Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
My lucky pants now have an unsightly stain from when I shit myself in Herstmonceux Castle gardens on Monday. Time will tell whether this will prove to be a lucky stain or not.

I have lost mine :lolol:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
This game could go either way.

From the Leeds perspective they'll have a massive crowd (30,000 +) behind them, they're currently zipping along on a massive wave of pre-season optimism, Bates has gone, McDermott has ingratiated himself with the fans by spending €50 buying a few of them a drink on their pre-season tour (instant legend status!) and they've spent £1m buying a midfielder from Crewe and they've also brought in the destroyer of Everton in last years FA Cup, the 10' tall Smith from Oldham. On the other hand they were mid-table mediocrity las season and 3 of their best players aren't playing today.

As for us, we lost in the PO semis, at home, to our greatest foe, we've just emerged from an incredibly acrimonious summer, we've got a new manager and support team, pre-season indicators suggest it will take the players some time to adapt to his ideas and some of the (eg Buckley?) may still be recovering from the loss of Poyet and we've lost the best left back in the division last year. However, other then Bridge we have retained all our key players from last year.

Most of Leeds +s are off the pitch issues. On the pitch, given our record against them last year, we look stronger on the day given their absentees. They key issue for me is whether we can survive the first 20/30 minutes in what is going to be a hyped up, highly charged, "mighty Leeds are back" atmosphere, with their players running on adrenalin. If we can, and if we can score the first goal I think their bubble will burst and normal service will be resumed. Those are quite big IFs though!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Solly March ripping them apart in the second half !
Won't know what's hit them (snigger) !!!!

DIRTY FILTHY CHEATING MANKY WANKY TOILETHEADED SHITEBAG LEEDS 1
ALBION 2 ( Barnes, Ulloa )

Wish I was going but have to work ( sniff )

C'mon you Seagulls let em av it !!!!!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Some of the rules include:

Must not have any asterisks
Must have one asterisk
Must have two asterisks
Must have three asterisks
Must have four asterisks
Must not use the ampersand
Must use the ampersand
Must be started as early as possible
Must not be started until an hour or so before kick off
Updates for other games must be given
Complaints about updates for other games being given must be made
If the goal scorer in another game shares the name of one of our players, it must be mentioned as a tease, e.g. Barnes scores!... Gary Barnes has scored for Annan athletic against Elgin city
When the team is announced, if you rave about it, claiming the points are in the bag you are almost certainly costing us the win
People must complain about the format of the title and/or the format of the post
Someone must ask if there is a stream or somewhere online they can listen to the game for free, all they can hear on BBC radio Sussex online is the Southwick game.
Someone must post criticising people for "believing" any of is stupid superstitious stuff makes any difference (bonus points if they then joke about their own superstitious routine)

That's definitely page one of the rule book, anyway.
Bravo Acker!

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
I'd say home advantage will be a big factor today.....unfortunately we're playing at Leeds. I'm going for an optimistic 2-2 but I'm expecting the worst. Have Leeds got a decent right winger?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It is a shame we'll be starting this game with no new signings albeit Upson has gone from loan status to permanent. We are currently weaker than last season due to new management and no Wayne Bridge. Lets hope that come September when I expect we'll have a handful of new signings, we've not lost too much ground. A draw against Leeds would be a fine result. 1-1.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Team news:
Koosh, Bruno, Upson, Greer, Calde, Liam, Croft, Orlandi, Will, Ash, Leo

Subs: Ankergren, El Abd, Dunk, Spanish Dave, Kemy, Solly, Kaz

May as well. It's so bleeding obvious.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Team news:
Koosh, Bruno, Upson, Greer, Calde, Liam, Croft, Orlandi, Will, Ash, Leo

Subs: Ankergren, El Abd, Dunk, Spanish Dave, Kemy, Solly, Kaz

May as well. It's so bleeding obvious.

Think you've got that one bang on. Possibly JFC on bench though.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
It is a shame we'll be starting this game with no new signings albeit Upson has gone from loan status to permanent. We are currently weaker than last season due to new management and no Wayne Bridge. Lets hope that come September when I expect we'll have a handful of new signings, we've not lost too much ground. A draw against Leeds would be a fine result. 1-1.

I disagree - Ulloa, Upson and Orlandi starting the season makes us stronger than start of last year. If Kemy starts, even stronger.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
This. I think the playoff result is clouding people's judgements as aside from bridge this is the same squad that was top 4 in the form table for the second half of last season

Would take a draw today use Tuesday for players additional match fitness then roll on derby

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I disagree - Ulloa, Upson and Orlandi starting the season makes us stronger than start of last year. If Kemy starts, even stronger.

I was not comparing us to the team that started last season.
*I'm comparing us to the team that won the Championship last season!

* If the season were to have started in January.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Lets not forget the significance of an opening day victory. Had we beaten Hull City away last season...well. That is chip wrapper now. Onwards and upwards. Fingers crossed for a positive start to the campaign.

UTA :albion2:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Think you've got that one bang on. Possibly JFC on bench though.

I originally had him on the bench, but then remembered Kemy and SD. Extremely confident about starting 11, but bench could have Brez, JFC or Barker on it, with Kaz, Ankers and Dunk possibly making way.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This. I think the playoff result is clouding people's judgements as aside from bridge this is the same squad that was 2nd in the form table for the second half of the season.

Corrected upwards!

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I was not comparing us to the team that started last season.
*I'm comparing us to the team that won the Championship last season!

* If the season were to have started in January.

Fair enough! Only really at LB where we are weaker though - cannot comment on the new management bit yet, but I have no reason to doubt that it will work in time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here