[Football] Leeds sack Javi Gracia - Allardyce appointed for last 4 matches

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I see Leeds are odds on to drop. I'm guessing we're supporting Leicester tonight, as they have a better chance of overtaking Leeds than Everton do?
We need them to have something to play for against spurs last day.

Also they are always an easy team to take points from so much better they stayed up and Leicester/Everton/forest joined soton.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
They should never have sold Ben White - he'd have helped shore up their defence.
What happened to his replacement ? That German superstar

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We need them to have something to play for against spurs last day.

It's possible they'll already be safe going into the last day. I don't think they'll already be relegated.

Also they are always an easy team to take points from so much better they stayed up and Leicester/Everton/forest joined soton.
Well I'll take that silver lining if they stay up.

Brok

Bork. I meant Bork.
Dec 26, 2011

Hmmm... This all seems a bit OTT to me. I counted about 15 fans(?) there, most of them looked like they couldn't care less, either reading or with their phones in their faces.

Having said that, the kids there should at least got a wave or something. They are the future, after all.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yeah, I got that, but if he backed Everton, he wouldn't want them to go down. He clearly doesn't back them.
I suppose so.

I didn't literally mean 'backs' as in 'puts money on them', or 'canvasses on their behalf'. Merely favours in a two header versus another team that isn't Liverpoo.

But no worries - I think you and I often have the same reaction to words and expression you feel don't map well to their intended purpose. Albeit....different words and expressions. :thumbsup:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Behind a paywall.

Worth noting that the DT is offering a three month subscription free on trial. Worth it for those who follow cricket in the summer.

It's a bit 'Tory' for me, but their sports coverage is very good.
Yep l feel the same, the Telegraph can be a good read in many respects, but l feel a tad guilty reading it with my centre left politics.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I see Leeds are odds on to drop. I'm guessing we're supporting Leicester tonight, as they have a better chance of overtaking Leeds than Everton do?
I don't wish ill to any of the clubs fighting relegation, except Leeds.

Indifferent on any 2 of the 3 that will go, but Leeds going after all the delusions of grandeur and Billy big bollox entitlement talk will be absolutely hilarious.

Please let it happen.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Behind a paywall.

Worth noting that the DT is offering a three month subscription free on trial. Worth it for those who follow cricket in the summer.

It's a bit 'Tory' for me, but their sports coverage is very good.

The thing is, imho The Telegraph is great for sport, travel, financial matters and personal finance, Ukraine coverage.

Genuinely I've never read an editorial in any paper in my life. I'm not interested in hacks or people who think they know more than us ramming their opinions down our throats. The difference in the Telegraph, from say the Mail/Mirror/Express, is that they don't surreptitiously try to influence readers in non-politics articles. I'm a floating voter and I don't give a monkeys what the papers say.

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
I don't have anything against Everton, they're a pretty big club but don't seem to have the entitled fans so many other big clubs do - presumably due to being in Liverpool's shadow. The only club I'd like to see relegated are Leeds, so I just want whatever results make that more likely :)
Yup, I know a few Evertonians. Decent people who strangely come from Liverpool. Still don’t want to see them drop but Leeds can drop Like a stone in water as far as I am concerned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports