Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leicester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Bad evening for Glenn,but he was still much better than Locadia.Utter pants.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think we deserved a point. 3 shots on target apiece but Muzza blazed two close range efforts off target, 8 corners to their 4. Bottom line - another defeat and Gross with a knock.

That was a really strong away performance. Although upset at losing, there were lots of positives. Last thing we needed was defeat with nothing to take into Saturday. As it is, we know if we sustain these levels, we will start winning again.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Nah. That isn't good enough. Usually got my blue and white tinted glasses on and take away positives (of which there clearly were some again) but time to get real. We are really, really up against it. We can't keep saying 'good effort', 'we were unlucky' etc etc. The game is simple- play better for the 90 minutes and you almost always win. We almost always give teams at least 20 minutes or completely undefended possession, often with a few gifts thrown in, and that is too much as this level. Forget about the 'Rodgers effect', they are absolute pony atm, they were there for the taking, and we chose the wrong team and started like morons.
We need to get real. Given our spending, we're the worst and least inspiring team in the league- I'm pretty sure all other supporters would say we provide the least to this league. We have a bit of quality but our best players don't seem to play or play in the correct position. CH seems devoid of ideas. Our players lack confidence. Even Dunk is starting to look moronic and Murray suddenly looks very old.
Saturday won't be easy, no game is. And they just won.

Things need to change now. No more 'positives to take from the game despite the loss', we need points, ASAP. We are bottom, BOTTOM of the form table.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
We played well enough to get a result Murrey missed two not exactly sitters but should have got them on target, Gross going off was a loss but Bossuma stepped in very well, no one had a bad game but that's how it goes when your lucks out no time to dwell heads up move on

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Watched it on Hesgoal , take out our slow start and thought we competed well, we need to be more clinical in front of goal.

Huddersfield and Cardiff at home are looking like must win games.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
All terribly worrying. After 15 minutes I wanted to kick my tv in, we were so poor and ultimately paid the price from it. Leicester had only scored one goal in the first 15 mins all season, and we rock up. Sitter of the season goes to Muzza and even the second chance, howler. I can't condemn our performance though, we were good after the opening salvo. But we keep losing and on the form we are in we will go down. If Murray had just taken that sitter. Ref, Probert, good, question his booking of Montoya and not Ricardo for doing exactly the same on March, other than that, decent performance. Decent 80 mins from us but we are so lacking a killer touch. And we all go away as depressed as we were 2 hours prior. Ah well.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Far far too many times we look like we 're in a game but we are so ****ing poor at actually doing anything. We are the ****ing bridesmaid in every game. I firmly blame Hughton for that, if the players aren't good enough ****ing change them. We done **** all in the transfer window, we needed a change we didn't get it. We are NOT good enough. Forget Murray missing we always ****ing miss why? We're NOT good enough.

Really fed up with it

I read that and all I can picture is a child with their toys strewn around them screaming the place down.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
That was a really strong away performance. Although upset at losing, there were lots of positives. Last thing we needed was defeat with nothing to take into Saturday. As it is, we know if we sustain these levels, we will start winning again.

Didn’t watch but sounded like we did well. I’ll take your word for it rather than BS bedwetters :) Brilliant Cardiff lost at home - their results almost as big as ours at mo.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Don't think AK could have done much more, struck it well, very good save. Murray, on the other hand... as someone else said though, if Andone hadn't picked up that ridiculous red at least we would have had him as back up.

He struck it well, but I thought it was too close to the keeper when he had pretty much the whole goal to aim at.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
And now Huddersfield have won for the first time in ages they will be up for it as well on Saturday. That match will be a real test to see if we are good enough.

I'm quite happy with that - better than them turning up at ours without a win in 20-odd games. Wolves were abysmal by all accounts and have now lost both games against Hudds.

Right Back

Marseille was magic
NSC Patron
Sep 21, 2017
Brighton
Seems strange after a loss but we are more likely to stay up after tonight. Cardiff losing at home now means they only have 4 home games left to our six.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Very unlucky today. We totally outplayed Leicester for most of the game. Just need to start finishing. Normally you would have expected Murray to score both of those chances, certainly one. Can't think of much Leicester did, really, I can see why they've been slipping.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I said after Leicester at home that Hughton had to go. I was shot down for it. Half a season later it remains more the case than ever. He’s a nice guy but at this level he’s a loser, as much as it pains me to say it. I wish he was up to it but he’s just not.

The joy of thinking you might be right when you lose. You'll probably sleep better now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here