Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leicester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Great quote from the Leicester forum :lol::lol:

I'm pro Brendan but his tactics lost 2 points today. Saying that, part of me thinks this Brighton team could draw 1-1 with the 82 Brazil team. No excuses from here though. A mini break, and Iheanacho / Ndidi back to strengthen things up, and with these it's not like he doesn't have options. People think Brendan is looking at the next gig, but those boos would have hurt. Odd they got no mention on Match of the Day!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
There are so many comments on your foxes chat forum along these lines ie questioning Rogers for his 5-4-1 tactics and sitting back once you were 1-0 up. The thing is we hear it just about every week from opposition fans and it is most vociferous from the most entitled amongst PL fans. The worst was actually Everton. Many of their supporters just couldn’t process how good BHA actually are. Your fellow fans seem the same despite a few moderately polite disclaimers. I think it displays a lack of understanding of the game. Rogers saw it and you got a point.

There are plenty of our fans react exactly the same way when we don't beat teams like Arsenal and Chelsea at home. :p

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
BHA official media review.
Finally, a mention for a remarkable report in the i paper. The word ‘Brighton’ occurred just four times, the name ‘Welbeck’ not at all. But just a mention. if they are not going to talk about us, we are not going to talk about them!:p

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
BHA official media review.
Finally, a mention for a remarkable report in the i paper. The word ‘Brighton’ occurred just four times, the name ‘Welbeck’ not at all. But just a mention. if they are not going to talk about us, we are not going to talk about them!:p

We didn't have a game this weekend. I caught the PL round-up / goals on BBC Breakfast this morning and only Liverpool and Chelsea played, apparently. Annoying, because that away point at Leicester would have come in handy.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I did say “how times change” we’d have been some promoted Championship team to have the quality we do now!

Do you know I don’t even remember a player called Sutherland :shrug:

Am I more senile than I thought?

Edit , did you mean to type Suttner? :wink:

😂😂 Suttner.

We remain on a journey, so hopefully we’ll continue progressing.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Nicely enjoyable for my first game in exactly 2 years - my last in person game was a 3-1 defeat at Bournemouth in January 2020. And how far we've come since then! Two years transformed us from a Propper-Stephens-Mooy midfield into something so much more dynamic.

We were a little sloppy in the first half, Leicester pressed us well and a back 4 struggled a little defensively, but I I was impressed on the whole by Alzate. Trossard struggled to make much happen for over an hour but ended up scaring the bejeezus out of Leicester for the last 20 or so. Everything else has been said really.

On a personal level it was my first time back to Leicester since the League Cup win in 94, when some **** nicked my scarf off the train and chucked it over a hedge. 28 years later I managed to safely get my scarf home :p so have put that little thing to bed :lolol:

King Power stadium is dull as dishwater though isn't it? Soulless bowl, if they hadn't had such success there over the last few years I'd find it very mindnumbing to go there week in week out

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Only my second live game in 2 years also, KG. And I’m a season ticket holder! Shielding for my wife, and then long term illness for me.

It was good to be back. First half really struggled to put 3 accurate passes together. Second half, showed fight and bite. Really good day out.

I haven’t watched the extended highlights yet, but Trossard, Moder and MacAllister all looked a bit tired and lethargic to me. And Gross, although he still has a quick brain, is reaching the end with his legs. Superb outings for Alzate, Burn, Welbeck and Lamps.

19 day break from PL football sorely needed, after all the energy and commitment we’ve put into these last few games with a depleted squad. Well done lads.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not really sure why you think it’s okay to be rude about it…

Not really sure why you think it’s okay to suggest I was ................ I thought the answer you sought might be found in the thread that was adjacent to this one at the time, so suggested you look there. Did you? - and did you find it?

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Leicester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Clackers, Goal Music, Second Half Team Entrance Music Turned Up to 12.

What’s not to hate?

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Clackers, Goal Music, Second Half Team Entrance Music Turned Up to 12.

What’s not to hate?

Although the handful of Leicester fans at the back on the right hand side of the Brighton block were entertaining. Especially when most of the tweenies were moved on by stewards / police.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Haven’t seen many people comment on how appallingly inconsistent Atkinson was as ref. I was at the game, and he was truly shocking, and every marginal decision went their way. And as for the fiasco when we had the ball, played it, it hit him, but still arrived directly at the feet of one of our players, and it’s intended destination, and we were in a good position with bodies committed forward. And he stopped play to allow a complete regroup. No advantage was gained, and no disadvantage was suffered. Why are these incompetent a55holes allowed to ply their trade when they are so consistently hopeless at it?

kentgully

Jan 10, 2016
Worthing
Haven’t seen many people comment on how appallingly inconsistent Atkinson was as ref. I was at the game, and he was truly shocking, and every marginal decision went their way. And as for the fiasco when we had the ball, played it, it hit him, but still arrived directly at the feet of one of our players, and it’s intended destination, and we were in a good position with bodies committed forward. And he stopped play to allow a complete regroup. No advantage was gained, and no disadvantage was suffered. Why are these incompetent a55holes allowed to ply their trade when they are so consistently hopeless at it?

And he virtually through the ball behind our player, rather than drop it...tw@t.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Yep. It’s like he did that deliberately to allow LCFC even more time to regroup, costing us a very clear break opportunity in the final third of the pitch. I doubt he has ever played the game, he seems utterly clueless on the dark arts of shirt tugging on the blind side etc etc etc.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Which he must do according to a rule change 2-3 seasons ago.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I know that. But it was the way he a) deliberately delayed play before dropping the ball, to allow the opposition to regroup, as if it was a free kick with wall organisation etc which it was NOT, and then b) to further his biased incompetence, and allow further regrouping and recovery time to blunt our attack, to deliberately drop the ball behind our waiting player. Absolute c0ck of the highest order.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
One of the funniest sights at the Leicester match was at half time. Our subs warming up in a keepball session right in front of our fans, and the two in the middle were Scherpen and Lamptey. I swear he looked twice the height.

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
Which he must do according to a rule change 2-3 seasons ago.

Not quite... As it went to our player, IFAB rules state that it can continue. A similar thing occured in the WSL yesterday in the City vs Arsenal Women's game and Ref played on and City scored from it.

IFAB.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here