Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds United vs Brighton and Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A goal conceded in the last 10 seconds. A PERFECT NSC evening binfest is assured. Pringles anyone ?

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Relegated teams all win - would rather they had all got off to bad start.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Looks like we need a left back, a replacement for Crofts, probably cover for Bruno who isn't fit, at least another forward and maybe a few more. Sadly the team / squad is weaker just now than when we ended last season and it needs to be stronger - hopefully it will be so very soon!

Surely if the issue with Bruno is fitness- he doesn't need to be replaced? Just get fit?
We lost Bridge compared to last Season and gained Agustien. Agreed we need a better left back but according to the commentary, Calderon was immense today!
there is a long way to go and definitely no need to panic.

FFS if Kenny hadn't saved two headers we would be discussing next year in the premiership!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We've got ONE striker who can score. Most teams in this division have three or four. We've not paid a transfer fee all summer, and all we've added to the wage bill is ONE proper signing in Agustien. And this is while the club is banking the cash from 23,000 season tickets, the highest in the division by a mile. The manager/board will say all the right things about aiming for promotion, but the reality is we're not.

I believe we will end up around midtable as well but hey ho, life goes on. I do think the clock is ticking re the ambitions to be a premiership set us as we all in all but team, the most important element. I also believe the crowds will start to tail off next season when the novelty of the Amex has worn off and premiership football is essential to keep the fanbase we have built up in the last 2 seasons or 5 years in the championship and we will get 15000 - 18000 most games.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Last season we DREW (edit, damn!) far, far too many games. Clearly Oscar isn't going to let that happen this season, and he took the gamble putting 2 wingers on at the end - increasing the chances of a goal being scored at either end. If we'd scored, we'd all be delighted.

Keep this up all season though, and we'll win half of them and lose half of them - gaining 2 points every time it goes our way, and losing 1 point every time it doesn't. Overall, we're up - and by enough that last season it would have seen us go up in second place.

I like Oscar.

Last edited:

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Sorry, but this afternoon is absolutely bullshit. Why do we NEVER learn? Starting this season with a weaker team than we finished last season is unforgivable for a club that claims to be aiming for promotion. We needed to strengthen just to compete for the top six again. We are at least FOUR players short, and all Bloom talks about is "hopefully getting a couple in by the end of August". People have been so brainwashed that they actually see players like Lopez and Upson as new signings. Well they're not, they were included in the side that got us to fourth. We've wasted a whole summer changing one ponce of a manager for another, and it'll be the same old shit all over again. We'll look pretty at times but we've still only got one player who can score a goal, we've still got tarts who waste every opportunity they are presented with, we've still got Ashley ****ing Barnes starting, we've still got a bunch of old men at the back, we've still got bottlers who concede last-minute goals and things are arguably even worse now as we've got a total waste of human life in Crofts in midfield. We're MILES away, not even close this season I reckon. 14th if we're lucky, and I wish that was a wind-up.

I normally dont bother replying to crap like this but really. One game away at a team hoping to be challenging which we lose to a late goal. Makes you feel crap I know but most people see it for what it is. You on the other hand come out with this. Please do us a favour and go and support someone else.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I rarely agree with Commander and sometimes actually agree with the first part of your insult. However, don't you think it's a bit hasty predicting a season based on 1 game? Excuse me for being either of the above :)

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Sorry, but this afternoon is absolutely bullshit. Why do we NEVER learn? Starting this season with a weaker team than we finished last season is unforgivable for a club that claims to be aiming for promotion. We needed to strengthen just to compete for the top six again. We are at least FOUR players short, and all Bloom talks about is "hopefully getting a couple in by the end of August". People have been so brainwashed that they actually see players like Lopez and Upson as new signings. Well they're not, they were included in the side that got us to fourth. We've wasted a whole summer changing one ponce of a manager for another, and it'll be the same old shit all over again. We'll look pretty at times but we've still only got one player who can score a goal, we've still got tarts who waste every opportunity they are presented with, we've still got Ashley ****ing Barnes starting, we've still got a bunch of old men at the back, we've still got bottlers who concede last-minute goals and things are arguably even worse now as we've got a total waste of human life in Crofts in midfield. We're MILES away, not even close this season I reckon. 14th if we're lucky, and I wish that was a wind-up.

Stay of drugs. They are no good for you no matter what your friends may say.

Or try talking to Frank.

Seriuosly, you got all that from one game? Bit of an over reaction to be fair.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here