Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leeds lining up their Ben White replacement

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I don't like coincidences, part of me wonders if Leeds are trying to ruffle feathers in our dev squad putting pressure on the club to play or sell them or others ie White.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The Haydon family impatience is pretty disappointing, but if he wants to go then he'll either find greener grass or he won't elsewhere.

We just need a reasonable fee and a big sell on clause.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I don't like coincidences, part of me wonders if Leeds are trying to ruffle feathers in our dev squad putting pressure on the club to play or sell them or others ie White.
Luckily we are now too professional for that sort of nonsense, and it is more about whether our valuation is met or not.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
The Haydon family impatience is pretty disappointing, but if he wants to go then he'll either find greener grass or he won't elsewhere.

As far as I know it was just the one tweet from his dad, wasn't it?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

Haydon will get a loan for sure next year. He needs one.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Haydon defo needs a loan. Comfortable at u23 level despite his age in the England u18 set up. CBs always seem to take longer to establish themselves at any level though at a young age so he will have to bide his time a bit. He should look at the pathway set out for white and realise if he is good enough he will break into our 1st team. Potter will promote youth. Lampety McAllister Bissouma Connolly Mupaay webster trossard all 25 or younger all getting regular game time

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
What did this alleged tweet by Roberts' dad actually say?

Cant remember which thread but [MENTION=1276]AZ Gull[/MENTION] posted it somewhere. IIRC Brighton were playing some club who gave a kiddo a chance and Roberts daddio posted something along the line with "One club doing the right thing giving youngsters a chance, the other dont".

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
See post #27 -

https://www.northstandchat.com/show...-replacement&p=9411389&viewfull=1#post9411389

He basically claims Brighton haven't developed Ben White. I'm sure there were a couple of references made to some other tweets he'd made last year on another thread but I can't find them now, they certainly fit in with the pushy parent agenda, and apparently he's deleted his twitter.
Yeh, I saw that tweet - I didn't see its link with Roberts though, just a rather silly comment about White. Still, maybe there's history somewhere, other tweets perhaps.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Haydon will turn 20 just before the 2022/23 season starts. Ben White will turn 23 in the first or second month as an Albion & Premier League player. FFS.

Over to Yoda on this one:

“Patience you must have, my young padawan.”

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Yeh, I saw that tweet - I didn't see its link with Roberts though, just a rather silly comment about White. Still, maybe there's history somewhere, other tweets perhaps.

Found the reference to another tweet now on the Lars Dendonker thread by AZ Gull.

https://www.northstandchat.com/show...s-Dendoncker&p=9398577&viewfull=1#post9398577

Garner and greenwood on the bench for Man U . None of the BHA u18 team that beat the same players 3-1 in FA youth cup have ever been on the bench for any first team game , one club doing things right and one wrong

As his Twitter has been deleted its possible the club have had a word via young Hayden.

HeadLiner

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Evening Chaps. Here is the Ben white story from our side.

The facts as Ben White no doubt sees it: whilst on loan at Leeds, he has become a high profile Championship player (we are on TV enough), talked of as a Liverpool target. He has played every game, and played bloody well, and is obviously highly regarded by a world renowned coach. We could speculate that he has become attached to the club - being first choice and happy are powerful points; don't we all think strongly about our first love? He may well be in awe of Bielsa. Crumbs, our whole fan base are, and rightly so. He is no doubt pretty happy and enjoying his football and I'd expect not as many professionals get to experience that as often as we'd imagine.

My club: hard to understand Leeds unless you follow them really. It's a big city and every surrounding town in North, West and East Yorkshire is part of the catchment.You could speculate the population in that catchment isn't far off 2 million. There is the ongoing overseas connection still present from the past, the huge website hits and that big following. We toured in Australia last summer and had a 5K following from down under. Why is that relevant? The club has the feel of a top ten club and the pressure is that of a top ten club. Forget our 16 year absence, the club remains big news. If you can handle playing at Leeds, it's a great pointer to your mental ability to handle that sort of step up. It's quite an addictive all embracing environment and every club hates us; they really do. Most have forum threads about us and the phrase 'cup final' springs to mind when we come to town. Most raise their game against us. It all adds to the sense that this is a a special place and a siege mentality and close knit squad is a result.

