Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leeds sack Javi Gracia - Allardyce appointed for last 4 matches

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
The thing is, imho The Telegraph is great for sport, travel, financial matters and personal finance, Ukraine coverage.

Genuinely I've never read an editorial in any paper in my life. I'm not interested in hacks or people who think they know more than us ramming their opinions down our throats. The difference in the Telegraph, from say the Mail/Mirror/Express, is that they don't surreptitiously try to influence readers in non-politics articles. I'm a floating voter and I don't give a monkeys what the papers say.
You're right and also as a floating, non tribal Labour voter, I have to extend the same considerations you rightly highlight about the DT to the Guardian. They both have excellent sports and brilliant non political articles.

Obvs for both if you stray into political opinion pieces you know their allegiances and perspectives will be through those lenses and won't be independent.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Who goes down really doesn't bother me . . . just been nice these last few seasons to be able to look on it without any worry that it might be us!
These last few seasons.????
wasn’t last season the first we have been relatively safe before the end of the season?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The thing is, imho The Telegraph is great for sport, travel, financial matters and personal finance, Ukraine coverage.

Genuinely I've never read an editorial in any paper in my life. I'm not interested in hacks or people who think they know more than us ramming their opinions down our throats. The difference in the Telegraph, from say the Mail/Mirror/Express, is that they don't surreptitiously try to influence readers in non-politics articles. I'm a floating voter and I don't give a monkeys what the papers say.
I have a subscription with them for the summer. The free one, mind. Cricket coverage is second to none. I don't have any antipathy with the old Torygraph, it's not the Mail or Express (I would have to go to confession if I subscribed to those) What you say is indeed correct.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Leeds have an awful set of games left.

They will maybe pick 2 points up, 4 at the most.

Forest have 3 games they will think they can get a couple of wins out of

Everton need a win tonight otherwise it's more than likely going down picking points up in the last 2 games, could be relegated already

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Do you know, that video of the players is a bit poor. I understand not wanting to be pestered in restaurants or while with family, or in Tesco, or at an airport after a long journey…

I also understand not wanting to sign autographs for obvious collectors with big binders of stuff to sell on eBay.

But ignoring little kids, supporting a struggling team while on official club time… I don’t know, it just seems unnecessarily mean.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Actually genuinely angry watching that. Look at the little lad’s face. I was a soft kid, I probably would’ve burst into tears at not so much as a wave back from my heroes. Was it really that hard to just be nice to a small child for 10-20 seconds?

Bloody hate human beings sometimes.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Do you know, that video of the players is a bit poor. I understand not wanting to be pestered in restaurants or while with family, or in Tesco, or at an airport after a long journey…

I also understand not wanting to sign autographs for obvious collectors with big binders of stuff to sell on eBay.

But ignoring little kids, supporting a struggling team while on official club time… I don’t know, it just seems unnecessarily mean.
Apparently it is because “"On a matchday we do an activation walk” according to the apology on the bbc site, what ever the *uck that is.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Not sure anyone will want to take the job on, unless its an internal appointment for four games.
With Leeds conceding goals at an alarming rate, their goal difference could take a real hammering with City away and Newcastle home the next two games.

Leeds v Everton in the Championship next season does have a satisfying ring.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Apparently it is because “"On a matchday we do an activation walk” according to the apology on the bbc site, what ever the *uck that is.
That’s just absolute bollocks.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Changing manager again will do very little for them. It's the crap players that are the problem.

However, someone like Big Sam would at least improve them defensively for a couple of games.
Really ? Since when. He relegated West Brom don’t forget !

el punal

I’d like Stains to escape (not going to happen), and Leicester to go with Leeds and Everton.
Please NO! I’ve had 30+ years of Saints fans boasting how they’re the top club on the south coast and having it rammed down my throat at every opportunity. Let them wallow in eternal misery with lashings of humble pie while they look up to the lofty heights of our position in the Premier League. :drink:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Since his whole career? Unless you only want to look at his time at West Brom.
I’m just saying he’s a bit of a myth now. Not convinced anyone can save them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here