Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leicester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
They have, I was at that one and it was poor, but that start was not helped by Murphy, Sutherland and Ryan.

The other huge difference is 4-5 years to build a team, at that point we were just starting. We now have Sanchez, Cucurella and Trossard

I did say “how times change” we’d have been some promoted Championship team to have the quality we do now!

Do you know I don’t even remember a player called Sutherland :shrug:

Am I more senile than I thought?

Edit , did you mean to type Suttner? :wink:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Just seen highlights. Hard to understand why keeper didnt get a hand to Welbecks header

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
For those who like reading such things, interesting discussion here between Leicester fans who think they should easily beat 'teams like Brighton' and others rightly pulling them up for their arrogance:

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/127752-leicester-1-1-brighton-post-match-thread/

I especially liked this one:

Capture.JPG

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
Just got back home and am still buzzing. I thought the Albion were brilliant today, and exciting to watch Our interplay was unbelievable at times. Everyone did their bit today but Lamptey and Welbeck were game changers, and by the end Leicester (the home team, ex-champions of England and FA Cup holders!) were hanging on for a point - even feigning injury and hoofing the ball into touch during added time to run down the clock.

It was definitely a match of two halves. I noted at HT that the shot count for Leicester was 14 (with 5 on target) and we were 5(1) and they’d had 54% possession. The final stats were Leicester on 15(5) shots with the Albion on 14(5), with overall possession showing the Albion on 57%!

It was an incredible second half performance by the Albion and it shows how far we’ve come, not winning away and feeling a little aggrieved at not bagging all 3 points! With a few refinements (more clinical in the final third and not giving the ball away so often in our own half, which always shreds my nerves!) who knows what this team is capable of achieving?

They were a joy to watch today and the fans were superb, fully behind the team from when they came out for the pre-match warm-up session to applauding them off at the end.

A great day out and a thoroughly well deserved point, after a shaky end to the first half.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Another hugely disappointing draw against a shit team that we should have put away comfortably. Every game is the same. We dropped 4 points against a shit, tired, out of form Chelsea team. We failed to punish Arsenal, Newcastle, Norwich, West Ham and numerous other sunday league teams. Might as well leave Potter and Reid in permanent self-isolation and get in someone who can coach the players to score now and again or who can buy a striker who scores.
So ****ing depressing week after week.

Losing to Liverpool has really got your back up today.

Just got back home and am still buzzing. I thought the Albion were brilliant today, and exciting to watch Our interplay was unbelievable at times. Everyone did their bit today but Lamptey and Welbeck were game changers, and by the end Leicester (the home team, ex-champions of England and FA Cup holders!) were hanging on for a point - even feigning injury and hoofing the ball into touch during added time to run down the clock.

It was definitely a match of two halves. I noted at HT that the shot count for Leicester was 14 (with 5 on target) and we were 5(1) and they’d had 54% possession. The final stats were Leicester on 15(5) shots with the Albion on 14(5), with overall possession showing the Albion on 57%!

It was an incredible second half performance by the Albion and it shows how far we’ve come, not winning away and feeling a little aggrieved at not bagging all 3 points! With a few refinements (more clinical in the final third and not giving the ball away so often in our own half, which always shreds my nerves!) who knows what this team is capable of achieving?

They were a joy to watch today and the fans were superb, fully behind the team from when they came out for the pre-match warm-up session to applauding them off at the end.

A great day out and a thoroughly well deserved point, after a shaky end to the first half.
Spot on mate, very enjoyable to see us completely take control albeit, once we went behind and only 1 team was going to win it by the end.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
I did chuckle at someone's response to that further on of 'since about 1900' [emoji38]ol:
And in fairness to Leicester in the previous 4 seasons (8 games) we have taken two points off them. This season is different, as we all know, 4 points from two games

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Ive read through the Foxes talk online and I think there is a lesson to be learned there about that feeling of self entitlement certain clubs have after they have a period of success. I supported them when they won the league … it was fantastic for the game but it doesn’t entitle you to continued success. I see Blackburn are doing ok…..

To be fair to their fans they have sensible ones to know how it all works.

Foxy

Jun 11, 2014
Another hugely disappointing draw against a shit team that we should have put away comfortably. Every game is the same. We dropped 4 points against a shit, tired, out of form Chelsea team. We failed to punish Arsenal, Newcastle, Norwich, West Ham and numerous other sunday league teams. Might as well leave Potter and Reid in permanent self-isolation and get in someone who can coach the players to score now and again or who can buy a striker who scores.
So ****ing depressing week after week.

I thought it was a game of two halves, your press and energy was impressive but Rodgers didn’t help by taking attackers off and leaving us 30 minutes to hang on

I think the shit team comment is unfair, we are missing Fofana, Evans, Castagne, Ricardo, Nididi, Vardy who all go straight into the first team plus the likes of iheanacho, we’re basically down to the bare bones

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Leicester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Losing to Liverpool has really got your back up today.

Exactly.

A post ranting and raving about draws but he leaves his shitty side out; that gives the game away and blows his cover. Ban the troll.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I thought it was a game of two halves, your press and energy was impressive but Rodgers didn’t help by taking attackers off and leaving us 30 minutes to hang on

I think the shit team comment is unfair, we are missing Fofana, Evans, Castagne, Ricardo, Nididi, Vardy who all go straight into the first team plus the likes of iheanacho, we’re basically down to the bare bones

It was probably a good time for us to play Leicester, but we were also missing Duffy, Dunk*, Llallana*, Mwepu and Bissouma. Plus Lamptey's having to be nursed at the mo (hence only 30 mins). [*subs, but couldn't be risked]. Plus Leicester's resources are hugely greater than ours.

D

Deleted member 2719

Spot on mate, very enjoyable to see us completely take control albeit, once we went behind and only 1 team was going to win it by the end.

Suprised you boys can still talk after all that din you were making.:bowdown:

I hope it was you.:lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
For those who like reading such things, interesting discussion here between Leicester fans who think they should easily beat 'teams like Brighton' and others rightly pulling them up for their arrogance:

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/127752-leicester-1-1-brighton-post-match-thread/

Thanks for posting. Not so dissimilar from our board to be fair. Boot, foot, etc.

This was my favourite post:

"Happy with the draw....we don't have the personnel available currently to be able to turn a point into 3.

You could argue that we shouldn't have made any subs but you have to....our subs (players available) are all defensive minded....there is no Vardy or Iheanacho to bring on and since Brighton threw so many attacking players on Rodgers had to decide whether to react or leave things be...tough decision but given how well Wellbeck and Lamptey played when they came on you can forgive him for adding defensive reinforcements.

Its a point vs a very good Brighton side....we take it and move on."

Charlie a Brighton fan just phoned 6-0-6 to say that Webster won't get a look in with England because of Southgate's bias :facepalm: and that Potter will stay "till the end of the season".

Have some pride and self respect, FFS :facepalm:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

I think (I hope) he was on the wind up...

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Definitely a game of two halves. We looked uncharacteristically shaky first half but definitely only team likely to win after we equalised. I wasn’t impressed with the twice diving to try and win a penalty first half.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here