are being shot down very quickly by PB - I can’t be bothered to reply to ‘Spurs have the cost built into their season tickets’ which is quite frankly nonsense wording and small print. No point arguing with someone who’s hell bent in their ways on something.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Expected reply TBH......no surprises. He's too wedded to the policy to change anything now, so it'll be next season before we see a rethink (if at all).

Some of his Covid excuses don't wash as guest tickets can be bought without being assigned to anyone
He doesn't comment on the vast numbers of empty seats - I guess the club will have actual numbers (which they won't publish) but we can all see that so far there appear to have been more than usual (despite the ST sharing scheme which should have led to fewer empty seats if it was working properly) - a simple means of legally transferring a ST very occasionally (even if for a fee) should have been in the thinking

Putting all personal situations and preferences to one side, maximising attendance should be the primary objective of any ticketing policy - in that, the policy has been a big failure at the moment (I'll grab a slice of humble pie if we're back to near-full now the holidays are over) and reflects pretty badly on the club (every time we're seen on global TV)

ST sharing has only ever been offered for this season.

He has answered the query about empty seats.If ST sharing were deterring people from legally passing on their tickets then there would be higher numbers of ST no shows than usual for the time of year. There aren’t.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

He has answered the query about empty seats.If ST sharing were deterring people from legally passing on their tickets then there would be higher numbers of ST no shows than usual for the time of year. There aren’t.
Indeed. As far as we know the ticket sharing facility is a 1 season wonder.

I'm expecting to be kicked out of my season ticket this year anyway for not attending enough - so next season is a bit academic for me as things stand.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Well I know for sure there ARE as mentioned and can cite many posts to prove that including mine where my 3 seats for Everton were unused but believe what you want. FACT is there would have been more bums on seats just from my 3 tickets and there’s been loads of other posts saying their seats were empty when usually would have been used but didn’t want to put the £45 etc. So sorry, you’re wrong.

Can’t be arsed to argue the ins and outs of the issue now as it’s getting petty from us all.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Being generous, the club might quite rightly have assumed the August dip in numbers was due to Summer holidays, and pretty much in line with previous seasons. Which it probably is, roughly. The real disparity IMHO won't become apparent until a couple of 3pm Saturday kick offs in the Autumn against vaguely attractive opponents. That's when they might start to twig that something may be amiss with the ticketing policy

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Then you should be reassured by Barber’s clarification that ST no shows are in line with this time of year in previous seasons. That suggests to me that most people who used to pass on their tickets privately are now using the ST sharing scheme and are not leaving their seats empty. Some will but that is not affecting the actual attendance so there will be little effect on atmosphere, bar sales or any of the other predictions made on this thread.

Barber was never going to admit to being wrong even if he or club are on this matter .
Is there a way of posting actual people in stadium ,will be good to keep a eye on this season to back up this thread or not ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Barber was never going to admit to being wrong even if he or club are on this matter .
Is there a way of posting actual people in stadium ,will be good to keep a eye on this season to back up this thread or not ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am constantly amazed by people treating the executives at our club as the enemy. Even if you could conduct this experiment what would be the controls that determine the causality ? Just fitting the data to your preconceived evidence-less half baked theories wouldn’t actually tell you that much. I was just refuting the false idea that actual attendance is down for the time of year. If it were then that would be something entirely different and the causes would need looking at. It wouldn’t automatically be attributable to ticket sharing just because you don’t like the scheme.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
The club will, I’m sure, assess costs/benefits of approach. From my side, I intend to attend games but my STH seat will be empty if I don’t. Talking to people over the weekend (non NSCers), the general thought was, rightly or wrongly, the club are beginning to take the Michael.[/QUOTE]

They are ok with the ST prize freeze though ?

Not ST holders though. Just thought it was an interesting perception from more casual attendees.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Well the club had to do something given Covid safety measures and digital tickets. So keeping things the same wasn't an option.

And I'm sure a cheaper scheme - might encourage some take up/reduce friction - although i guess there are all sorts of economic reasons , aside from the membership fee, for encouraging Albion + membership. The ability to being able to market tickets/merch/etc to someone who has already attended a game is valuable for the club.

but we already know that several ST holders and non ST holders on here have already expressed objection to the idea of any fee/extra cost in principle. .

And of course several ST holders on here - and i guess a fair few more - presumably not engaged with threads like this or NSC or social media - are also quite happy with the scheme and are using it given -* for them * its marginal cost / ease of use.

Also there will be a percentage - perhaps the highest percentage given the pandemic - who can't attend for holiday, Covid, weddings, general health reasons - who aren't that bothered about ensuring their ticket is taken - regardless of a scheme being in place (free or fee), or whatever the club do (tweaking the exchange service ) for example. Their reasons for non attendance are largely beyond the clubs control .

And its pretty remarkable given everything that so many season ticket holders and 1901 club members have renewed this season. - I guess the ability to change the name on a season ticket, move your season tickets with ease, having a ticket sharing scheme (even one that costs) , continue to pay by direct debit with no fees, subsidised travel., the flexibility with refunds/ last season's credit policy, and keeping prices frozen might have helped there.

Last edited:

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
The club will, I’m sure, assess costs/benefits of approach. From my side, I intend to attend games but my STH seat will be empty if I don’t. Talking to people over the weekend (non NSCers), the general thought was, rightly or wrongly, the club are beginning to take the Michael.[/QUOTE]

They are ok with the ST prize freeze though ?

Not ST holders though. Just thought it was an interesting perception from more casual attendees.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports