Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leicester in 2 weeks

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Mayhew for those travelling by train, given buses on the west coast line, and then bike riders wanting to return up the mainline.

Southern don’t allow bikes on trains on the day of the ride but given the ride route is Ditchling and Lewes Road (usually) there will definitely be an impact on traffic for a 2pm kick off especially as more fans are inevitably going to be dropped off and picked up by car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I think the Hove to Brighton part of the West coast line is closed for two weeks and straddles the Leicester game. Anyone know if they will divert trains on the West coast line via Preston Park if it is closed?

Southern website talked about a bus between Hove/Brighton.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I have emailed mr Barber re this. He doesn’t agree obviously. But I know the huge majority of fans think it’s pointless and silly. He also pointed to the travel subsidy we give when I pointed out no other prem clubs are charging for this. But not everyone uses the travel subsidy.

OP - yes of course there’s a point in listing them - just do it and see? I did my 3 for Everton but it was literally 100 or so short of selling out and they didn’t open the exchange - frustrating. But more frustrating I couldn’t give them away for FREE like I normally would - to people who wouldn’t go and spend £40 per ticket with the club - so not robbing the club of any money either - they may realise next season and drop this whole bullshit thing and just let people pass on as they always have.

I had an exchange with Jenny Gower when it was first announced…….they seem to have a bit of a blind spot over facilitating occasional transfer as well as not opening the exchange until the ground has sold out. I know it’s been done to death on here but that was mostly before any games had been played - swathes of empty seats so far indicate it (sharing) might not be the great idea many thought (although let’s see what happens). Be interesting to see if any adjustments are made either during this season (suspect not as there would be uproar from some of those who’ve paid) or for next season.

If the exchange opened earlier, they would sell more. I was looking for extra tickets for Everton in our normal block - there weren’t any. If the exchange was open there would have been……and the club would have filled the seats, pocketed the difference between the ST and the full price and sold more beer and pies. Instead they had empty STH seats and no extra income.

Will be maybe 3-4k empty seats (based on two games so far where there appeared to be a lot more than that) every single game until they do something different. Such a shame and a missed opportunity. A concessionary ticket can be upgraded to a full price matchday ticket to a non member 6 times a year, why not an adult season ticket ? Seat gets filled, club gets more income….and a new matchgoer might get hooked. We would absolutely do this with ours if it was an option for the few games a year one of us can’t make it.

PB is usually incredibly astute, but I genuinely think he’s loused this up a bit. It’s costing Tony money, as well as making the crowd look shite.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I’ve taken the option of the match day express coach .

Sure it’s extra cost and I’m not using the already paid for match subsidiary however if it goes to plan, I could be drifting towards a coach season ticket.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I still don’t see the logic to releasing potentially better seats early even with a slight premium to cover any loss against the match day price of a less desirable seat?

If I was buying a one off ticket I would rather buy one in the front row of the WSU ( where [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] ) sits than in the SWC next to the away fans if these were the only tickets on sale.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
I do appreciate many wouldn’t want to take the risk, but judged on the stewarding thus far I really don’t think passing your ST to friends/family would be a problem. At most they might be asked for COVID proof but it won’t be checked against ticket details.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
If I was buying a one off ticket I would rather buy one in the front row of the WSU ( where [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] ) sits than in the SWC next to the away fans if these were the only tickets on sale.

He’s a patient man I hear.

I’m moving to his block so will soon find out.

Access to the sauces first hand is a clear unintended benefit as well

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I do appreciate many wouldn’t want to take the risk, but judged on the stewarding thus far I really don’t think passing your ST to friends/family would be a problem. At most they might be asked for COVID proof but it won’t be checked against ticket details.

Yes but you’d have to have their phone - that’s the difficult part.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He’s a patient man I hear.

I’m moving to his block so will soon find out.

Access to the sauces first hand is a clear unintended benefit as well

Not sure if patient is a good or bad thing :lol:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Would rather not have to give my phone to someone so they can get into a match when I’m going on holiday!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Would rather not have to give my phone to someone so they can get into a match when I’m going on holiday!

I’m not completely up to speed on how the tickets work once they’ve been uploaded to a phone wallet, but there must be a straightforward way of transferring them between phones seeing as law of averages says that several thousand fans will replace their phones at some point during a 9 month season!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I’m not completely up to speed on how the tickets work once they’ve been uploaded to a phone wallet, but there must be a straightforward way of transferring them between phones seeing as law of averages says that several thousand fans will replace their phones at some point during a 9 month season!

The ticket itself updates regularly to prevent illicit transfer. Not sure how changing your phone would be an issue, you simply log on the the app (wallet) on your new one and the ticket will be there a few days in advance of the game. The code for the specific match changes every 20 minutes I think. The system also prevents any ticket being downloaded twice.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

How are you going to pass it on if you haven’t requested a plastic card ?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The ticket itself updates regularly to prevent illicit transfer. Not sure how changing your phone would be an issue, you simply log on the the app (wallet) on your new one and the ticket will be there a few days in advance of the game. The code for the specific match changes every 20 minutes I think. The system also prevents any ticket being downloaded twice.

If you can change it to a new phone then it must be possible to swap it to a mate’s phone and then swap it back.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
If you can change it to a new phone then it must be possible to swap it to a mate’s phone and then swap it back.

Believe that it takes a phone call to Customer Services to transfer to a new phone.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Believe that it takes a phone call to Customer Services to transfer to a new phone.

Makes sense. I thought it might just be a case of removing from your old device and re-downloading to the new one.

I suppose the easy alternative to sharing your ticket between numerous people throughout is to pay the £20 once, and as long as you have just one person on your F&F with Albion+ that you can assign the ticket to then you can send on the print-at-home ticket to whomever you want.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
This is why so many are upset about this scheme. If you’re just going to miss 1 match it’s not worth it.

Will be more like £48 as doubt the friend will want to set up a recurring direct debit so will need to pay £28 instead of £25.

We have transferred our tickets for the Leicester game. Cost them £25 each for Albion + membership and that’s it. We obviously paid the one off cost of £20 per ticket to enable us to transfer the tickets for multiple games this season and our friends can watch PL football for just 25 quid. Bargain and the entire transaction took about 2 minutes.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I suppose the easy alternative to sharing your ticket between numerous people throughout is to pay the £20 once, and as long as you have just one person on your F&F with Albion+ that you can assign the ticket to then you can send on the print-at-home ticket to whoever you want.

This seems to be the only loop hole along with phoning Supporter services to say your phone is being repaired and they'll issue a print at home ticket for £5 (bit like when you forgot your card and had to go to the Ticket Windows on match day in the pre-covid days). Can't do that one too many times obviously!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here