What do we know? The club are surprisingly close knit, extremely well run and very few leaks get out now. Ben White is very close to a couple of the players: Roberts and Phillips. We are given the impression by those who write about the club that he would be open to a deal. Leeds have been looking at alternatives but have not written off signing White. Nowadays you know from agents if a player is interested prior to bidding and you discourage links if they aren't going to happen. As we know, player power is dominant now. If Ben White wants to leave, he will leave Brighton. Most of our mob thinks you won't be able to keep hold of him - I think you are safe from relegation so that is not an issue - but that we don't have a chance if Liverpool come sniffing. I'd ponder on whether he would play regularly for them? No of course he wouldn't. He can become an outstanding ball playing defender but . . . has no PL experience and isn't a strong defender or aerially dominant. The way Leeds play hasn't allowed him to be exposed to those weaknesses. It could be there is a rule that says new PL signings cannot be loaned, which means White would go from a regular to a squad player. He has no doubt jumped up a level and would be a 50K a week footballer on a new contract. There is a final small factor that very few outside of Leeds see to know. QSI - the owners of PSG - are going to invest in us following promotion. To what extent and how that works is open to debate. We've heard that they are not happy with how things went in France and want to do things differently BUT with KSA close to buying Newcastle and the UAE already at City, you can imagine how driven their motivations will be.

So Ben White. Lovely player. Been a joy to behold. Hardly put a foot wrong. Would love to have him here. Price? Hmm, could be corona affected but 20-25million (see Mings).

Regards

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Evening Chaps. Here is the Ben white story from our side.

The facts as Ben White no doubt sees it: whilst on loan at Leeds, he has become a high profile Championship player (we are on TV enough), talked of as a Liverpool target. He has played every game, and played bloody well, and is obviously highly regarded by a world renowned coach. We could speculate that he has become attached to the club - being first choice and happy are powerful points; don't we all think strongly about our first love? He may well be in awe of Bielsa. Crumbs, our whole fan base are, and rightly so. He is no doubt pretty happy and enjoying his football and I'd expect not as many professionals get to experience that as often as we'd imagine.

My club: hard to understand Leeds unless you follow them really. It's a big city and every surrounding town in North, West and East Yorkshire is part of the catchment.You could speculate the population in that catchment isn't far off 2 million. There is the ongoing overseas connection still present from the past, the huge website hits and that big following. We toured in Australia last summer and had a 5K following from down under. Why is that relevant? The club has the feel of a top ten club and the pressure is that of a top ten club. Forget our 16 year absence, the club remains big news. If you can handle playing at Leeds, it's a great pointer to your mental ability to handle that sort of step up. It's quite an addictive all embracing environment and every club hates us; they really do. Most have forum threads about us and the phrase 'cup final' springs to mind when we come to town. Most raise their game against us. It all adds to the sense that this is a a special place and a siege mentality and close knit squad is a result.

What do we know? The club are surprisingly close knit, extremely well run and very few leaks get out now. Ben White is very close to a couple of the players: Roberts and Phillips. We are given the impression by those who write about the club that he would be open to a deal. Leeds have been looking at alternatives but have not written off signing White. Nowadays you know from agents if a player is interested prior to bidding and you discourage links if they aren't going to happen. As we know, player power is dominant now. If Ben White wants to leave, he will leave Brighton. Most of our mob thinks you won't be able to keep hold of him - I think you are safe from relegation so that is not an issue - but that we don't have a chance if Liverpool come sniffing. I'd ponder on whether he would play regularly for them? No of course he wouldn't. He can become an outstanding ball playing defender but . . . has no PL experience and isn't a strong defender or aerially dominant. The way Leeds play hasn't allowed him to be exposed to those weaknesses. It could be there is a rule that says new PL signings cannot be loaned, which means White would go from a regular to a squad player. He has no doubt jumped up a level and would be a 50K a week footballer on a new contract. There is a final small factor that very few outside of Leeds see to know. QSI - the owners of PSG - are going to invest in us following promotion. To what extent and how that works is open to debate. We've heard that they are not happy with how things went in France and want to do things differently BUT with KSA close to buying Newcastle and the UAE already at City, you can imagine how driven their motivations will be.

So Ben White. Lovely player. Been a joy to behold. Hardly put a foot wrong. Would love to have him here. Price? Hmm, could be corona affected but 20-25million (see Mings).

Regards
With having a professional gambler at the top of the club, Bloom probably won't sell to a relegation rival. Also, with regards to corona, it is more likely that Bloom will ask for more, not less. Mings will go for less because of relegation, not corona.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here